Looking for a Rifter article on Aircraft maneuvers

For the discussion of all things in the Rifter. As well as ideas for the Rifter and so on.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Long Shadow
Dungeon Crawler

Looking for a Rifter article on Aircraft maneuvers

Unread post by Long Shadow »

I've been looking for an article which covered aircraft maneuvers, specifically on G-forces a pilot can handle and for the life of me I cannot find the Rifter it was in. Does anyone have an idea which Rifter I'm thinking of?
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Re: Looking for a Rifter article on Aircraft maneuvers

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

the rifter index at nexusnine.net can be a big help.

looking there... rifter #33 has an article on air combat, which IIRC includes some manuvers.
Rifter #5 has an article on air combat as well, which IMO works well with the stuff in rifter 33.
really though, my suggestion would be to find a nice non-rpg source on air combat manuvers. these usually go into more depth on different tactics, which you can combine with the above rifter articles.

myself, i have a manual from the old F-19 Stealth Fighter flight sim, which includes not only air combat manuvers, but also tips on manuvering for stealth.
i also have a copy of the game manual for Chuck yeager's air combat, an older flight sim game. it included a large section on air combat manuvers and tactics, with nice easy to read illustrations.

actually, there is an online copy from the 2nd edition of the F-19 game here, which should help.

wikipedia alos has a page that might help,
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website

Return to “The Rifter® Forum”