Vampires in Heroes Unlimited

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

DtMK
Hero

Re: Vampires in Heroes Unlimited

Unread post by DtMK »

I know it's rare and hard to get a hold of, but Nightbane's book Shadows of Light has vampire info, including a variant and more updated info for Vampire Intelligences in an S.D.C. environment. Also, Rifter #49 has variant info for making your own vampires with unique powers, an Age Point system, even Vampire Lords, beings that rival Intelligences but were cursed with their power, not turned so they have powers that rival the vampires of legends!

In my current Century Station game, one player is a Wampyr, so they can work and fit in with other superbeings, they just have a darker tone and enemies is all.
Bob Herzog from KoDT put it best: HOODY HOO! http://www.facebook.com/manyfacesofdave
Her0man0
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Her0man0 »

While i do like the wampyr ive never really taken to the other vampires and intelligences all that much.

The Immortals category in PU2 has an immortal vampire, so does the mega hero in HU2

That being said, a race of vampires would need to have mostly the same powers all around and a way to reproduce but not so much that they take over the world.

Ive had this idea for a two types

the first would be the undead type, HU2 mega with the undead mega power with the vampire getting their ppe from eating raw flesh. their powers would include APS Mist, night stalking and 2 minor powers of choice (or 1 major depending on how powerfull of a game your playing). these guys would reproduce when the victim is killed by feeding but only 1 in 1000 or so turn into a vampire, the others just stay dead, so this would keep their numbers down.

the other type would be a Psychic vampire that would be pale but beautifull. Minor powers of Physical Perfection and or Extraordinary physical beauty, with Extraordinary M.A. or Awe factor along with healing factor, so 3 minor total. otherwise they would have several psychic powers to make them psychic vampires. as far as feeding goes they would feed on ISP and or Hit points by touch. no blood involved. sunlight does no real damage but they are creatures of the night so they get drowsy and a reduction in attributes during the day. maybe nightstalking at night. these guys would reproduce like any other creature as they wouldnt be undead.

these are two vampire ideas i have. with some of the superabilities available it wouldnt be too difficult to make a decent supernatural vampire.
Kovoston
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Kovoston »

DtMK wrote:I know it's rare and hard to get a hold of, but Nightbane's book Shadows of Light has vampire info, including a variant and more updated info for Vampire Intelligences in an S.D.C. environment. Also, Rifter #49 has variant info for making your own vampires with unique powers, an Age Point system, even Vampire Lords, beings that rival Intelligences but were cursed with their power, not turned so they have powers that rival the vampires of legends!

In my current Century Station game, one player is a Wampyr, so they can work and fit in with other superbeings, they just have a darker tone and enemies is all.

Does anyone know if the new Vampire books (Vampire Kingdoms Expanded and Updated and the Vampire Sourcebook due out soon) will include all these variants? That would be cool if they did as I have players that want to play vampires too!
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

There are "vampires" in Villains Unlimited
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Kovoston
Rifter® Contributer

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:There are "vampires" in Villains Unlimited

Yes indeed that's true, I think that they were looking for the "cursed/undead" version and not the "mutant".

Thanks for the reply!
...Now where's that wooden stake!
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

MEGA-HERO
UNDEAD Mega-power/Vulnerabilities.

You can use them as Mutants, Experiments, Mystically Bestowed, Alien, Immortals, Eugenics ... whatever. All depending ont he powers you wish to possess besides the Undead aspect.

HU2 allows you to build a Vampire or Vampire Race to suit your needs much better than the other PB settings.

MEGA-Hero has Undead Vamps option.
Immortals Has Undead Vamp option.
Eugenics has Undead Vamp option.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

I've always liked the Wampyres from Nightbane as appropriate vampires for Heroes Unlimited. Just allow them to create new vampires and you've got some nice vampires without all the alien intelligence and moving water baggage.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Kovoston
Rifter® Contributer

Glistam wrote:I've always liked the Wampyres from Nightbane as appropriate vampires for Heroes Unlimited. Just allow them to create new vampires and you've got some nice vampires without all the alien intelligence and moving water baggage.

I agree (and so do a lot of my players)!
Severus Snape
Hero
Comment: You ought to be careful. People will think you're....up....to something.

Unread post by Severus Snape »

Not to beat a dead robotic horse with a large, sharpened titianium staff.....

I think that vampires do have a place in HU. We've got aliens, super mutants, robots, and every thing else - why not vampires? They add a definite flavor to any campaign with their blood-sucking antics, and can either be fighting for good or evil. The problem is where to get them.

As has been stated, there are a few options to get a vampire into HU:

1. Conversion from Rifts. Not a great option as the vampires in Rifts tend to be a little overpowered for the HU portion of the megaverse. And nobody really likes doing conversions.
2. Eugenics. Not a bad option when you consider that you can pay for the specific abilities a vampire has. This gives you the option of custom-crafting a vampire to the specific world that you play in.
3. MEGA-Hero Undead Option. Makes the vampires a little more powered than the Eugenics version, but then again, vampires are supposed to be legendary creatures of the night.
4. Immortals. I haven't read through this option for immortals, so I'm not all that familiar with it. But it may be an option.

Finally, if there isn't an existing power category or OCC in HU that suits your needs, then by all means draw one up. Come up with the Undead power category that allows for the creation of a vampire, or zombie, or ghost, or whatever else. That's the beauty of the megaverse - if you can't find what you're looking for, just invent it!
DtMK
Hero

Unread post by DtMK »

In Villains Unlimited, the experiment that created Nightwalker and the Minions of the Dark have potential. If you wanted to throw people off, what if this were a mutant who underwent the treatment as well, but was a mutant that had unstable powers growing with age or continuous mutation to have powers that mimic the classical vampires? If the character were a Mega and not necessarily undead, perhaps they could even be night powered, so like the true vampire lore, the character can function during the day and even go out in the sun, but their powers would be reduced.
Bob Herzog from KoDT put it best: HOODY HOO! http://www.facebook.com/manyfacesofdave
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Palladium Fantasy has Vampires in their books. SDC setting. They are basicly the Rifts vampires however.
PBF also has a Curse Vampire by the gods. All the powers of the vamps, no weaknesses. If your "killed" before the curse is removed, you became a normal vampire with weaknesses. Land of the Damned even has a varient vamp undead i belive.
Nightbane has Vampires in its books. SDC setting. Basicly the Rifts version. They just ignored the VI i believe. maybe.
Heroes Unlimited has Several Types of Vampires. Megas, Eugenics, Immortals...You could use them as an Alien Race who inficts people with itself. Though you would have to create the Alien Race yourself.

Lots of Options.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
mastermesh
Wanderer

Unread post by mastermesh »

vampires are in several books... also, if you are in to some interesting ideas, you could borrow from "that other company's" Masquarade books... or maybe just from fiction movies and books... lots of potential. Lots of various types of vampires are out there in the megaverse. However, most of them all need to have their head cut off, have the head and body burned in seperate locations, and then hope they don't have some friend that can get the ashes back together to really get rid of them once and for all. ... and even then, that's just getting rid of the vampire here, not the alien intelligence who can just create a new vampire in the area later.
Kovoston
Rifter® Contributer

Mephisto wrote:The Vampires in Rifter 49 are the best ever, and in my opinion would be great to have in an HU2 campaign, where you don't want to deal with a potential game breaker in a Vampire Intelligence.

Hmmm,
It looks like a lot of people want a good variety in their vampires doesn't it? If this isn't a hint, I don't know what is...
DtMK
Hero

Unread post by DtMK »

If you want a truly frightening threat, take a look at the Lilliamok Vampires in Aliens Unlimited. I've started a discussion about some of their greatest powers going for them!

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”