A question

For the discussion of all things in the Rifter. As well as ideas for the Rifter and so on.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Hound
Wanderer

A question

Unread post by Hound »

Quick question.... actually 2. I have been working on two ideas for Rifter Articles for a while and they are both near completion. My question is.. one is a group of Psychic classes and powers for Chaos Earth, as well as some ideas on how Psi powers affect the survivors. Now that we've got a "Official" teaser for Psychic Storm... should I bother sending in my Article?

Second is.. the other iss an update on Rifts Orbit. Would there be any interest in that?
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Re: A question

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

I think that they are both good ideas.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

rifter material is generally considered "optional", and should be considered seperate from the material from sourcebooks and worldbooks. if the material doesn't match up with said material, no big deal. (it's happened before..the Jannisaries article runs completely counter to canon, as does much of the "coalition edge" article)likewise, a freelancer can decide to write a worldbook or sourcebook later that ignores those articles.

but nothing is ever hurt by submitting.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Hound
Wanderer

Unread post by Hound »

Laux the Ogre wrote:
Hound wrote:Quick question.... actually 2. I have been working on two ideas for Rifter Articles for a while and they are both near completion. My question is.. one is a group of Psychic classes and powers for Chaos Earth, as well as some ideas on how Psi powers affect the survivors. Now that we've got a "Official" teaser for Psychic Storm... should I bother sending in my Article?

Second is.. the other iss an update on Rifts Orbit. Would there be any interest in that?

Screw the Psionics, but an update for the space around Earth would be nice(also, can we get something on Mars that isn't a giant insect?).

Oh I have lots of plans for Orbit that do NOT include giant insects or even Mars- The Asteroid Belt and Mars's moons for starters!

(Especially Phobos and the Dwarf Planet Ceres, and even the Asteroid Vesta)
Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

Unread post by Lord Z »

...and they hate you.

Sorry, I'll try being serious for a moment. If you have already written the CE psychics article, I see no reason why you shouldn't submit it, Hound. Furthermore, if it is something you would like to do, go ahead and write it. The space article probably does, however, stand the better chance of seeing print.

Excuse me, I have to invest a hate crime against giant insects. I have a suspect.
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913
Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

Unread post by Lord Z »

Please, tell us more, Laux.
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

I think both have merit.
"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D

Return to “The Rifter® Forum”