Black Vault Golem

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Khanibal
Hero
Comment: Anything worth killing is worth overkilling.

Black Vault Golem

Unread post by Khanibal »

Your pc groups penetrates the Black Vault. The Shifter casts Summon and Control Entity and orders the Tectonic Entity to build its body out of the artifacts/relics/rune weapons/et c.
Good fun for the whole family.
"Then one day, I was just walking down the street and I heard a voice behind me say, 'Reach for it Mister.', and I spun around and there I was face to face with a six-year-old kid.
Well, I just threw my guns down, walked away. Little bastard shot me in the ass.”

-Waco Kid (Blazing Saddles)
Khanibal
Hero

Re: Black Vault Golem

I reread the book, everything is in a crate. The Tectonic Entity builds it's body of of CRATES of relics/artifacts/rune weapons!
Hah-ha!
"Then one day, I was just walking down the street and I heard a voice behind me say, 'Reach for it Mister.', and I spun around and there I was face to face with a six-year-old kid.
Well, I just threw my guns down, walked away. Little bastard shot me in the ass.”

Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Khanibal wrote:I reread the book, everything is in a crate. The Tectonic Entity builds it's body of of CRATES of relics/artifacts/rune weapons!
Hah-ha!

Okay.

Considering they're all inside the crate, nothing would happen, you'd just be slamming filled crates into them.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Khanibal
Hero

Not MY crate golem. It'd be walking through the dimensional portal.

Balabanto
Champion

Unread post by Balabanto »

Mephisto wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Khanibal wrote:I reread the book, everything is in a crate. The Tectonic Entity builds it's body of of CRATES of relics/artifacts/rune weapons!
Hah-ha!

Okay.

Considering they're all inside the crate, nothing would happen, you'd just be slamming filled crates into them.

Considering they penetrated the Black Vault at all shows that this playing group isn't worried about minor details. :D

The easiest way into the Black Vault is to Trojan Horse it. Build a two story obelisk or Pyramid that's so loaded with PPE it screams. It's only purpose is to store this PPE. Inside the obelisk is either the Group's shifter (If you're lucky enough to have one) or the PC group. Into the Black Vault with them. Open the Pyramid, take all the stuff, lesser teleport it to a hidden cave 50 or 60 miles outside of Chi-Town, then escape. The Coalition has an empty vault and your PC's are very rich.
Khanibal
Hero

Can animate a body usually 5' tall, but on Rifts Earth (due to the high magic) twice as big, 10'.

Khanibal
Hero

My unified Palladium Books theory is this: The authors don't do much/any continuity control for new products.
Take two spells, "Energy Disruption" and "Negate Mechanics" for example. Routinely through several books the author(s) state that they level out the playing field between mages and techno troops, but anyone who has read the spells knows different.
"Negate Mechanics" only affects one system/switch et c. by making it temporarily inoperable. If a SAMAS is flying at you, then you can blind it's optics, but not the infrared/radar/lidar or whatnot. ONE system. You cannot shut off it's thrusters, but you can keep them from turning off. You might be able to stop it from using the manuvering flaps, but that sounds useful so probably not.
"Energy Disrupton" is worse. It does not affect any MDC armor/pa/robot/military vehicle. If you want to shut down a CS Base's washing machine, ok. An Abolisher, no.

Metathiax

Unread post by Metathiax »

Khanibal wrote:My unified Palladium Books theory is this: The authors don't do much/any continuity control for new products.
Take two spells, "Energy Disruption" and "Negate Mechanics" for example. Routinely through several books the author(s) state that they level out the playing field between mages and techno troops, but anyone who has read the spells knows different.
"Negate Mechanics" only affects one system/switch et c. by making it temporarily inoperable. If a SAMAS is flying at you, then you can blind it's optics, but not the infrared/radar/lidar or whatnot. ONE system. You cannot shut off it's thrusters, but you can keep them from turning off. You might be able to stop it from using the manuvering flaps, but that sounds useful so probably not.
"Energy Disrupton" is worse. It does not affect any MDC armor/pa/robot/military vehicle. If you want to shut down a CS Base's washing machine, ok. An Abolisher, no.

Amen I sometimes wonder if the authors have even read or seen some of the other books.
Syndicate
Adventurer

Unread post by Syndicate »

Metathiax wrote:
Khanibal wrote:My unified Palladium Books theory is this: The authors don't do much/any continuity control for new products.

Amen I sometimes wonder if the authors have even read or seen some of the other books.

:lol:
"What began as a gathering, ended as an organization."
Mallak's Place
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Mallak's Place »

Laux the Ogre wrote:
Syndicate wrote:
Metathiax wrote:

:lol:

:lol: :lol:

Want another good laugh, look at the spell ARMORBANE and its effects on M.D.C. armor all for 100 P.P.E.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”