How does the POH work?

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

How does the POH work?

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Hey all,

I was wondering how the POH works? Do you have characters prepared for games. Should we bring our own?

Do I need a passport for the Dark Elf? (he's out of faerie wings) :clown:
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Re: How does the POH work?

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

Most games will have pre-generated characters for you, and yes, if you are coming into the United States from any other country in the world (including just driving over from Canada) you will need a valid passport to get in.

Just the way it is now.
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

Basically the Open House works like this:

Thursday Evening: GAME ON!
Thursday Night: Game at hotel / Sleep
Friday Morning: GAME ON!
Friday Afternoon: GAME ON!
Friday Evening: GAME ON!
Friday Night: Game at hotel / Sleep
Saturday Morning: GAME ON!
Saturday Afternoon: GAME ON!
Saturday Evening: GAME ON!
Saturday Night: Game at hotel / Sleep
Sundary Morning: GAME ON!
Sunday, around noon: Finish gaming.

I've yet to run across a game for which characters weren't provided. Generally, the GM's neither want nor allow folks to bring their own, though you can always ask (be prepared for a no, though). The games are ridiculously awesome, and it's a great chance to try out a mix of your tried-and-true favorites systems, as well as some ones you're new to, run by people with loads of experience and a real love of the game. Every GM has their own style, their own set of tweaks, and their own approach to the table. Be flexible, be open, and be ready to be blown away (rules-lawyers need not apply!). People are very friendly, and Kev & Co. mix things up occasionally with stuff like the Costume Contest, panel talks, or other coolness. Late night at the hotel, if you've got the energy, has had some very cool sessions as well - just be sure to leave enough fuel in the tank for morning, because you don't want to miss out - games usually start at around 9 or 10 AM.

Oh, and as Braden said, yes to the passport if you're coming in from outside the USA. We're delighted to have you, but our borders are less porous for legitimate visitors than in times past :-/
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

The passport was a joke re: my fictional PC. :clown:

TY for the input. Looking forward to it! :-)
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited

Return to “Palladium Open House”