transdimensional physics , NPC Power

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

blade76
Explorer

transdimensional physics , NPC Power

Unread post by blade76 »

Has a NA genius who studied this branch of physics , extremely difficult 12th level character who learnt it at level 10 and uses prodiguous mind to intuit greater pieces of the cosmic puzzle and he has developed an awareness of time space that allows him to manipulate it in limited ways, what do you suggest he be able to do?
Her0man0
Dungeon Crawler

Re: transdimensional physics , NPC Power

Unread post by Her0man0 »

Ive actually been working on a natural genius subclass that sort of goes this route...

im still working out the bugs but its called "The Enlightned Mortal" and basically its a natural genius that specializes in understanding and manipulating the fabric of reality. the characters stunts would be based off of understanding the truth behind events and manipulating them with the mind.

so far in game terms the character is able to roll on special reality understanding skills to do things like negate the effects of powers/magic/psionics that require a saving throw, combat bonuses, physical bonuses that use reality manipulation rather than physical power. stuff like that but still keeping with the same general power level of a natural genius or physical training. personally i love these classes and the whole minor hero idea. i get tired of the mega bad mo fo's that no one can even touch.

i should have the actual class created soon.... personal time allowing.
Yukon
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Yukon »

maybe someone that can make a hole in a wall to step through, because he can make use of the fact that matter is mostly space...
Tyciol wrote:In fact, many of these powers seem pretty useless except for neat ways of thinking of killing civilians.
blade76
Explorer

Unread post by blade76 »

Could you expand on "enlightened mind" and the capabilities of the ability to understand the nature of reality :?

What powers would it convey , what counts as acceptable levels of reality manipulation and will skills known factor into what can be manipulated?
blade76
Explorer

Unread post by blade76 »

Wow!! could you expand on it some more, my own powers are tied to skills such as physics and astrophysics with the enlightened mind deriving abilities from them.I would suggest the character have the ability to understand reality as it applies to disciplines with the one mentioned needing knowledge of physics and math: Advanced.

Other powers can be built around a characters knowledge of certain skills such as principles or lore:magic, chemistry , Advanced physics etc.Other aspects I make use of is applying willpower saves to project effects on reality once concepts are comprehended.i.e by saving against the performance of an effect it can be done.That's my two cents

Thanks for the update , hope you have same more updates soon :wink:
blade76
Explorer

Unread post by blade76 »

I remembered a power from rifter projectile hexing except that this power works like a field around the genius as e sees multiple probabilities and chooses a scenarios to force can't be used for attack but the effects are potentially limitless,what do you think?
blade76
Explorer

Unread post by blade76 »

Any more ideas for reality based manipulation by force of will and genius
blade76
Explorer

Unread post by blade76 »

Any more updates forthcoming, could the abilities include a heightened version of meditation that includes seeing the future,i.e more powerful version of precognition :) I think it would be a good addition to the enlightened mind, what do you think :)
blade76
Explorer

Unread post by blade76 »

I bought a copy of nightbane sourcebook which had the psi-illusionist with a unique take to the power of illusion which involved accepting reality is based on perception and could alter it in limited ways.That would be an excellent power for a trade of 3 unique genius talents to buy.What do you think?
blade76
Explorer

Unread post by blade76 »

The power is called mind over matter and requires extreme saves to use effectively but it can alter reality.Called reality Hacking, using mathematic principle to understand then manipulate time/space
You need Prodiguous Mind, in order to mimic the processing power of a supercomputer and a new discipline

Meta-mathematics: Astrophysics,Math: Advanced, computer hacking , programming are pre-requistes.

What do you think?
blade76
Explorer

Unread post by blade76 »

C'mon guys, Any thoughts on new powers based on what I just wrote?
blade76
Explorer

Unread post by blade76 »

Advanced reality manipulation , what would be it's limits and uses?
blade76
Explorer

Unread post by blade76 »

Any other ideas on what could be added to the "enlightened mind" to make it more efficient.I'm thinking of limiting it to natural geniuses who combine mysticism with science such as with cthulhutech arcane-science.What do you think?
Steeler49er
Hero
Comment: AKA-"Steeler49er"

Steeler49er is to the BOARDS, what C.J. Carella and Jhonen Vasquez are to RPG's & Underground Comics. You know! BIG FAT NUCLEAR DA-BOMBS!"

Unread post by Steeler49er »

Max™ wrote:
Mephisto wrote:I think it would be funny that if someone with an Enlightened Mind would be absolutely terrible at doing "pedestrian" things that we do (such as running, mowing the lawn, etc) because the characters mind is constantly racing with the knowledge of advanced physics and reality manipulation. So the character might not even grasp the concepts of right of way while driving, money, nutrition, etc that seems so obvious to us. Also I think the character would be terrible in combat, but would be pretty strategic.

I run into that problem sometimes when I'm deep in "ponder" mode, though I suspect it's worsened due to mild autism.

I used to get baffled by the simplest things at odd times though.

:eek: MAX-'0153' NO, say it ain't SO!!!
U HaVe "Asperigus" Sin-Drome
:P

Well, that WOULD explain your adavanced cognitive processes and general obsession with trying to explain advanced Quantum field theory, Wave mechaniX, Partical Physics, and The study of Electromagnetohydrothermaldynamics (Mouth full) to us mere-mortals, even though you should know by now that most of us are REALLY just nodding our heads and trying to sound smart by saying things like "Awe yes Max™, I agree with your assessment regarding Condenced matter" or "Yes MAX, but are you Sure Intermediate vector bosons mediate the weak force?" all in an attempt to pretend to know what it is your are actually saying... :lol:
I hear peeps with asperigas syndrome are Always trying to elevate the rest of us onto a higher plain of essentia.

"Yes My King, those ARE the most beautiful clothes I have ever seen!"
01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01000101 01101101 01110000 01100101 01110010 01101111 01110010 00100111 01110011 00100000 01001110 01100101 01110111 00100000 01000011 01101100 01101111 01110100 01101000 01100101 01110011
Image...."SMILE YOU S.O.B"....Image

Problem is I used Placebos "Running Up that Hill" to get Catherine Wheels "Black Metallic" to get Monorals "KIRI" to get Dan Balans "Crazy Loop" out of my head in the first place.
Steeler49er
Hero

Steeler49er is to the BOARDS, what C.J. Carella and Jhonen Vasquez are to RPG's & Underground Comics. You know! BIG FAT NUCLEAR DA-BOMBS!"

blade76 wrote:Any other ideas on what could be added to the "enlightened mind" to make it more efficient.I'm thinking of limiting it to natural geniuses who combine mysticism with science such as with cthulhutech arcane-science.What do you think?

Another route one could take is to go the way of everyones favorite Message Board Aussy and ACE lezbian Super-Robo-Giant-Mecha pilot... "Iczer-1".

He created a power called "Bend Reality" which gave you a number of Bend Reality Points [BRP] or "Reality Checks", as it is called, that the PC can make per day. A suggestion for a cheep and easy "Enlightened Mortal O.P.C. [Occupational Power Class]" is to have it so that the PC
can do anything listed in the power so long as they have "Reality Checks" left, and they succeed a skill roll for it. The BRP of the PC is equal to their [I.Q.] + [M.E.]x10 Plus 3D6 per level. More over is the fact that to get to this power the Pc/Player must gain access to skills that have the prerequisites of:
•Having all of the listed skills at 120%
•Must buy new skills that have those as prerequisite. These new skills start out your new life in the new 'O.P.C.'.
•Must have an IQ and ME each at 20+
•The PC is distracted by the constant haranguing of their own mind and are at +8 to resist social attacks and emotional attacks via mundain skills or powers, however they are also at -0 for all combat rolls (Initative/Strike/Parry/Dodge/etc) psychic saves, and Perception rolls Unless an ME save is made. The player may roll at +3Difficulty to do so and for every point the roll was made by, return +1 to all of the above bonuses untill they reach their maximum. This lasts for a duration equal to the total successes over the target number in melees. At the end of that time the player must roll againor be consumed with distraction (above negatives).
If the PC fails, they Must wait for one melee for every point below the target number they failed by before rerolling. They may still take action, however they will only have the base D20 to roll.

Spoiler:
Bend reality [Major] by Iczer
"Wow... I didn't know I could do that!"

The character has a finite potential to do virtually anything within limits. Within those limits, the character posesses a kind of omnipotence, even if it is a badly neutered one.
1) Extent of power: The character can mimick the use of any major or minor power with the following caveats:
►It must already exist as an ability or sub ability. The character cannot simply declare that everyone of evil alignment is a cow and have it be so.
►No power lasts longer in duration than a single action. the after effects have a regular duration, but any use of a given power ends when the action does.
►All powers deplete the character's physical resources. (See below)
2) Physical resources: the act of chanelling such raw and loosely fettered power takes a toll on both the mind and the body. The character has a number of 'reality checks' Based on his ME+PE x10 and gains 3d6 extra per level. The character recovers these 'reality checks' at a rate of 1 point per minute. When a character runs low (down to his last 10% of reality checks) he becomes fatigued losing half his attacks, and half his speed, skill bonuses and combat bonuses. He remains fatigued until he can rest for at least half an hour.

Problem is I used Placebos "Running Up that Hill" to get Catherine Wheels "Black Metallic" to get Monorals "KIRI" to get Dan Balans "Crazy Loop" out of my head in the first place.
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Steeler49er wrote:
blade76 wrote:Any other ideas on what could be added to the "enlightened mind" to make it more efficient.I'm thinking of limiting it to natural geniuses who combine mysticism with science such as with cthulhutech arcane-science.What do you think?

Another route one could take is to go the way of everyones favorite Message Board Aussy and ACE lezbian Super-Robo-Giant-Mecha pilot... "Iczer-1".

He created a power called "Bend Reality" which gave you a number of Bend Reality Points [BRP] or "Reality Checks", as it is called, that the PC can make per day. A suggestion for a cheep and easy "Enlightened Mortal O.P.C. [Occupational Power Class]" is to have it so that the PC

Wait...when was I a Lesbian? (Lezbian)

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
“Iczer, you are a power generating machine.” - Mr Twist
Steeler49er
Hero

Iczer wrote:
Steeler49er wrote:

Batts
Teh heh heh...
Why in your LAST life of course you silly billy :clown:
Oh and, Correction Iczer-1, That is "an ACE lezbian Super-Robo-Giant-Mecha pilot", not some two-bit half-arsed lesbian.

Steeler49er
Hero

Max™ wrote:Kudos on the pronunciation, ah-spair-gers or ah-spair-gairs is correct, a-spur-gers (burgers) is not.

Yes though, that is where my obsessive urge to work out the physics is derived.

:eek: WHAT!!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
I thought I had spelled it wrong! I screwed up (Darn my obsessive compulsive need to use proper English, even when I was trying not to :-( )

:-o Now what I 'Ment' to say was "Asparagus syndrome"...
I was trying to be Puny and failed yet again... I'm just no good at comedy :nh:

0100100100100111011101100110010100100000010001110100111101010100001000000111010001101111001000000111011101101111011100100110101100100000011011110110111000100000011011010111100100100000011001000110010101101100011010010111011001100101011100100111100100100001

NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Her0man0 wrote:Ive actually been working on a natural genius subclass that sort of goes this route...

im still working out the bugs but its called "The Enlightned Mortal" and basically its a natural genius that specializes in understanding and manipulating the fabric of reality. the characters stunts would be based off of understanding the truth behind events and manipulating them with the mind.

so far in game terms the character is able to roll on special reality understanding skills to do things like negate the effects of powers/magic/psionics that require a saving throw, combat bonuses, physical bonuses that use reality manipulation rather than physical power. stuff like that but still keeping with the same general power level of a natural genius or physical training. personally i love these classes and the whole minor hero idea. i get tired of the mega bad mo fo's that no one can even touch.

i should have the actual class created soon.... personal time allowing.

So about that class?
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Her0man0
Dungeon Crawler

sorry, ive gotten lazy, i mean busy, and havnt been able to finish it yet, you've just lit the fire though, i should have it soon.
Steeler49er
Hero

Well, he Did post that comment back in Aug of 09... He may have forgotten by now about it. Just like i never was able to do that art Rockwolf asked me to draw.
_______________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________He stood looking fixedly at the newest, latest, greatest Subdimensional Gravitic Reality Reversal unit being sold by the Kertax military on their holding planet Kshaw-8. Kshaw being yet another conquered world of theirs which had been "Purged" of its inhabitants and was now a galactic trading post for selling their latest weapons of war. The device add a very charismatic sales... umm, (person?) was breath taking the crowed of Mercinaries and fellow Arms dealers with ease, and surely no more than 10 years ago it would have done the same for Dr. Nomad, but now it was all he could do to but hold back the yawn.

"These fools call That platitudinous tripe that man, creature, is selling them about the SGRRU amazing? Clearly the Kertaxian Military complexe has either become anemic in their inventiviness or, they have taken to parading their dross to the public after a kind dress up while hidding the 'Good stuff' for that new extra-dimension market they are trying to break into. Promethia I think it is called. Now to get into that Kertax military base, where I Know they are keeping the best for last. The best being a stolen QRD-40 stolen from time lord Tarnix."

Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Steeler49er wrote:
Iczer wrote:
Steeler49er wrote:

Batts
Teh heh heh...
Why in your LAST life of course you silly billy :clown:
Oh and, Correction Iczer-1, That is "an ACE lezbian Super-Robo-Giant-Mecha pilot", not some two-bit half-arsed lesbian.

I have never seen it, nor heard of that as an anime.

Iczer was a character. The descendent of villains Freezer and Chiller.

Back in 2002 it was 'Icxer' but when people started asking e how to pronounce it, I changed it to Iczer.

It's never been an anime reference.

The more you know.....

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
“Iczer, you are a power generating machine.” - Mr Twist
Steeler49er
Hero

Eh but, It sure was funny to point that out to you...
Well fer me anywho :-o

I've been waiting fer ever to find the right moment to pull an Iczer-1 joke on you but, after years and years that 'Just the Right Moment' never happened so I just decided that I couldn't hold back anymore. And since I'd realized that 'Bend Reality' was a perfect method for the Enlightened mortal concept, which I know since I'm playing a super with it and it Rocks (I've used it to transmute people into Cheese and to turn guns into peppermint candy-both temp duration), since YOU created this super Fun-fun power I figured that Now was the moment.

OP-and-Bend Reality.
Well, in this case I liked the idea of someone with BR that got the power through a method other than 'Experiment', 'Mutation', Supernatural, or some such... I like seeing what two+ people can do with the same super powers, but that have their origins. This OCC just screamed it out loud.

Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

Her0man0 wrote:Ive actually been working on a natural genius subclass that sort of goes this route...

I should have the actual class created soon.... personal time allowing.

You mean a Temporal Wizard?
There are some canon accounts of people, societies treating magic as a "lost science" with success.
I Don't see why we shoudl treat his any different....
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
Steeler49er
Hero

No he does not mean a temporal wizzard! He ment what he said. He is looking for a "What if a scientist 'Enlightened' and realized how things worked?" kind of sinario. I myself said "Spacial Mage" (The correct Magic class over Temporal Wizzard) but realized that was not what he wanted. You can not always throw the same answer of 'Magic' out for every solution as, in this case, a TempWizz does not work. TempWizz's cast spells that must be known and taught by another TempWizz/Raider/or Warrior, where as the Enlightened learned it all on their own.
Also, TempWizzard spells are Much more powerful and Far more rigid than the intended abilities of an 'Enlightened Mortal' (Patten pndging on name).

In the case of The Spacial Mage' they learn their spells in the perscribed way that the OP was asking for but Again they are too powerful. The E.M. seems to be intended to be weak for the most part and more like a neonate Spacial Mage. Additionally the OP seems to have so far choosen to Not go the rout of a PPE user thus far because of a wish to create something new.

Steeler49er
Hero

Yup, jus lyk wat I sed-cuz :P

blade76
Explorer

Unread post by blade76 »

Steeler49er wrote:No he does not mean a temporal wizzard! He ment what he said. He is looking for a "What if a scientist 'Enlightened' and realized how things worked?" kind of sinario. I myself said "Spacial Mage" (The correct Magic class over Temporal Wizzard) but realized that was not what he wanted. You can not always throw the same answer of 'Magic' out for every solution as, in this case, a TempWizz does not work. TempWizz's cast spells that must be known and taught by another TempWizz/Raider/or Warrior, where as the Enlightened learned it all on their own.
Also, TempWizzard spells are Much more powerful and Far more rigid than the intended abilities of an 'Enlightened Mortal' (Patten pndging on name).

In the case of The Spacial Mage' they learn their spells in the perscribed way that the OP was asking for but Again they are too powerful. The E.M. seems to be intended to be weak for the most part and more like a neonate Spacial Mage. Additionally the OP seems to have so far choosen to Not go the rout of a PPE user thus far because of a wish to create something new.

That is exactly what I mean, a free form understanding of reality which while not as powerful as temporal or spatial magic is more versatile in what it allows individuals to do with it.

Someone posted earlier about spatial senses , I was hoping someone would extrapolate on that, I tend towards munchkin when I work out abilities on my own. Anyone have any ideas?
Her0man0
Dungeon Crawler

Ok guys, so ive been working to finish this nonstop for a week or so and while i wanted it to be like the physical training or the natural genius i think i missed the mark. While it is way more powerfull than either of these classes it just sort of started writing itself. I have and idea for something else that might be closer to a minor hero but in the mean time here you go. The Enlightened Mortal. hope you like
Her0man0
Dungeon Crawler

Enlightened Mortal

The Enlightened Mortal is a character that is in their first lifetime as an enlightened being. These characters generally begin life as an ordinary person with an extraordinary draw toward meditation and enlightenment. Whether this life was actually spent in meditation as some sort of monk or in some other entirely mundane pursuit is left entirely up to the player and GM. Regardless of how the Enlightened Mortals life began, it is a sudden and unmistakable insight into the true nature of reality that changes this character and their life forever.
The truth this character discovers is that all of reality is somehow in the mind of the observer; an illusion, dream, or hologram that they have great, but incomplete, power over. In this characters mind they have ‘woken up’ to being a character in some sort of dream or virtual reality simulation and as such can now control their own fate. This is important because all of the characters abilities hinge on this one belief. That NOTHING is real. The exact nature of this, belief (whether it is a computer simulation or dream) is left up to the player.
Most of these beings spent their entire pre-enlightenment period looking for this truth, though they didn’t know exactly what it was, they knew it was out there somewhere. It usually isn’t until they have researched every religion and spiritual movement that they finally realize that it was never to be found outside of themselves at all. It is at this time that the budding Enlightened Mortal will go off on their own to contemplate the world and their place in it. What returns from this time of solace is not the person that left but someone else entirely.
At the time of this realization the character begins to transform. Reality no longer has the hold that it used to and the characters new abilities illustrate this. Though this time of transformation may take an entire lifetime to complete, more often than not the Enlightened Mortal never actually lives long enough to see it. Post enlightenment; a life without adventure becomes a life not worth living.
Following this characters transformation into an enlightened being, they will soon discover that they will have a much more difficult time relating to people in general. From the point of view of the Enlightened Mortal, people are nothing more than unreal characters in an equally unreal world; poor deluded fools at best and backdrops to their own adventure at worst. Consequently, this character will eventually have difficulty caring much about the woes of others as their empathy goes down the tubes. This will make friends hard to make and harder to keep; especially those from their old lives.
Note: During the first few days or even weeks of this characters realization, telling everyone they meet about the truth behind existence will be their first priority. Sadly, no matter how much a person might believe them they will not gain the abilities of an Enlightened Mortal. It is a special realization that a person must have on his or her own; and timing is everything. It was this characters time in this life and nothing could have brought it any sooner.

Step One: The Usual
Determine the attributes, Hit Points, S.D.C., alignment, skills, and education as usual. This character was an ordinary member of their species before the transformation. The only difference might be found in the characters skills as the research skill would have been developed while researching the various truths of the world. This is optional however.

All Enlightened Mortals Gain the Following Abilities:

- +6 to save vs. H.F., +1D4 per level of experience (By 5th level this character is impervious to Fear and H.F.)
- Reduce the effects of pain and fatigue by ½
- At 5th level the effects of pain and fatigue are now reduced to ¼
- At 10th level the Enlightened Mortal no longer feels pain or fatigue
- Impervious to possession and mind control (automatic save)
- Impervious to Sickness and Disease
- Drugs & toxins are ½ as effective and do ½ damage
- At 5th level the effects and damage are reduced to 1/4th
- At 10th level the enlightened character is impervious to drugs & toxins.
- Heals two times faster than a normal human and doesn’t scar
- At third level the character heals 10 times faster than a normal human
- At 5th level the character heals 1D6 S.D.C./ H.P. per min.
- At 8th level the character heals 2D6 S.D.C./ H.P. per min and will regrow limbs!
- At 10th level the character is able to heal 1D6 S.D.C. per melee round
- Ages 1 year for every 2, average lifespan is now 150+ years +10 years per level
- Needs only 6 hours sleep per night; needs only 4 hours at 5th level
- Only needs half the amount of food and water as ordinary humans
- At 5th level the character only needs 1/4th the amount of food and water
- At 10th level the character no longer needs to eat and drink for nourishment
- Can hold breathe for 5 min per level of experience.
- +5% vs. Coma/Death per level of experience with a max of +50%
- Can leap 10ft high and 20ft across +2ft per level with a running start, half from standing
- Gains +2 attacks per melee round and a +2 bonus to all combat actions.
- +1D6 to M.E. attribute +1 at levels 3,6,8,10,12, and 15 with no cap.
- +2D6 to P.S. which is considered Extraordinary; +1D6 per every other level.
- Raise P.P. to 18; if already above 18 add 1D4 to it.
- Raise P.E. to 18; if already above 18 add 1D4 to it.
- Add 1D4 to P.B. +1 at levels 5,10, and 15.
- Double Spd attribute and add +1D4 per level of experience starting at level 2.
- Now has an A.R. of 10
- Double S.D.C. and add +20 per level of experience starting at level 2.
- New H.P. are P.E. attribute x2 +2D6 per level of experience starting at level 2.

Special Skill: Active Meditation – 50% +5% per level
While waking up to the true nature of reality has caused the Enlightened Mortal’s body and mind to begin changing drastically, this doesn’t mean they are done purposefully working toward the goal of complete freedom. Most of these characters view their awakening as the first step in the real journey and begin pushing to see just how far they can go.
While some may focus their disbelief on their bodies, others may focus it on the world around them, the minds of others, or even seek unity with the unreal world so as to gain complete control. This area of focus will dictate which direction they take in their growth and transformation into a fully Enlightened Immortal being.
Active Meditation allows the Enlightened Mortal to focus their will on one particular aspect of reality so as to gain even more control over it in that moment. Unlike traditional meditation which requires the participant to sit in one spot; this skill allows the character to enter the trancelike state needed while on the move. It is reflected here as a skill to represent the amount of focus needed at any particular moment to actually pull it off.
On a successful roll the character will be able to activate their special focus for 1 minuet per level of experience. At the end of that time another roll will need to be made. If another successful roll is made then the character is able to keep the focus going, if not, the focus was lost and cannot be reattempted for another full minuet. There is no limit as to how many times Active Meditation can be attempted.
As you may have noticed the skill goes above 98% after 10th level, this isn’t a mistake. One of the reasons is that the GM can impose penalties for the difficulty in situations if they deem appropriate. There is always a chance for failure.
The second reason is that once a character reaches 10th level the player will have the option to stop progressing in their current focus and choose another. This second focus will always begin at level one along with the active meditation for it beginning at 50%. Of course weather or not this choice is even available will always be up to the GM.

Special Enlightened Abilities (Choose One)

Focus is on the Body – The Enlightened Mortal focuses on the non-reality of the body in relation to an equally unreal world. This focus provides the character with heightened strength, agility, and endurance.

- +2D4x10 S.D.C. +1D4x10 per level of experience.
- Strength is considered Supernatural.
- Character gains the equivalent of HtoH Expert.
- If the character already knows Expert already then upgrade to Martial Arts.
- An additional +1d4x10 is added to the characters Spd attribute.
- Can jump 40ft high and 80ft across +5 per level with a running start, half from standing
- Gets an additional 2 attacks per melee round and +3 to all combat maneuvers.
- Blunt force attacks do no damage unless it is supernatural strength then damage is ½.
- Stabbing and cutting attacks do ½ damage.
- Energy attacks do ½ damage.
- Can survive up to 30 H.P. +10 Per level of experience H.P. below zero
- Death Blow doesn’t kill; only stuns

Focus is on the Mind – By tapping into the universal mind found within the false reality the character is able to sense everything that is about to happen before it does. To the enlightened character it feels like being in a memory or intense déjà vu where the world seems to be replaying a previous event in slow motion. This allows for unbelievable reaction times and split second movements that defy reality.

While this focus is active the following abilities are available:

- Absolutely NO combat bonuses may be used when attacking, parrying, or dodging the character; straight rolls of the dice only. This includes bonuses from both ancient and modern weapons.
- Character has no penalty to dodge bullets or energy blasts; straight roll of the dice only
- Critical Strike on a natural roll above 10
- Death Blow on a natural roll above 16
- Cannot be surprised or attacked from behind.
- Gains the equivalent of the psychic ability Mind Block without ISP cost.

Penalties: Due to the link to the universal mind, the character loses all emotion and most conscious thought as he copes with the vast amount of data being processed. While this may not seem like a bad thing it does mean that the characters alignment effectively changes to aberrant while in use as only the original goal becomes important. This means that while under the influence of the subconscious the character will most likely murder whoever is in the way and ignore everyone else; this includes innocent bystanders that may need help or be in the wrong place at the wrong time. I’m sure you can see how this can become problematic for good aligned characters.
It is important to note that when role playing this particular ability the character isn’t going to act like himself at all. To everyone, even friends and loved ones, they will appear cold, calculating, and distracted. Whatever the original goal was before activating this ability, it will now be an all-consuming drive that will only be satisfied with completion or death. Though it may seem like an obsession to others, it is actually more like a computer program in that it is all that exists within the characters mind at that time.

Note: If this ability is not turned off after the goal is completed he will begin fulfilling the desires of the individual subconscious mind. While this can be very telling, it can also lead to all kinds of trouble as the character begins acting out their various suppressed needs and desires.

Focus is on the World – This characters meditation has brought the underlying design of the illusionary world to their attention. This underlying design is responsible for the form and behavior of everything. It is the schematic each object or person unconsciously follows when created and maintained. This fundamental part of form is more than just DNA as it is found on the molecular level.
Instead of focusing on their own body, this character has decided to pay particular attention to the design of what lies outside the self; everything else. This focus is different than the others in that it relies on the Active Meditation skill to achieve the desired effect rather than maintain it. Each time the character seeks to manipulate the design he must roll under the Active Mediation skill to pull it off.

The following effects may be achieved through this focus:

Repair – By returning a damaged object or person back to its original design pattern the character can repair damage done to both animate and inanimate objects. When this ability is used it will almost appear as though time is being reversed as the damage begins fixing itself.
- Range: Touch at first level; at tenth level it becomes line of sight.
- The Enlightened Mortal is able to Heal/Repair 4D6 S.D.C. / H.P. +1 per level of experience per successful Active Mediation skill roll. This ability is able to be used once per minuet until level five at which time it can be used once per melee round.
- Limitations: This focus can only be used on others and not on the self. While this ability can be used to regrow organs, limbs, or machine parts, it is very difficult and carries with it a skill penalty of -20% per use in this way.
Damage – The Enlightened Mortal is able to cause damage to both animate and inanimate objects by rearranging the matter attached to a design pattern. This attack will appear as sudden ugly wounds in living beings or dents, rips, or tears in inanimate objects. Due to the nature of this attack victims of it will heal its damage at double the usual rate.
- Range: Touch only. Use HtoH attack bonuses to see if touch is successful. A ranged attack can be attempted but the range is only 5ft, is +2 to strike, and has a -20% skill penalty to pull it off.
- Damage: 1D6 S.D.C./ H.P. damage can be inflicted per every other level of experience. Note: This attack will penetrate any A.R. and inflict damage to any type of structure/being. This includes beings that are normally invulnerable such as werewolves, vampires, energy beings, and characters with the Invulnerability super ability.

- Limitations: This ability can only be used on what can be seen with the naked eye. This means that the character could not scramble someone’s brain or heart unless it was already visible. This also goes for body armor, unless some part of the person is visible only the armor can be damaged.

Control Effect – By tapping into the design pattern behind a particular effect, the Enlightened Mortal is able to negate or strengthen it. In this instance effects are meant to represent any powers or tech that cause more than straight damage. Examples of this would be abilities that slow down or speed up time, increase or decrease weight or gravity, or that push, pull, or lift in any way. Also gases, radiation, and intense heat or cold would also qualify as a particular effect that could be manipulated by this ability.
This ability works by temporarily boosting, reducing, or otherwise negating the underlying design that is causing the effect. This allows the character to walk through a gravity field unaffected, breath in the midst of tear gas, or even break through a force field!

Increase Effect – With a successful roll of the Active Meditation skill the Enlightened Mortal is able to increase the effectiveness of an effect. This allows the character to increase healing abilities, increase the S.D.C. of force fields, or even increase the weight allowances for gravity manipulation and magnetism.

Effects: All effects are increased at the same time; damage, range, and duration. The increase is +50% at first level, +100% at fifth level, and +150% at 10th level.
Range: Self or others by touch only.
Duration: 1 minuet per successful skill roll.
Limitations: This ability can only be used on effects that have a duration longer than an instant as these will have already occurred before this character has had a chance to react. Also, this ability can only be used by touch. This means that the character can increase the S.D.C. of a force field only if he is able to touch it or the person creating it.

Reduce Effect – This ability allows the character to reduce the effects on others. By touching another person the Enlightened Mortal can lighten the burden of an abilities effect on them.

Effects: Through touch the effects on a comrade can be reduced by as much as 50% at first level, 75% at fifth level, and completely negated by 10th level. All effects are reduced at the same time; damage, duration, and range.
Range: Touch only.
Limitations: This ability can only be used on effects that have a duration longer than an instant as these will have already occurred before this character has had a chance to react.

Negate Effect – This allows the Enlightened Mortal to negate all the effects of abilities or tech on himself only.
Effects: All the effects that are touched by the Enlightened Mortal may be negated. This includes gases, artificial gravity, extreme heat (but not fire), extreme cold, and the like.
Range: Touch only
Limitations: : This ability can only be used on effects that have a duration longer than an instant as these will have already occurred before this character has had a chance to react. Also, force fields and the material emitted from matter expulsion abilities can be negated at a rate of 10 S.D.C. per successful roll per level of experience. In the case of force fields the S.D.C. loss does not classify as damage. Instead it will go back into the opponent’s pool of available S.D.C. for that ability.

Sight – [/b]By really looking at the design pattern, the Enlightened Mortal is able to see integral parts of what makes up both people and objects. The following things can be seen with a successful Active Meditation roll.

On a Person – Alignment, basic motivations (money, safety, helping others, etc.), weather there are any special abilities present and weather they are psychic, magical, or other; but not what the abilities actually are, human, not human, or supernatural creature, and strengths or weaknesses (silver, energy, radiation, etc.)

On an Object – What it is used for (if anything), what materials it is made out of, how old it is, structural integrity (week, solid, etc.), possible weak points, if it is magical or not, and general program if a computer.
Range: Line of sight
Limitations: Must be able to see person or object in person (not on a monitor or on T.V.).

[b]Other Stuff

Hand to Hand Combat: Combat Skills are not automatic. They must be selected as a learned skill.
Attacks Per Melee: As with all super beings, Enlightened Mortals start with two attacks per melee round before the transformation.
Weapons and Armor: Unless the character is extremely wealthy, only conventional weaponry and armor will be available.
Alignment: Any alignment can be selected but Enlightened Mortals tend to gravitate toward Unprincipled, Anarchist, or Aberrant alignments.
Structural Damage Capacity (S.D.C.): Before their realization the Enlightened Mortal started with a base S.D.C. of 30 before adding physical skills.
Available Financial Resources: Whatever the character had before the transformation. This will usually be around 4D4x100 in on hand cash with a car and small (1D4x1000) in savings. Of course, after the realization this character will be loath to work a 9-5 job so funds could be tight.
Her0man0
Dungeon Crawler

do we really want to get into a debate as to what enlightenment may or may not be?

(and i do know what a solipsist is btw)
blade76
Explorer

Unread post by blade76 »

Max™ wrote:
Following this characters transformation into an enlightened being, they will soon discover that they will have a much more difficult time relating to people in general. From the point of view of the Enlightened Mortal, people are nothing more than unreal characters in an equally unreal world; poor deluded fools at best and backdrops to their own adventure at worst. Consequently, this character will eventually have difficulty caring much about the woes of others as their empathy goes down the tubes. This will make friends hard to make and harder to keep; especially those from their old lives.

Why wouldn't the characters and stories matter any longer?

I lack empathy, but I still love people and find them interesting, just as I do other animals.

The purpose is not the act, it is a consequence of the act. Nor is a journey merely about the destination.

Great work !! Focus on the body is the most fleshed of the focuses, more than the rest .Could you expand the abilities of the focus of the mind and world , to be comparable to that of focus of the body, to make for a more balanced option.

Some ideas for other abilities the mind

By tapping the universal mind , maybe gain telepathic powers, languages e.t.c sixth sense e.t.c

Focus on the world the ability to manipulate as well as negate effects i.e shape forcefields, alter properties e.t.c.The character can't create these effects but can control them.These should balance the class.

Just suggestions I have
Her0man0
Dungeon Crawler

Max™ wrote:

I lack empathy, but I still love people and find them interesting, just as I do other animals.

The purpose is not the act, it is a consequence of the act. Nor is a journey merely about the destination.

The idea was that the sorrows of the world are only real because the person thinks they are real. you dont worry about the feelings and woes of the other players you might encounter when playing Halo or modern warfare do you? its supposed to be alot like that.
Her0man0
Dungeon Crawler

blade76 wrote:
Max™ wrote:

Great work !! Focus on the body is the most fleshed of the focuses, more than the rest .Could you expand the abilities of the focus of the mind and world , to be comparable to that of focus of the body, to make for a more balanced option.

Some ideas for other abilities the mind

By tapping the universal mind , maybe gain telepathic powers, languages e.t.c sixth sense e.t.c

Focus on the world the ability to manipulate as well as negate effects i.e shape forcefields, alter properties e.t.c.The character can't create these effects but can control them.These should balance the class.

Just suggestions I have

Thanks again. as i said in the email, thanks for the suggestions and ill see what i can do. hope to have some more time to work on it again soon.
Her0man0
Dungeon Crawler

I think the only people who know anything about it would be the enlightened and even if they shouted it from the rooftops we wouldnt understand because we would have to be enlightened to get it.

that being said...

I was going for a kind of matrix meets Buddha (world is an illusion) kind of feel. These seem to be some of the prevailing themes of enlightenment that i was able to combine numbers and ideas.
Her0man0
Dungeon Crawler

but isnt that the big question...

to the enlightened we're all supposed to be insane

to us the enlightened would be deemed insane

or so Ive read

and to Max,

didnt Buddha say that life is pain and that it is maya (illusion)

isnt that the whole Buddhist thing, the world is maya
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

Ninjapuppy wrote:I wouldn't know what to call it, but how about this:

The ability to instantly identify Scaler Qauntities and use them to formulate Vector Quantities. Quite simply put, the character can look at any object and tell it's Mass, and Dimensions ( Hieght, Width, Length), Or any part of an object, Including the parts that make it up! This also includes the measured distances between objects realitive to the character or any points between two objects ( The character who looks at an airplane in the sky will know how High it is flying, and how far it is from them). The individual can then use that information to calculate any Vector Quantity, that being Velocity, Acceleration, Drag, Or any other vector value ( He/she will know how fast a car is traveling, and how much energy the car will have if it were to collide with something, E=mc2)! , and how much time it will take the objects to move from point to point.

The characters intuitive sense allows them to formulate precise movements to interact with the world. While not any more Agile, than the average individual, they can mover through space and time, effortlessly, without seeming to exspend any energy. Provides the following bonuses:

+6 Initiative
+2 Attacks
+2 Strike ( Includes all Ranged combat)
+2 Parry
+2 Dodge
+6 Roll
+5 Damage
Dodging does not cost the character an attack!
+ 20% to any Mechanical and Electrical Skills
+ 15% to any Physical Skills
+ 10% To skills related to dexterity ( Pick Locks, Palming, Painting, Pilot auto, etc...)
The exacting movements of the individual allow them to accomplish tasks in 1/4 the amount of time.
Magic and Psionic Illusionary powers will not work on the character. The character will see through them and there is not need to save. As they are not a part of the fabric of reality.

There, that's all for now.

This made me think of that nerdy little chicken from the Foghorn Leghorn Looney Toons cartoons. Where he would look at a boulder, find it's weakest point and shatter it with a single tap. Does this apply to that?
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
rbm10101
Wanderer

Unread post by rbm10101 »

This makes me think of Dr manhantan or the magic casting ley line thing in chaos earth book of magic
AlanGunhouse
Champion

Unread post by AlanGunhouse »

blade76 wrote:The power is called mind over matter and requires extreme saves to use effectively but it can alter reality.Called reality Hacking, using mathematic principle to understand then manipulate time/space
You need Prodiguous Mind, in order to mimic the processing power of a supercomputer and a new discipline

Meta-mathematics: Astrophysics,Math: Advanced, computer hacking , programming are pre-requistes.

What do you think?

I think you need to read the Necroscope series by Brian Lumley. The Main characters of the series use a similar effect to teleport themselves anywhere on the planet...and one of the characters out of the books took the power farther still and used to for time travel and to travel between dimensions. Two of them, working together, were able to change the axis of rotation of a planet.
Kovoston
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Kovoston »

You may get the odd player that says that Enlightenment is different for different people... And they would be (somewhat) right.
Kovoston
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Kovoston »

rbm10101 wrote:This makes me think of Dr manhantan or the magic casting ley line thing in chaos earth book of magic

Or Mage the Awakening from another game sytem?
AlanGunhouse
Champion

Unread post by AlanGunhouse »

Max™ wrote:Ah, nice, someone else who read those, I only read up to like Bloodwars I think, I liked 1 2 and 3 the most.

I may have lost track of how many there are in the series now...but there are quite a few. They went back and put in 2 books in the place between books 2 and 3...then they added a few books (4 I think) with an unrelated Necroscope in them (well 2 of them in fact, 1 in 3 books, one in just one). So that is 7 book of Harry, 3 books of Nathan, 3 books of Jake, and 1 book of the one whose name I forget just now...14 books in all I have read.
blade76
Explorer

Unread post by blade76 »

Anyone want to properly stat metamathematics, and it's applications , I tend to have problems with balance.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”