Modern Recon Character MOS?

1'st edition, Deluxe Revised. Military strategies are the thing to discuss here. Oh yeah and how much damage that land mine will do.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Should RECON be reborn as an N&SS Supplement?

Please, and do it SOON!
35%
Yes
18%
No
29%
You need to rethink your actions, idiot!
18%

Total votes: 17

Beatmeclever
Adventurer

Modern Recon Character MOS?

Unread post by Beatmeclever »

So, I have been putting together a Special Operator OCC for N&SS. I'll be putting it on that forum soon, but I was just wondering what was thought about making RECON an N&SS supplement?
"The impossibility of the world lies in the fact that it has no equivalent anywhere;it cannot be exchanged for anything. The uncertainty of thought lies in the fact that it cannot be exchanged either for truth or for reality. Is it thought which tips the world over into uncertainty, or the other way around? This in itself is part of the uncertainty." - J. Baudrillard
sasha
Adventurer

Re: Modern Recon Character MOS?

Unread post by sasha »

No. RECON is RECON. :badbad:

Call it Modern Combat, call it Playing Army. I don't care, just, please, don't call it RECON.

:-D
Mercalocalypse
Wanderer
Comment: "Viva la Infidel!"

Unread post by Mercalocalypse »

Seriously three votes? LOL
I think it makes sense to incorporate the two books. I really want to see somethin new for N&S. I am an old time player and GM of both games. The old books are still there if you dont like the new ones but......change is good.
If you wish peace, prepare for war.
Desert Rat
Wanderer

Unread post by Desert Rat »

While I am a big N&SS fan, I think Recon should be left alone.

Regarding a SOF OCC in N&SS, there are too many variables between the different SOF units to lump them under one. For your amusement, here is my US Special Forces (Green Beret) OCC:

Basic Military
Military Etiquette (+10%)
NBC Warfare (+10%)
Camouflage (+5%)
First Aid (+10%)
Climbing
Demolitions (+5%)
Demolitions Disposal (+5%)
Read Sensory Equipment (+5%)
Running
W.P. Assault Rifle
W.P. Grenade Throwing

Special Forces Training
Camouflage (+10%)
Detect Ambush (+15%)
Detect Concealment (+15%)
Fasting
Field Surgery (+5%)
Land Navigation (+15%)
Tracking (+10%)
Trap Construction (+10%)
Trap/Mine Detection (+5%)
Wilderness Survival (+15%)
Parachuting: Static Line (+15%)
Prowl (+10%)
Choose One (1) Language (+10%)
Choose One (1) Physical
Choose Two (2) Weapon Proficiencies

MOS Phase
18B Special Forces Weapon Sergeant
Armorer (+15%)
Optic Systems (+10%)
5 W.P.

18C Special Forces Engineer Sergeant
Carpenter/Construction (+15%)
Fortifications (+20%)
Demolitions (+20%)
Demolitions Disposal (+15%)
Basic Electronics (+5%)
Basic Mechanics (+10%)
Trap Construction (+15%)
Trap/Mine Detection (+20%)

18D Special Forces Medical Sergeant
Biology (+10%)
Field Surgery (+25%)
Medical Doctor (+15%)
Paramedic (+20%)
Pathology (+10%)
Pharmacology (+5%)
Read Sensory Equipment (+10%)

18E Special Forces Communication Sergeant
Radio: Basic Communications (+20%)
Radio: Scramblers (+15%)
Radio: Satellite Relay (+10%)
Cryptography (+15%)
Basic Electronics (+10%)
Computer Operations (+10%)

Select Specialty School (Select 1D4/2)

SOTIC: Special Operations Target Interdiction Course (Sniper School)
Sniper (with an additional bonus of +1 to Strike)
Optic Systems (+15%)
W.P. Rifle

SFARTEC: Special Forces Advanced Reconnaissance Target Exploitation Course (CQB Course)
W.P. Pistol
W.P. Assault Rifle
W.P. Sub-Machinegun
Boxing

CDQC: Combat Diver Qualification Course (SCUBA School)
Swimming (+20%)
Advanced Swimming (+20%)
Underwater Navigation (+15%)
Pilot Small Watercraft (+5%)

MFF: Military Free Fall (HALO/HAHO)
Parachuting, Military Free Fall (+15%)
Arial Navigation (+15%)

18F: Special Forces Intelligence Sergeant
Military Intelligence (+12%)
Data Storage Technologies (+10%) Updates Microfilm/Microfiche/Microdot Technology
Computer Operations (+10%)

Choose One (1) Espionage or Military Skill Program and One (1) General Skill Program

18A (Special Forces Officer) would NOT take a MOS and would NOT take any specialty schools. Replace with Advanced Infantry Skill Program. Sorry, everyone who has never been in the Military always think being an Officer is the way to go, but the sad truth is they spend half their life behind a desk. RARELY, they may get a shot at one of the Specialty Schools. 33% chance of MFF or CDQC and 10% chance for SOTIC or SFARTEC.

180A (Special Forces Warrant Officers) go through the same pipeline but get no further skills for ascension (promotion) to Warrant Officer. If you don't like that, you could always allow the skill Writing (+5%).

New skills taken from Rifter #25.
Mercalocalypse
Wanderer

Wow Desert Rat that is the best 18 series OCC I have ever seen. If you have one for SFOD-D or DEVGRU can you shoot me PM?
On the subject of the games, guys there has been nothing new in a long, long time. Companies have to update/change products to stay afloat.
Natasha
Champion
Comment: Doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication.

Unread post by Natasha »

Mercalocalypse wrote:On the subject of the games, guys there has been nothing new in a long, long time. Companies have to update/change products to stay afloat.

Some borders should be sacrosanct. :-)

For me I don't think it needs update; Advanced RECON was a great addition and update, but I'm not sure anything else is necessary. As a game, RECON is rock solid, and the rules are simple but quite useful in a lot of playstyles from grunts in Nam to SWAT officers arresting a drug dealer to any operation involving guns, really. :)

I agree with Sasha - if you want to add into Ninjas and Superspies such a bulk of material, that's awesome (looks like a really fun game though I never have the chance to play it) as that game will obviously benefit, but don't change RECON in the process because I don't think it would benefit from going megaversal or even semi-megaversal.
Mercalocalypse
Wanderer

I really dont see the big deal other than people being sentimental. If a GM is familiar with the Megaverse but wants to run Recon he has to learn the rules. It could bring a whole new crowd to the game.
Natasha
Champion

Unread post by Natasha »

Mercalocalypse wrote:I really dont see the big deal other than people being sentimental. If a GM is familiar with the Megaverse but wants to run Recon he has to learn the rules. It could bring a whole new crowd to the game.

Perhaps I'm not understanding the value of converting RECON to the megaversal rules, when you have TMNT, SF, BtS, and N&S already quite capable of running a modern combat game. More or less they already are modern combat games. As a result, plug the material into those games, and go crazy. I played the hell out of TMNT and BtS, sometimes with a very gritty modern combat theme, so I welcome the rejuvenation of those games but I don't see how sapping RECON of everything that makes it RECON is the way to go.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

The plans have long been in the works for a megaversal compatible recon stand alone (my 1980's vintage copy indicates a new version coming within 6 months) but the game seems to be cursed to never getting finsihed.

In all honesty, if a Recon Modern Combat or some form of megaversal incarnation were to occur, I think it has better odds of appearing as a module for N&Ss or HU than as a stand alone.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

I really believe the "Warpath" is the reborn "Modern Recon" that we were promised a few years ago. But this is just my opinion.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Mercalocalypse
Wanderer

I would love to see some modern combat game released. We have seen other companies 2nd, 3rd and 4th.....etc us to death and Palladium generally doesnt do that. But I stand by my sentiment that change is good.
Natasha
Champion

Unread post by Natasha »

Mercalocalypse wrote:But I stand by my sentiment that change is good.

Fair enough.

I'd agree with you, too, except that change for the sake of change is not necessarily good.

And in this case it seems bad.

But if it can be more fully explained why it's good, then I could change my mind.
Mercalocalypse
Wanderer

I guess what my point is that Recon has a following and to have a new game would be good marketing to bring that crowd on board. I see the point of if its not broke dont fix it, but I think there are things that need fixing. I really just want a new SDC modern game. LOL
Natasha
Champion

Unread post by Natasha »

Mercalocalypse wrote:I guess what my point is that Recon has a following and to have a new game would be good marketing to bring that crowd on board. I see the point of if its not broke dont fix it, but I think there are things that need fixing. I really just want a new SDC modern game. LOL

Fair enough.
I could dig one, too.
Beatmeclever
Adventurer

Unread post by Beatmeclever »

My biggest problem is that I have wanted to play GI JOE with RECON, but found that characters died too easily. I started working with N&SS and found that worked a little better, but really I'd love to have a hybrid system of some kind.
"The impossibility of the world lies in the fact that it has no equivalent anywhere;it cannot be exchanged for anything. The uncertainty of thought lies in the fact that it cannot be exchanged either for truth or for reality. Is it thought which tips the world over into uncertainty, or the other way around? This in itself is part of the uncertainty." - J. Baudrillard
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

I know several people who'd want to play that sort of game too. I know these people are going to see the movie too.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Mercalocalypse
Wanderer

[quote="Desert Rat"]SFARTEC: Special Forces Advanced Reconnaissance Target Exploitation Course (CQB Course)
W.P. Pistol
W.P. Assault Rifle
W.P. Sub-Machinegun
Boxing quote]

Couple questions here:
Ive heard of this course but no details. Doesnt it cover alot of urban stuff and breaching techniques, and concentrate on A-team?
Wouldnt it be better to list W.P.s that they get withinn the program?

Im not sharpshooting I would just like to here why you did it this way.

Thanks,
Merc
Natasha
Champion

Unread post by Natasha »

I just looked closer. It's also giving you assault rifle twice.
Is Boxing just for the extra APM?
Desert Rat
Wanderer

SFARTEC is a Close Quarters Battle (CQB) school which covers the Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTP's) involved in short range combat, urban combat being one of those scenarios. The other major scenario covered is linear targets, i.e. trains, buses and airplanes. Being that it's focus is on short range combat, there is a substantial emphasis on close range weapons and Hand-to-Hand combat, HTH being taught or part of the scenarios on a daily basis. Thus the Boxing skill.

Special Forces soldiers selected to attend the course will have to qualify Expert with the M9 pistol to gain entry and will be required to maintain a high degree of proficiency throughout the course. Students are allowed one (1) missed target, a flier, throughout the course. Have a second flier and the student is relieved from the course.

Demolitions is taught, but limited to breaching charges such as flex-linear charges, water impulse charges and the like. It is NOT of sufficient level to qualify for a skill in Demolitions.

Regarding the redundant W.P. Assault Rifle, this is a house rule. While the "book rules" state not compounding bonuses, I allow them for WP's. My thought process is that there needs to be some way to differentiate between those characters which have attended courses over and over which emphasis pistol training (Espionage OCC's) and those which have spent a decade focused upon military weapons (Military OCC's). I just do not see a justification that a Private Eye can be of the same skill level with an Assault Rifle as a highly trained Commando. That being said, a PC may not compound WP's from the same skill program. As in the case above, the 18B could not take all 5 WP's as Assault Rifle for a +5. He could take one in Basic Training, one in Special Forces Training, one in 18B MOS training and one in SFARTEC for a +4 to express his extensive training in the one weapon system.

I am not sure what you mean by focusing on the A-Team. SFARTEC teaches CQB skills on the individual soldier level. What you may be confused about is SFAUC, Special Forces Advanced Urban Combat, which is a CQB training event conducted at the Special Forces Group level, as opposed to the school house (USAJFKSWC), which focuses on ODA SOP's within a CQB environment and culminates in a company level mission.
Desert Rat
Wanderer

The question was asked if I had anything for SFOD-D and/or DEVGRP. For those who do not know, SFOD-D is Special Forces Operational Detachment Delta aka Delta Force which is now known as CAG, Combat Applications Group. DEVGRP is the Special Warfare Development Group which was formerly known as Seal Team Six. While I will not get into explaining here the intricacies of Command Levels, suffice to say both units are Strategic Assets which conduct broad range of operations, but are most known for their expertise in the CQB environment.

As such, soldiers are highly trained in a broad range of skills which may be necessary within enemy controlled territory. One of my favorites is the CIA's Special Activities Staff aka Military Special Projects. This is the Skill Program I created and would generally fit all three units.

Operator Training Course (OTC)
Armorer (+5%)
Demolitions (+10%)
Demolitions Disposal (+10%)
Paramedic (+5%)
Radio: Basic Communications (+5%)
Radio: Scramblers (+5%)
Desert Survival (+5%)
Parachuting, Static Line and Military Free Fall (+15%)
Choose One (1) Physical
W.P. Knife (Considered a Weapon Kata)
W.P. Pistol
Pilot Automobile (+6%)
Pilot Off-Road Vehicles (+6%)
Motorcycle (+10%)
Offensive Driving (+10%)
Truck (+6%)
Choose One (1) Pilot or Pilot Related Skill (+6%)

There are a few things to point out. It is essentially a cross-training in all relevant Special Operations skill sets (Weapons, Demo, Medical and Commo). The W.P. Knife as a Weapon Kata is by most definitions exceeding what most desire as game balance, but this is what you get when you start dealing with warriors on this level. Something akin of the movie "Hunted". That being said, this is NOT a skill program available to anyone with a access to a Military Skill Program. Soldiers of this quality are limited in number and probably should have some form of attribute requirement representative of IQ, ME, PS and PE. Characters should have an appropriate Skill Program background that would logically lead them to this level. Therefore, no Wandering Free Agent is going to have OTC Skill Program. My requirements are the character MUST be a Military OCC, have Basic Training Skill Program, a basic military Skill Program representative of his "MOS" and/or preferably some form of Special Operations Skill Program prior to selecting OTC. A good example would be the above Special Forces OCC with OTC taken as the one free Military/Espionage Skill Program.

A SEAL in DEVGRP would have Basic Military Training, a MOS Skill Program (N&SS or Rifter 25), Special Forces Training (Rifter 25), and OTC.
Desert Rat
Wanderer

While I am on it, here is another one.

USAF PJ's

Basic Military
Military Etiquette (+10%)
NBC Warfare (+10%)
Camouflage (+5%)
First Aid (+10%)
Climbing
Demolitions (+5%)
Demolitions Disposal (+5%)
Read Sensory Equipment (+5%)
Running
W.P. Assault Rifle
W.P. Grenade Throwing

Para-Rescue Training
Detect Ambush (+5%)
Detect Concealment (+5%)
Land Navigation (+15%)
Tracking (+10%)
Wilderness Survival (+15%)
Desert Survival (+10%)
Mountaineering (+10%)
Parachuting: Static Line (+15%)
Choose One (1) Physical

Medical Training
Biology (+10%)
Field Surgery (+25%)
Medical Doctor (+15%)
Paramedic (+20%)
Pathology (+10%)
Pharmacology (+5%)
Read Sensory Equipment (+10%)
Choose One (1) W.P.

Specialty School's

CDQC:
Swimming (+20%)
Advanced Swimming (+20%)
Underwater Navigation (+15%)

HALO:
Parachuting, Military Free Fall (+15%)
Ariel Navigation (+15%)

Choose One (1) Military or Espionage Skill Program AND one (1) Basic Skill Program
Mercalocalypse
Wanderer

Thanks for clearing that up DesertRat, my info came from a friend that I deployed with many moons ago.
slade the sniper
Hero

Unread post by slade the sniper »

Originally posted in the ROBOTECH area as additional MOS's for that game, but may find some traction here:

Based off the new consolidated MOS's for the US Army. Most other militaries are similar.

-STS

MOS CHARTS

ENLISTED PERSONNEL
Basic training:
+1 to PE or PS
Military Etiquette
Military History
W.P. Rifle or Pistol
Land Navigation or Swimming
Housekeeping
First Aid
Hand to Hand: Basic

Special Categories:
“Special Duty” – Anything not covered below
Pick any 3 skills with a +10% bonus

Command Sergeant Major – yes it is its own MOS, this is an E-9 (must be 9th level)
Intimidate +10%
Leadership +10%

Senior Sergeant - Each MOS has one, this is an E-8, (must be 8th level)
Administration +10%
Intimidate +5%

Advanced Individual Training:
Generally provides 3 skills or up to a +30% bonus to a single skill.

Unit Type
Depending on the Type of Unit the soldier will go to they will usually get one of the following skills:
Airborne Unit - Parachutist
Air Assault Unit - Rappel
Amphibious Unit - Swim
Mountain Unit - Wilderness Survival
Mechanized/Motorized - Drive (vehicle type)
etc...

Unit Quality
The quality of a unit will affect the quality of training that they get while there, and sometimes even before:
Poor = -10% to two skills
Below Average = -5% to one skill
Average = No change
Good Reputation = +5% to one skill
Excellent Reputation = +10% to two skills
Recognized Elite = Add two skills AND +10% to two skills to represent the additional training that the unit insists upon.

Light Infantry
Forced March
WP machineguns
Prowl

Infantry Scout (usually must be 3rd level)
Prowl +10%
Land Navigation +10%
Forced March +10%

Mortarman (by type)
WP Mortar
Land Navigation
Forced March

Combat Engineer
Demolitions
Obstacle Breaching
Military Construction

Bridge Crewmember
Build Bridge +30%

Diver – Engineering
Diving +30%

Quarrying Specialist
Demolition +10%
Quarrying

Plumber
Plumbing +30%

Firefighter
Firefighting +10%
Climbing

Construction Engineer
Carpentry
Masonry
Roofing

Electrician
Electrical Engineering

Geospatial Engineer
Cartography +10%
Map Reading +20%

Paralegal Specialist
Law

Cannon Crewmember (by type)
WP Heavy or Rocket or Missile
Drive (by vehicle type)
Fire Support

Tactical Automated Fire Control Systems Specialist
Use Computer +10%
Fire Support

Cannon Fire Direction Specialist
Fire Support +10%
Navigation +10%

Fire Support Specialist
Fire Support +30%

Artillery Radar Operator (by type)
Read Sensory Equipment +20%

Artillery Surveyor
Land Navigation +30%

Artillery Meteorological crew
Meteorology

Long Range Air Defense Operator (by type)
WP Heavy +1 (Surface to Air Missile)

Air Defense Systems operator
WP Heavy
Drive (by vehicle type)

Short Range Air Defense Operator (by type)
WP Heavy (surface to air missile)
Forced March

Aviation Specialists: Each of the following is both an MOS and a skill (at +30%)
Aircraft Powerplant repairer
Aircraft Powertrain repairer
Aircraft Electrician
Aircraft Structural repairer
Aircraft Pneudraulics repairer
Aircraft Avionics repair
Aviation Operations specialist
Air Traffic Control operator
Repairer (by aircraft type)
Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Operator (by type…tactical for enlisted)
Aircraft Armaments repairer

Special Forces Weapons Sergeant (must be 5th level or higher)
+1 to strike w/ three WP’s

Special Forces Engineer Sergeant (must be 5th level or higher)
+25% to any engineering skill
+30% to Demolitions

Special Forces Medical Sergeant (must be 5th level or higher)
First Aid +50%

Special Forces Communications Sergeant (must be 5th level or higher)
+40% to any Communication skill

Special Forces Ops and Intel Sergeant (must be 7th level or higher)
Military Intelligence +40%

Cavalry Scout
Drive (by vehicle type)
Prowl
Surveillance

Armored Crewman (by type)
WP Heavy +1
Drive (by vehicle type)

Each of the following is both an MOS and a skill (at +30%)
Information Technology Specialist
Radio Operator/Maintainer
Electromagnetic Spectrum Manager
Network Switching Systems Operator Maintainer
Cable Systems Installer/Maintainer
Multimedia Illustrator
Nodal Network Systems Operator/Maintainer
Microwave Systems Operator/Maintainer
Multichannel Transmission Systems Operator/Maintainer
Visual Information Equipment Operator/Maintainer
Satellite Communications Systems Operator/Maintainer
Satellite/Microwave systems chief (must be 5th level)
Signal Support systems specialist
Combat Documentation Production specialist
Telecommunications Operations Chief (must be 5th level)
Visual Information Operations Chief (must be 5th level)

Electronic Warfare Specialist
Electronic Warfare +30%

Military Policeman
WP Pistol
WP Baton
Intimidate

Military Investigator (must be 5th level)
Investigate +10%
WP Pistol

Intelligence Analyst
Military Intelligence +10%

Imagery Analyst
Military Intelligence
Map Reading +10%

Computer Analyst
Computer Use +10%
Computer Hacking +10%

Counter Intelligence Agent
Investigate
WP Pistol
Disguise

Interrogator
Interrogate +30%
OR
Interrogate +20%
And language (choose one) +0%

Electronic Intelligence
Electronic Intelligence

Military Intelligence Systems Repairer (for all of their “special” systems)
MI Systems Repairer +10%
Financial Management Technician
Accounting +10%

Psychological Operations Specialist
Psychological Operations

Civil Affairs Specialist
Civil Military Operations

Human Resources Specialist
Management +10%

Human Resources Information Systems Management Specialist
Use Computer
Management

Bandmember
Any Instrument or Singing +10%

Public Affairs Specialist
Writing
Photography

Public Affairs Broadcast Specialist
Broadcasting
+1 MA

Acquisition, logistics, technology and contracting NCO (must be 5th level)
Accounting
Contract Law

Chaplains Assistant
Lore: Religion +10%

Metal Worker
Metal Working +10%

Small Arms/Artillery repairer
Armorer +20%

Fire Control Repairer
Electronics Repair +10%

Armament Repairer
Armorer (large) +10%

Repairer: Each of the following is an MOS and a skill
Utilities Equipment Repairer (+10%)
Generator Repairer (+10%)
Construction Equipment Repairer (+10%)
Repairer (by system: tank (M1), mecha (Veritech), artillery (M109), missiles (LRM), etc.) +10%

Each of the following is an MOS and a skill (with a +20%)
Biomedical Equipment Specialist
Operating Room Specialist
Dental Specialist
Patient Admin Specialist
Optical Lab Specialist
Medical Logistics Specialist
Medical Lab Specialist
Nutrition Care Specialist
Radiology Specialist
Pharmacy Specialist
Veterinary Food Inspection Specialist
Preventive Medicine Specialist
Animal Care Specialist
Respiratory Specialist
Health Care Specialist
Mental Health Specialist

Weapons of Mass Destruction Specialist
Chemical, Biological and Nuclear Warfare (tactics)

Recruiter (must be 5th level)
MA +1
Lie +10%

Career Counselor (must be 5th level)
Intimidate +10%
Lie +10%

Truck Driver
Truck Driver +30%

Train Operator
Train Operator +20%

Watercraft Operator
Operate Boat +20%
Navigation +10%

Railway repairer
Railway repair +30%

Ammunition Specialist
Ammunition Identification +10%

Explosive Ordnance Disposal Specialist
Explosive Ordnance Specialist +10%

Logistic Specialist
Logistics +20%

Food Service Specialist
Cook +10%

Mortuary Affairs
Mortuary Science +10%

Rigger
Pack Parachute +30%

WARRANT OFFICER: Must be 5th level in an Enlisted MOS first:
Basically, pick a skill and add +30% to it…

Utilities Operation and Maintenance
Utilities +30% (know how to run a utility service, electrical, gas, water, etc.)

Geospatial Information Technicial
Cartography +10%

Targeteer
Military Intelligence
Targeting +10% (the skill of matching the system to the target for maximum damage/effects)

Command and Control Systems Integrator
Computer Use +30%

Tactician (type: land, air, space, naval)
+30% to Tactics (type)

Airspace management
Air Traffic Control +30%

Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Operations Technician
Operate Unmanned Vehicle (by type) +30%

Pilot (by aircraft type: helicopters only)
Pilot (by type) +30%

Special Forces
Unconventional Warfare Tactics +10%
+1 to strike w/ 1 WP
Administration +10%

Network Management Technician
Computer network administration +30%

Signal Systems Technician
Any 1 Communications Skill +30%

Legal Administrator
Law +10%

Electronic Warfare Technician
Electronic Warfare +20%

Special Agent – Law Enforcement
Investigate +30%

Area Intelligence Technician (usually by nation)
Area Knowledge +30%

COMMISSIONED OFFICER: Must have a college degree

Basic Officer Training
Leadership
WP Rifle
WP Pistol
First Aid
Hand to Hand Basic or Administration

Unit Type
Depending on the Type of Unit the officer will go to (since they are generalists...) they will usually get one of the following skills:
Airborne Unit - Parachutist
Air Assault Unit - Rappel
Amphibious Unit - Swim
Mountain Unit - Wilderness Survival
etc...

Unit Quality
The quality of a unit will affect the quality of training that they get while there, and sometimes even before:
Poor = -10% to two skills
Below Average = -5% to one skill
Average = No change
Good Reputation = +5% to one skill
Excellent Reputation = +10% to two skills
Recognized Elite = Add two skills AND +10% to two skills to represent the additional training that the unit insists upon.

Infantry
WP Machineguns
Tactics – Land +10%

Engineer
Construction +10%

Combat Engineer
Tactics
Demolitions

Facilities Management
Management +10%

Artillery
WP Heavy +1 to strike

Air Defense
WP Heavy (Surface to Air Missile) +1 to strike

Aviator
Pilot Aircraft (by aircraft type)
Air to Air combat OR Air to Ground combat
Replace Administration/Leadership with Weapon Systems
Replace WP Rifle with Aerial Navigation

Special Forces (must be 4th level)
Tactics – unconventional Warfare +10%

Armor
Tactics (armored)
WP Heavy

Cavalry
WP Heavy
Tactics (land)

Signal
Any Communication Skill +10%

Military Judge (must be 5th level)
Law +10%

Judge Advocate General
Law +10%

Military Police
Investigate +10%

Military Intelligence
Military Intelligence +10%

Finance
Accounting +10%

Psychological Operations
Psychological Operations +10%

Civil Affairs
Civil Military Operations +10%

Human Resources
Management +10%

Chaplain (must already be a cleric)
Lore: Religion +10%

Doctor (of all types…)
NO BONUS, you are a doctor with no malpractice

Dentist (of all types…)
NO BONUS, you are a dentist with no malpractice

Veterinarian (of all types…)
NO BONUS, you are a veterinarian with no insurance needs

Nurse (of all types…)
NO BONUS, you are a nurse with a set schedule and good pay

Lab Sciences
Analyze +10%

Behavioral Science
Psychology +10%

Pharmacist
Pharmacy +10%

Aeromedical Evacuation (must be 5th level)
SPECIAL SKILL: Aeromedical Evacuation – allows the use of all medical rolls with NO negative modifiers for being airborne…

Weapons of Mass Destruction Officer
Chemical, Biological and Nuclear Warfare (tactics) +10%

Functional Areas (must be 5th level as an officer)
These are areas of special training…basically they will give you a +20% bonus to a skill that you already have or a new one based on what your Area is…

Telecommunications systems engineer
Computer Network Operations +20%

Electronic warfare officer
Electronic Warfare +20%

Information operations officer
Information Operations +20% This is the skill of making your viewpoint the reality for everyone else…

Strategic Intelligence officer
Military Intelligence – Strategic +20% This is almost the same skill as Military Intelligence but with a much more broad focus such as the number of tanks a country has, it’s fuel reserves or how many nuclear weapons it has.

Space Operations
Tactics (Space) or Strategy (Space)

Astronaut (must be a pilot of at least 4th level)
Zero G Movement

Professor (of all types…)
Any skill +20%, now you teach it

Area Specialist (by nation)
Area Knowledge +20%

Operations Research/Systems Analysis
Advanced Mathematics +20%

Force Development
Force Generation + 20% This is the skill that is need to turn Strategy into a reality…this is how to get recruits into the military, trained, equipped and to the front. This is the skill of where to get tanks from, how much fuel they need and how to get it there. This skill deals ONLY with the numbers and not the actual use of the equipment, forces, units.

Systems Development
Any Engineering Skill +10%

Systems Automation
Computer Programming +20%

Simulations Officer
Computer Simulations +20%

Strategic Plans and Policy
Strategy (type) +20%

Researcher
Any Skill +20%

Additional skills and training:
Every skill, vehicle, weapon or system has some sort of “advanced” course in the military. These courses are anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months or longer in length and will give a flat bonus of up to +20% to a skill…Think TOP GUN. The length of time is dependant on the “complexity” of the skill learned…Air to Air combat tactics is a more complex skill than rappelling and getting out of a helicopter (Fighter Weapons School vs. Air Assault School).
My skin is not a sin - Carlos Wallace
A man's rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box - Frederick Douglass
I am a firm believer that men with guns can solve any problem - Inscriptus
Any system in which the most populated areas have the most political power, creates an incentive for areas that want power to increase their population - Killer Cyborg

Return to “Recon® & Recon® Modern Combat”