CS propaganda...

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Colt47 wrote:I don't know, if I was getting bombarded by propaganda like that when I was a teen I'd probably go find a magic user and beg em to teach me how to do that. :lol:

As for the commenter report with the guy getting chewed on by a D-bee... Well I guess I'd be asking myself where the d-bees are and then probably notice a lot of dead everything in the area. Even in a society like the Coalition states there will always be skeptics when it comes to T.V. Reports. I've seen propaganda in real life now and I can tell you that it's hard to make propaganda information fit when other information conflicts with the propaganda.

This is addressed in the black vault book belive it or not. (( I only know because I was reading it last night))

In the CS Cities the populas are 98% anti magic and only 2% of the population would even think to give it a chance.

This goes up in the new town burbs and stuff but in the cities, at least, the masterful spin of propaganda has indeed worked.

And people forget.... the people in the CS Cities don't "see" any good magic use so they have nothing to weigh on that side.

All they're shown is the evil and demonic and if you're only shown that, it's easy to see magic as evil and demonic.

They're not stupid. They're being kept forcefully ignorant.

It's addressed in the book that the way it's done, the populas doesn't even realize the CS is spinning stuff. They think honestly, that's just how magic is. Evil and corrupt.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:
Colt47 wrote:I don't know, if I was getting bombarded by propaganda like that when I was a teen I'd probably go find a magic user and beg em to teach me how to do that. :lol:

As for the commenter report with the guy getting chewed on by a D-bee... Well I guess I'd be asking myself where the d-bees are and then probably notice a lot of dead everything in the area. Even in a society like the Coalition states there will always be skeptics when it comes to T.V. Reports. I've seen propaganda in real life now and I can tell you that it's hard to make propaganda information fit when other information conflicts with the propaganda.

This is addressed in the black vault book belive it or not. (( I only know because I was reading it last night))

In the CS Cities the populas are 98% anti magic and only 2% of the population would even think to give it a chance.

This goes up in the new town burbs and stuff but in the cities, at least, the masterful spin of propaganda has indeed worked.

And people forget.... the people in the CS Cities don't "see" any good magic use so they have nothing to weigh on that side.

All they're shown is the evil and demonic and if you're only shown that, it's easy to see magic as evil and demonic.

They're not stupid. They're being kept forcefully ignorant.

It's addressed in the book that the way it's done, the populas doesn't even realize the CS is spinning stuff. They think honestly, that's just how magic is. Evil and corrupt.

Dont forget the handful of times a citizen witnesses a mage use magic to help its merely a ploy to get them to help the mage commit some unspeakable atrocity later.
"You WILL believe that all people have an inherent right to follow their own path to enlightenment in the spiritual manner of their choice or we will burn you at the stake!!!"~Slag
hahaha NXLA for the win.-- Galactus Kid x2
Bah. Immortality and marriage are just 2 things that should never mix. Any kind of prolongued lifespan shouldn't be burdened with monogamy.- Alejandro
Knowledge is power, power corrupts, study hard, be evil.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

That's the thing. The average CS citizen in the citys live grow old and die with out ever seeing a mage do anything "In real life" They just see the atrositys that are on the news or from the war front in Tolkeen.

Sort of like the average US Citizen never knows the true horror of war. Only those that enter the military or happen to go to war torn regions themselves.

It's easy to say that well over 50% of the US population have never been in a warzone in any fashion. So they only 'know' though TV and movies. Which isn't at all the same as knowing in person.

Now imagine that, if the government activly tried to pull the wool over our eyes. (( This is assuming our government doesn't))

Think of all the "They hate us for our freedom" and the Iraq war... now think of how easy it would be to villify something like magic in a world where dragons and demons really DO bite peoples faces off. Whoooooo

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Heh. Ever hear about the McCarthy Era?.....

Wōdwulf Seaxaning
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Wōdwulf Seaxaning »

Bood Samel wrote:I always imagined a lot of the deadboys to have a boots and braces skinhead style on their off time, including having catchy nationalistic, Oi bands. I picture the rooster sparrer song england belongs to me but with it being, "The Coalition belongs to me- the nations pride, the fortress walls of its cities!"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oi%21
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cock_Sparrer

<off-topic warning>That made me smile.Boots n Braces!!! Did you self edit CS's band name? NE-way..all good ideas.I wish my group would run a CS based campaign grrr. If I end up running a RIFTs CS based campain eventually I'll use some of these ideas myself heh.I think I'll draw up a CS Deadboy as a SkinHead & look into gettin it posted asap.
Sgt. Leo MacKenzie CSA Commando (& Skinhead :P)
Better Dead than Red!
F**k AntiFa! F**k Nazis! F**k Communists!

Return to “Rifts®”