Who's going in 2007?

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

bar1scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by bar1scorpio »

Given that it's easy driving distance from my house, and this year, it's the week *before* Anime Central, I can work both. ^_^

And hopefully by then I'll have quite a bit of Palladiums work for you guys to look at.
"The World Will be Saved By Steam!" - Professor Steamhead Ninja High School
Veknironth
Hero

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, I'll be there. I'll hopefully be bringing about 4-5 other people with me to dominate whatever game we're in. It won't be hard to find us. We'll all be in the same game, we'll be cool, and we'll be the ones dominating.

-Vek
"Look in Levi Johnstone's game good place to find me."
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Well, Veknironth, you will have to compete with my awesomeness. I know I know. It can be intimidating. What can I say, its just a gift.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

I just found my paycheck this week to be a bit heavyeir than budgeted for, so I signed up for saturday/sunday. If things are going good in two weeks I'll try for friday too, but the holidays are tuff on me and my pocketbook.

Kid Galactus, you get two free shots on me before I start to defend myself - five if Triax 2 is out by may 4th.

the rest of you get in line... :twisted:
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Subjugator
Palladium Books® Super Fan

Unread post by Subjugator »

Seraphim wrote:Got tickets as a birthday present! Yay! last year KC had to go without me because I didn't have any vacation time, but this year I planned it so I could go too. I am very excited.

It'll be good to meetcha!

Good B-Day present KC!

/Sub
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

I can see an illustration of that nearly every time I come here.
Kalinda
Champion

Unread post by Kalinda »

Just ordered my ticket, along with a few books. Looking forward to meeting everyone there.
Personally, I think that we have a duty as role-players to try to anchor each other to reality a bit. To keep other gamers from being complete freaks and weirdos, or even psychopaths, if we can. Killer Cyborg
283 geek points. 42 McGeekpoints.
:lol: 50 Smartass Points! :lol: Slag.
60 DaDa points.
Warwolf
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

Kalinda wrote:Just ordered my ticket, along with a few books. Looking forward to meeting everyone there.

Ah, another person I wouldn't mind meeting face-to-face. If for no other reason than the fact that I see you around quite often but don't really interact directly. :lol:
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Kythis
Wanderer

Unread post by Kythis »

Subjugator wrote:
Warwolf wrote:
Narcoleptic.Monk wrote:Hey, I am going to be there (not that any of you know me), but I've bought my tickets and am looking forward to meeting the Palladium staff and other gamers.

You know what, this is a perfect opportunity for you to have us get to know you. I'll go ahead and state that anyone at the Con can come and hang out with me and my crew, no questions asked. One thing I regret is not getting to meet some of the awesome people on these boards, and not getting a chance to chat for long with many others (including Citizen Lazlo, Subbie, and other great people).

I think I'll try and bounce around a bit more and introduce myself to people whether I know them or not (I am usually quite introverted, but I think I can make an exception for this event). So if you see me around this year (there are pictures of me floating around, so you might be able to recognize me), don't hesitate to introduce yourself and hang out for a bit. :-D

I'm pretty introverted too. Much of my introversion comes from not being good at socialization and looking like an idiot about 3/4ths of the time I'm talking to people.

If I act dumb at the next open house (like when I sat on the couch when I wasn't supposed to at the last one - that still humiliates me...and Kev teased me about it, which made me just about die) please forgive me. I'm a bit disabled when it comes to socialization.

:/

/Sub

1. Me (Daryle) and my friend Sam will be there Saturday and Sunday.

2. And the main reason I posted, my reply to these quotes.
You guys got to hang out with me I'm a social butterfly and even if we don't hang out as long as we meet up I'll try and grab new people I meet and bring them over to introduce them to "K".
Your Fellow PFRPGM "D"

{Let them come, let them come in hoards, army hoards of the hundreds, NO thousands! They shal know my might and bow before the ever capable Felthric. For I have shaven my dogs buttucks an taught him to fart while walking backwards and as such their doom is evident. (The last recorded words of the first Ludicris Mage to enter the Land of the Damned.)}
Kythis
Wanderer

Unread post by Kythis »

Ninjabunny wrote:Oh yeah, is anyone else going to bring there books or just grab a R;UE and go?

I am bring what I like to call my MOBLE GM a 4x2x2 foot case with wheels. So in short I am bringing lots of books but then again I am planning on running a game, when and what I'm not sure yet. What I mean when is if there is enough people I am definitely going to run a pre Open House game at the Ramada Hotel Wednesday to Friday night. As I and so many others were too late to buy Friday VIP tickets. Whether I run one at the Open House or not I'm unsure as I mite end up mingling and playing the whole time. If you decide to run and need to borrow PF book meet up with me at the Open House and as long as I'm not currently using that particular one it's yours to borrow. I do treasure my books so at the worst I mite make you sign it out in a small log book.

By the way, this pretty much goes for anyone at the Open House in need of a PF book and maybe some selected other books I'll have.
Your Fellow PFRPGM "D"

{Let them come, let them come in hoards, army hoards of the hundreds, NO thousands! They shal know my might and bow before the ever capable Felthric. For I have shaven my dogs buttucks an taught him to fart while walking backwards and as such their doom is evident. (The last recorded words of the first Ludicris Mage to enter the Land of the Damned.)}
Ravenwing
Hero
Comment: Chaplain of the CS.

Unread post by Ravenwing »

hippie_mama wrote:
Citizen Lazlo wrote:HEY!!!!

I am not in the social reject crowd.

I AM the social reject crowd!!!!

:D

So what do we do if there aren't enough corners to hide in? There needs to be some kind of strategy, so none of us end up smacking into each other while we're running away in fear from everyone else...it will be like a Palladium geeks version of pac-man.

:nh:

Is having high school flash backs.
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

hippie_mama wrote:
Citizen Lazlo wrote:HEY!!!!

I am not in the social reject crowd.

I AM the social reject crowd!!!!

:D

So what do we do if there aren't enough corners to hide in? There needs to be some kind of strategy, so none of us end up smacking into each other while we're running away in fear from everyone else...it will be like a Palladium geeks version of pac-man.

Well, we're in the warehouse, and there's all these pallets of books. It is sort of maze-like...
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
Brian Manning
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: I'm the King of Rock, There is none higher!
Sucka MC's should call me sire!

Unread post by Brian Manning »

And there's also tables to hide under. Of course they'll probably be full of players and GMs running games, but they can't see through the table, so it's still like hiding.
Artwork • Social Media • Writing • Shenanigans
Brian-Manning.com
Levi
Location: Lost in a dream world with the occasional nightmare of what might be reality.

Unread post by Levi »

I don't think I responded here yet. I haven't visiting the boards much for a while now.

Anyway, I'll be there!

I'll be running games and helping out with general stuff again.

I think I will stick with PF games though. My other games didn't go so smoothly last year.
As a man's shadow follows his footsteps wherever he goes, so will destruction pursue those who commit evil deeds.
Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway
Comment: I love how people are quick to make demands, make spurious claims and then play the victim when you call them on it.
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, CANADA. NOT Austrailia, CANADA.

Unread post by Prince Artemis »

It looks like I won't be making it this year.
Chaos
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Chaos »

Yay, I finally get to meet all you crazy people!

All I have left to do is make my reservations, but that will come sometime in April for me I'd say. Is Ramada packed quickly for the events? Basically my question is do I need to Book a room sooner than April?

On a Sidenote: I was really looking forward to meeting you Prince hate to hear you won't be there, I like designing spoof pdf's for myself and was looking forward to comparing notes and showing you my spoofs (NOTE! These are not shared under any circumstance as one they are not my work, writing images etc, and 2 I try to make them look 100% authentic and therefore they break several laws ;) lol they are just for me :ok: all I had to say.)
Warwolf

Unread post by Warwolf »

Chaos wrote:All I have left to do is make my reservations, but that will come sometime in April for me I'd say. Is Ramada packed quickly for the events? Basically my question is do I need to book a room sooner than April?

IIRC, there is only a small fee to reserve the room. You don't actually pay them the full amount up-front. I'm not sure how reservations are at the moment, but there were a few people last year that couldn't get into the Ramada because it was booked up (not sure how late they waited though).
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

Warwolf wrote:
Chaos wrote:All I have left to do is make my reservations, but that will come sometime in April for me I'd say. Is Ramada packed quickly for the events? Basically my question is do I need to book a room sooner than April?

IIRC, there is only a small fee to reserve the room. You don't actually pay them the full amount up-front. I'm not sure how reservations are at the moment, but there were a few people last year that couldn't get into the Ramada because it was booked up (not sure how late they waited though).

There was no fee to reserve the room. They need a Credit Card to reserve it for you, and there is a 48-hour cancellation policy.
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
Chaos
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Chaos »

Thanks Peoples I'll take care of it soon :ok:
Warwolf

Unread post by Warwolf »

Xar wrote:There was no fee to reserve the room. They need a Credit Card to reserve it for you, and there is a 48-hour cancellation policy.

Ah, I thought they took the credit card info to deduct said fee. Thanks for clarifying. :)
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

I think I might be going this year. I'm short on funds, but I want to go mainly to meet the other posters on this board. Maybe I'll jump into a game or two while I'm there.

Hopefully someone will run a N&SS game so I can play a character with Moo Gi Gong. I love that martial art.

What would be really cool is if Kevin and co. make some kind of special gift thingy for people who go. I don't know if they did anything like it last time. Maybe a clear percentile set with something inside the die that says "Palladium Open House, 2007".

Now that I'm thinking about it, I wonder how much it would cost to get personalized dice like that. A twenty sider with a skull & crossbones inside, etc...

Edit: I actually decided to contact a custom die company and see what it would cost for the custom dice idea.
"Do you even know what the word theory means? You must think it means '**** that you make up'."
---Penn Jillette
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

Citizen Lazlo wrote:
MrTwist wrote:I actually decided to contact a custom die company and see what it would cost for the custom dice idea.

Let us know the prices, I'm kinda curious.

:ok:

Well the place I checked wouldn't do a small order(less than a few thousand), so I don't quite know yet.

Also, does anyone know how likely tickets will be available on the day of the open house? My budgeting is a work in progress, meaning I might have to wait until the day of the Open House to see if I can afford it.
"Do you even know what the word theory means? You must think it means '**** that you make up'."
---Penn Jillette
Ectoplasmic Bidet
Hero

Unread post by Ectoplasmic Bidet »

I wanna go so bad. I even have plenty of extra cash to make the trip without problem. I saved vacation days at work so I could go.

Then I found out last month that I may be losing my job(stupid government contracting crap) soon. Now I've got to save my money instead of throwing it away on plane tickets & lodging, cool Palladium stuff, and whores. :-(
grymhammer
D-Bee

Unread post by grymhammer »

I think I'll be there, planning on volunteering like I did last year. It was a lot of fun volunteering, even if they did run out of stuff for me to do....or maybe I forgot to ask for more stuff to do and just enjoyed it. :D
Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

I'll be there . . .

Unread post by Kevin »

I'm going. I'm going!

Oh, but then you already knew that, didn't you?

Sorry, being a bit silly after recooperating from the last crushing deadline and about to jump into my NEXT one. (ick) I'll be glad when Palladium is strong enough where I don't have to work like a lunatic 24/7 to keep the company afloat. Then again, we have a zillion great new books in the hopper.

The 2007 Open House is going to be awesome. We're on track for 300-400 gamers and have a truck load of great gaming events, panels and stuff. Longer hours should give people more time to game and meet our gazillion guests. (Okay, not a gazillion but 40-50; more than we've ever assembled!) And we feel much, much more prepared and organized this year than last.

If you're planning on coming and haven't bought admission yet, please do so, so we can be prepared. Of course, you are welcome to show up the day of the event without prior warning. We just want folks to come on down and enjoy 2-3 days of gaming.

Well, better get back to work. Looking forward to seeing you all there in HOLY TOMOLEY JUST THREE WEEKS!!!

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer and Convention Maniac
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

lets see, open house tickets... Check,
Plane tickets... Paid for, but not in my hands yet...
Hotel... check
two of the oldest skunkiest beers ever to be poured for Kid galactus... check.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."

Return to “Palladium Open House”