Network Omni News

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Aramanthus wrote::::A small figure with a roman centurion helmut carrying a few sheets of paper walks out towards a podium. He coughs a couple of times.::: "We hear at MOANS have an important news reports! We have again scooped our opposition! Today at 08:00 hours on the planet of Hecuba in the priam sector coordinates 980:651:256. The planetary dictator Rastroc has retired due to ill health. Although rumors have indicated it was that the now former dictator is leaving due to the fact that he is suffering from extreme old age and ill health. And his brother Aulr is to take his place as dictator for life!" :::The little helmuted figure then walks off the stage and camera goes black.:::

Any events or relationships which may be similar or exactly the same as real life is purly accidental, im sure. :lol:
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

:::The little centurion helmut figure looks around wildly!::: "Yes! It was just a coincidence!" :::Straigthens tie and helmut.::: "Yes! It was!"
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

:::The little figure with the centurion helmut appears and is standing in front of the tri-d camera. He shuffles his paper and then begins to speak.::: "We here at MOANS are taking the opportunity to displace our competitors as the number one news company in the three galaxies! We promise to make ... I mean cover as many news stories as we can as quickly as we can. In the days to come we promise news stories galore."
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

(Shot of several large transmitting towers on a barren desert scape littered with rocks...a squad of Kittani and Kydian commandos suddenly appears, with laser torches and cable launchers...within minutes they've taken down the towers and absconded into the night...leaving behind a burned message in the bedrock...

"Not Without Your Transmitters You Ain't!"
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

ROFLMAO!!! That is a great one! They love competition. :D

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

:::The little figure with the roman centurion helmut walks across the stage to a podium. He shulfes a stack of papers. Then he looks into the camera.::: "Yesterday an unprovoked attack on a set of our transmission towers towers were destroyed thru an act of gwad. But luckily we have many other transmitters hidden all over the 3Gs. On another note." :::He shuffles some papers and then begins with the next story.:::

"We here at MOANS have a major breaking news story. In the System of Cussia at coordinates of 098:034:124 the former President Nittupp stepped aside as the newly free elections were held yesterday. There were four candidates running for the position of President. The one candidate who was the forerunner was elected. The former President Nittupp will take over the role of Prime Minster. Rumors have it he'll still be the power bbehind the throne. This concludes our news brief. We want to thank our competitors in the news media for helping us out." :::The scene fades and returns to the latest tri-d movie.:::

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

:::The little figure with the roman centurion helmut stands at a brand new and shiny news desk. He shuffles some papers. Off to his left is the logo for the news network. It is precisely two foot tall constructed from either yellow brass or gold. Making the set very garish in it's ornamention.:::

"Greeting and salutations! Today we at MOANS wish to greet the sentients of the three galaxies from our new broadcast facilities here at center! We have also scooped our fine opponents again." :::He shuffles another sheet to the fore front of his stack.::: "Yesterday at Golgulmelaa in the Golgahmelaa system at coordinates 195:359:015 in the Thundercloud galaxy had the celebration of the return. This is where the citizens gather at the southern shores of the largest continent." :::A picture shows a huge number of avian people gathered along a shore line.::: "They wait for the return of the great grosh. This is supposed to be the savior of this race. Every year for the last 100 years they have come here and stood waiting for this event."
:::The camera pans back and forth looking over the vast numbers of the avian people. In the distance you suddenly see a vast number of red and white hover trucks. These trucks land and disgorge many power armored figures. These figures start herding the citizens into the trucks. These trucks come in an endless numbers until the last of the people on the beaches have been taken away.:::
"This race, the Tweela Khichen has only been considered sentient only because they build their own structures. They are very limited in their intelligence. Though they are among the tastiest of all sentient races in the three galaxies. They do reproduce in vast number each year. So this harvest does not actually hurt their overall population. Without this population control from Colonel Sandersen's mass galactic restaurant chain their population would be far higher than the T'Zee's."
:::The camera focuses back onto the figure speaking into the tri-d camera. As the camera pans out you see a red and white bucket from Colonel Sandersen's restaurant chain.::: "We'd like to welcome our newest sponsor Colonel Sandersen's Kantecky Fried Khicken!" :::He then reaches into the open bucket and pulls out a khicken leg and takes a big bite out of it!::: "It's digit licken good!" :::The camera fades out for now.:::

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

:::A commercial starts up and shows a family of aliens trying to decide what to have for dinner. Then one of the aliens says...:::

Alien #1::: "What about KFK?"

Alien #2::: "That is a great idea! What do you think Parental units?"

Alien #3 (call her Mom)::: "I think it's a great idea too. They have those new Khicken wraps too!"

Alien#4 (Call him dad)::: "That is a great plan let's go get some khicken!"

:::Later on the family is seen sitting around eating their KFK.:::

All of the aliens at once say....... "It's digit licking good!"

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Re: Network Omni News

Network Omni Newsflash
Dateline: 04/162342/23442434623

Aging Plague Stopped; Health Care Crisis Not Yet Averted, Say Experts
---Delsen Station, Kkard System, Ellisun Sector, Thundercloud Galaxy. Galactic Health Organization scientists are reporting victory in finally curing the Chronos K prion that has caused endemic accelrated aging on the Human-inhabited world of Orson IV. Experts say that the prion, which began manifesting in the population some twelve Standard Years ago, and defied all local attempts to control and contain it, finally succumbed to cutting edge Galactic medicine and technology. With the system placed under quarantine as a precaution(despite the evidence that the prion appears to be limited to the populace of Orson IV), experts were finallly able to counter the prion with a combination of orbital-bombard-emitted micro-gravity pulses keyed to disrupt the prions' specific nucleic sequences, and individual radiation treatments. The results have been nothing lshort of miraculous; with no new cases of Chronos K appearing in the Standard Month since treatments were begun.
However, GHO officials admitt that the situation on Orson IV is by no means over..."WE may have stopped the prion and prevented it from resurging," Machine Person GHO representative Danar NuStek said, in a etleconference delivered from the surface of Orson IV,"But we're still dealing with the aftermath...fifty percent of the population succumbed to accelerated aging, either dying outright or lapsing in senile dementia, and another thirty percent are suffering from advanced aging while in their twenties and thirties..Damage not easily undone..The planet is in desperate need of assistance to deal with the many bedridden and demented cases here, and with a social infrastructure that's tottering from the lack of a healthy populace. We can currently treat some of the problems with available resources...arthritis, respiratory illnesses, cardiac problems, and skin ailments, enogh to get many of th afflicted out of the danger zone and ambulatory, but the more advanced caes and mental damage are irreversible without more advanced and expensive rejuventation therpaies...We're talking about a planet-sized geriatric ward here with the sort of problems that entails."
GHO authorities are still maintaining the system quarantine, while the situation on Orson IV is stabilized. Among issues of concern are the origins of the Chronos K."It doesn't appear to be natural" said one xenopathologist, "And that's what worries us; we need to know if this bug was locally brewed or imported...and from where."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Excellent new story. Did that one conclude one you did earlier?

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

:::The little guy with the roman centurion uniform walk out to a podium. HE shuffles some papers. He then looks up and begins speaking.:::

"My fellow people of the Three Galaxies. We have a breaking news story involving a relatively new Mercenary group named the Merc Alliance which has made inquiries to purchase a staggering number of slaves. Some unsubstanitated reports indicate that they are attempting to procure around one billion. They have refused to comment on this plan of theirs. Although it was reported at around the same time that this same Mercenary company also registered several star systems as their property. The star systems are uncontested. Although they lie approximately within 50 light years of the CCW."
"What is known about the Merc Alliance is that it's leader is named Emperor Gecko. Whether this person is a lizard is unknown. Although he apparently has a friendship with Thraxes, who is a citizen of Center." (A picture showing Thraxes standing next to some guy dressed in a black armor with a stylized death's head helmut attached to his waist.) We have heard that slavers are selling their slaves at very low prices. We were informed that the rise in demands might require slavers to find new sources of slaves. We have some sources the the Splugorth's are happily selling many millions to these people. We hear at MOANS will keep you posted on this explosive situation!"

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Aramanthus wrote:Excellent new story. Did that one conclude one you did earlier?

Nope...random cosmic ray flashing across my brain...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

It was very nice to see a new Omni News Story!

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Network Omni Newsflash
Dateline: 04/193232/3218218721537

Newly Liberated Free World Council World Erupts in Civil War Bloodbath
---Schimman Atazi, Peshdu IX, SoraSumme System, Algar Sector, Free Worlds Council, Corkscrew Galaxy. FWC members are concerned about recent developments on the planet Peshdu IX, which, having recently freed itself from the grip of the TransGalactic Empire a matter of months ago, is apparently now spiralling into ethnic violence.
Correspondants in the capital city of Schimman Atazi have confirmed that Major-General Gahmann Stey, of the Peshdu Liberation Council, has authorized the arrest of several other members of the Council, proclaiming them 'enemies of the Peshdu people and long-time sympathizers with the Imperial counter-revolutionary forces", a proclaimation that came simultaneously with major actions against 'looming counter-revolutionary and Kreeghor loyalist elements revealed from captured Imperial documents." Reports have also emerged of massive military movements by Stey supporters, including wholesale round-ups and arrests of people in major communities across the planet, and at least a dozen uses of tactical nuclear weapons against the headquarters of regional PLC groups. On a half-dozen occasions, observation of what appear to be orbital strikes over the horizon from the capital have been made....Subsequent reports of massive battsat laser-burn attacks on the Frehemm and Dhalgu Valleys, the traditional homelands of the Chorma minority people, hint an apocalyptic flareup of ethnic violence; Major-General Stey is of the prodominate Dyos ethnicity, which has traditionally had poor relations with the Chorma. However, it was believed that Stey, the PLC, and the substantial assistance they had received from the offworld FWC, and at last put those differences aside and behind them, and created a planetary coalition that allowed Peshdu to successfully throw off the yoke of TGE oppression. Now offworld FWC officials are not so certain, as reports continue to surface of growing violence in the Peshdu cities, and ethnic atrocities mount.
"We've tried to contact Major-General Stey on this matter." An FWC spokesbeing has reported to offworld humanitarian monitoring groups."But he refuses to speak with us as long as the 'emergency' and 'state of civil unrest' presists....If the situation on Peshdu continues, I'm afraid that the Peshduan people may have thrown off one state of oppression for another, and they jeopardize losing the world again."
NON reporters continue to monitor the situation on Peshdu IX, but report a growing degree of uncooperation and hostility on the part of government officials and security agencies with regards to offworlder activities.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Great News Story! Good to see the FWC having a news story!

:D

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Aramanthus wrote:Great News Story! Good to see the FWC having a news story!

Plus they're in a pickle...having supported Stey liberate his world, they now see him use that power and freedom to commit genocide...how do they stop him and restore Peshdu as a new FWC world, without draining resources betetr used fighting the TGE? Or do they bother? Or is Stey actually a TGE counter-revolutionary himself?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Hmmm So does this mean we'll end up with a follow up news story soon? I'd be real curious to see how this plays out!

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

The screen goes from a regular show to a news room. It focuses on the podium behind which stands a small humanoid in a roman centurion armor. He shuffles some papers.:::

"We were informed of a nassive rift opening and releasing a titanic monster on Regwarian 3 in the corkscrew galaxy in the constellation Konstralleus at the galactic coordinates 325:255:150. Regwarian 3 resides within the CCW. The creature was dealt withy after nearly 24 hours. This is one of a string of incidents we have been informed of over the last two weeks by an informer from within the CCW military. We will keep you posted as more of this story continues."

:::The scene fades and returns to the normal programming.:::

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Well..that explains a great deal... :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Network Omni Newsflash
Dateline: 04/287455/3269826894

Aldarans Expunge Manhater Threat From Sector
-Forward Base Gara, SullaVIII, Sulla System, MetroAn Pocket, Thundercloud Galaxy. Aldaran Expeditionary Forces have finished the third phase of their bitter offensive against the Lydists of Gaya, and have announced that they have conclusively destroyed the Gayans’ power-projection capabilities, that savaged the Alaran homeworld some three years ago. Network Omni News was on hand at a forward staging base of the AEF's final push within the Gayan home system.
(OPenning shot of an ice-and-rock moon of a gas giant, from inside an envirodome....A light-spacesuited Aldaran woman, in the insignia of an AEF Liaison Department attache, is directing the attention of several reporters to several vid-displays on a portable holo-projector)
The Gayan Lydian, a monogender culture that emerged after a virulent plague wiped out their entire male populace, had evolved an all-female technological society, reproducing via technological exo-parthenogenesis, in the MetroAn Pocket, a gravitational ‘knot’ pocket-universe accessible through the Aldara System. The existance of sentient life within the Pocket became evident when the Lydians discovered dimensional travel and openned Rift-Gates directly to the surface of Aldara Prime, a world settled by an ancient dissident Sept of the Tane. Initial relations between the Aldarans and their unexpected ‘neighbors’ were cordial and promising, with trade beginning almost immediately. This was five Standard Years ago.
“That trade was the start of it...and it almost became the means of our downfall,” Aldaran Information Liaison Llyandre Shame bitterly told us, while recounting the background of the current conflict, “They were feeling us out, then procceeded to launch their attack...”
The attack was a virus that attacked the Aldaran males, attacking the nervous system and killing rapidly. “It quickly became evident to us that this wasn’t a natural virus, or a mutation of a previously dormant Gayan organism...This was an engineered weapon both in its DNA and in its distribution...It became clear; the Gayans were going to ‘liberate’ us of the male gender, then move in while our society was in shambles, and they’d assimilate us. They almost got us; it killed over 75% of our male population...We learned the hard way that the Gayans, and particularly the Lydists in charge, are real gendercidal sexists...the extremists offed their own men once they’d perfected cloning three generations back...Helsa, even the Atorians have called the Gayans insane....And they nearly had us...
...But they got sloppy...they missed several important facets of our society that we kept to ourselves...One was the true extent of our telepathic abilities..Oh, they knew of the empathic bonds we form with our mates and families, we learned that much from interrogating prisoners...they even counted on the shock of losing our husbands, sons, and brothers further breaking our resolve...There was a LOT of suffering and link-shock as a result of the attack, true, but once we learned that it was an attack, and not a natural occurance...Well, a lot of widows who might otherwise have pined away, gone into seclusion, or taken their own lives, they got angry....Our standing military actually GAINED in numbers following the revelation of biowarfare as a result of a lot of grieving and vengeful women joining up...
Second was our medical technology...The same telepathic bonds that allowed us to share the suffering of the infected, also allowed a reverse flow of life energy into the suffering; quite a few of our men who might otherwise have died pulled through...at least long enough for us to identify the true origins of the plague...Quite a few critical cases had to be cyberized...we never made THAT capability open knowledge to the Gayans either...and many of THOSE men joined the military as well...
Finally, we had a much larger space presence than the Gayans had...We didn’t talk much about THAT either...but a fair percentage of the surviving men were quarantined in the space fleet, safe from infection...THEY immediately set to work converting our space industry to a war footage.
So while we were beating off the Lydist ‘humanitarian relief’ forces that arrived after the plague, and later their robotic war-legions, the space forces were quietly figuring out how to open up a dimensional gate back to the Gayan home system, away from their world where they couldn’t spot it...
You can’t kill over a billion people and try to invade the survivors, then not expect some payback...Once we’d covertly reconned their planet from orbit and spotted the main strategic targets like factories and gate-generation facilities, we hit them with rock-drops from deep space...Took out their spacewatch and orbital defense capabilities first, then started bombing ...
Once we had them on the run, it was time for counter-invasion...
I lost two grandfathers, a grandmother from grief, and three brothers..and I’m one of the lucky ones...My father was a comet farmer on a deep-run at the time the Lydists infected us, so I still have male relatives who survive...Can’t say I’m sorry to see their cities pounded into gravel...Or their survivors being mowed down by the Widow Battalions and Cyborg-Armor we’ve got down there...Maybe once it sinks in with the survivors that now that we’ve either blasted or seized their clone-facs, the ones left in the brush are the last generation of Gayans, they’ll come out and surrender, then we’ll start reshaping their society to something more acceptable..But right now, they’re still hiding in the mountains and we’re still levelling mountains...”
(Officer Shame points proudly outside the envirodome on the outer system gas giant moon that’s been converted into a support base...Mass drivers are firing payloads of newly processed ice and rock to the warships in orbit, while battlesuited figures and cybertanks maneuver into waiting transports. Racks and power loaders' worth of ordnance, fresh-made by nanofac from the moon's substance, are being loaded onto carrier platforms and to waiting warships)
“Three years ago we didn’t have that sort of capability...now we do..Serves them right to be on the receiving end...”
According to conservative AEF projections, another eight months of surface bombardment and hunter-killer strikes will be needed to completely disrupt the cohesion of any organized resistance, after which a protracted consolidation of the surface, using cyborg troops and robotic sentries to control and blockade remaining habitable safe havens to trap any resisters left in the wilderness, is anticipated.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Excellent news story Taalismn! Maybe both RCCs need to be developed for the RCC thread.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

:::The little humanoid in the centurion armor comes walking out to the podium and shuffles his papers.::: "This is a MOANS new scoop on two seperate stories. We here at MOANS reported last week that creatures were being rifted into various settlements within the CCW. It was determined that these planets had a previously unknown telepad located on their planets. XenoArchealogist have dated these back around 15,000 years since their creation. Unforntunately these telepads seem to be linked to couple of various nether world dimensions."

:::He shuffles his papers and continues to read the next story.::: "We hear at MOANS would like to make sure that the being known as Darkmax has made his reappearance in the three galaxies. His disppearance was being linked to foul play. But his own statement stating it was a malfunctioning hyperdrive of a cruiser which led to his disappearance. We join with our opposition welcoming Darkmax back to being in the know again."

:::The screen goes back to it's previously shown entertainment.:::

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

Glad you enjoy our news shows! :D

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

Ummm. I'd rather see female ones in that condition! :D

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Darkmax wrote:Here's a recorded scene from one of our cameras present at the scene of Darkmax's extraction from his unfortunate starship.....

Darkmax: **cough** Those idiots could have left us with one of the engines... but they have to take both! Damn you.... I will hunt you down and I'll tear your ***censored** from your very body while you watch!!!! LET ME AT THEM!!! ARRRGGHHH!!!! KILL THEM!!!! **cough**

Is he still sane? Is this the beginning of the end of the once reclusive being? We will have more.

I love the centurion armor thing... I could almost picture a short minature hobbit-like being wearing an oversized armor and a shiny silver bucket with gold trims for a helmet.... :D

Network Omni Market-Watch:
Dateline: 04/303222/414263127

Anonymous bidders at Northerby's Auction Salon at Center reportedly bid 150 million credits for a matched set of crystal-voidstone engines said to come from a custom WZ-Luxury 1 yacht. Less was known about the high bid on the contents of a locker said to be part of the same lot of goods offered for sale.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

great news story! I hope you don't mind if I continue that same vein witha little bit of a comical twist. :D

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

:::The little humanoid wearing the roman centurion armor is seen as the scene changes from the show that should be on to a news brief. He shuffles several papers and then begins his news brief.::: "Today at Northsby's Auction Salon at center auctioned off a humanoid body to an unknown bidder for over 1.1 billion credits. The body was identified by the label on the outside of the the statis case as the body of Jimmy Hoffa. We are still digging up the sources to identify the buyer."

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

It's in a statis pod. Your imagination. My group here in Racine found it in a ships wreckage. They sold it too someone on Center for anice tiddy profit! :D

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

It wasn't my fault. They are greedy! Really really greedy! But they are great friends. And I almost had a TPK saturday night with the clone troops they faced.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

Oh don't worry the Dominator they met the other night really put a scare in them. They were lucky enough to escape with their life. He's going to be a recurring villian for awhile.

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Darkmax wrote:What Lock..... hmm.... no way, not my lingerie collection...

"Well, open it already!"
"Okay.."
BBBBZZZZZtinkclank..
*Phhhwhhhhaaaaaaaffffffffff*
"Gahk..."(THUD!!!)
"ARRGGGHHH!!! What is that STTTENNNCHHH!!!???"
"IT's the curse! The CURSE!!!"
"NO,wait...move the manipulator arm inside...it's it's...."
"The tech isn't breathing!"
"Never mind him, he's expendable...It's a ..."
"It's a bloody damn SOCK!!!"
"Yeah, and that looks like a rather mangy t-shirt!"
"Is that MOLD?!"
"Oh ^&*^!!(Derogatory term refering to offspring of affairs with garden implements)...WE just paid fifty million bloody Stellars just for the gawp's LAUNDRY BAG?!!!!"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Darkmax wrote:darkmax (while watching the media coverage): So there's where the other sock is for the last 25 years.........

Actually, I use the other one as xenomorph repellent..
(scene of spacesuited adventurer going through a derelict spacecraftm waving a sock at the end of a pole...'Alien' eggs pop open, the facegrippers jump up, and promptly explode, while the adult Aliens lose their immunity to their own acidic blood and dissolve into goo...The Queen Alien just self-incinerates, after being caught some hundred meters UPwind...)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

So you are using David LIster's sock hamper for a chemical weapon base. Now that is easy! It's also scary!

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

The jockstrap just kept melting the pole....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Athletic Supporter(not the fan type...) :)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Yep...I'm saving THAT for a target truly worthy of an WMD(Weapon of Mass Disgust)... :evil:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

:::Walking out in a full environmental suit. Then trying to find the external speakers.::: I'm ok. I'm protected fromthat stench of Dave Lister's sock hamper. And even the more disgusting ones being demonstrated on poor victims.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

:::The little humanoid in a centurion armor walks over to the podium. He shuffles several papers and begins.::: "Today it was revealed that in the last few weeks over twenty planetary systems on the edges of the CCW have been augmenting their forces with many indepent forces have been hiring mercenaries to fill out their forces for unknown reasons. The CCW has been asked about possible reasons for these actions. They have refused to comment on these events. We will continue to dig for answers for the reasons mercenaries are being used by the IDF's of these twetly systems."

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

"Eccentric Racing enthusiast SpeedRacer discovers that it is NOT possible to drive on the rings of Saturn..."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Hmmmm. Maybe I should warm up my dice to killing "Speed Racer"! Sounds like fun. I can always add him to the List with Minmei and Lynn Kyle.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

:::The little humanoid in centurion armor comes out walks over to the podium. He shuffles his papers and clears his throat.::: "Today, we hear at MOANS have to come forward and admit that certain members of the ownership have been using various methods including bribes to allow a young racer to win more races than he should have been able too. At this time at least forty million credits have been paid out for Spedo Racer to win most of his victories. We who report the news here at MOANS were shocked to discover the influence our management had in creating this fraudulant racer. We have turned over all relavant data to the racing authorities, who we hope will prosicute them to the fullest allowed meassures the law can bring. We will bring you the coverage of the arrest of these criminals at the time it happens. We return you to your shows." :::The screen goes back to previous shows.:::

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

"Yes, the Mach V CAN make Mach 5 if fired out the massdriver hard enough...It is NOT recommended that a driver be in the vehicle at the time..."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

:::The screen changes and the little humanoid appears before the viewers. He shuffles papers and begins his news brief.::: "We here at MOANS have recorded the arrest of Spedo Racer." :::The camera changes again to show a young man wearing what looks to be a very frilly girls dress emerges from a building with handcuffs on. The racing police place him into the squad car. The scene changes back to the little humanoid.::: "We here at MOANS have nothing to say of his fashion statement he made when he was arrested, except that he was wearing fall colors during the spring. Which is always a crime. We will bring you more information as the night goes by. We now take you back to your program." :::The screen goes back to original programming.:::

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Network Omni Newsflash
Dateline:05/1023621/42355343

Sector Authorities Alarmed About Inexplicable Mass Migration
---Elenso Prima, Drera XIII, La'Shoi System, D'Hamas Sector, Corkscrew Galaxy. CCW authorities are expressing some alarm at the inexplicable sudden mass-exodus of people from five worlds in the La'Shoi Sector...Planets Werenrate II, Alveni D-21, Ler-VII, Tremphis Prophi, and Dagii FCXI, have all experienced a sudden rise in immigration all world, and planetary authorities on those planets have issued directives for the purchase of spacecraft capabel of interstellar travel for the remaining populace.
THough laying in the same sector of space, the worlds in question are often many light years apart, and share little in common. Lest of all, any imminent danger from war or interstellar catastrophe. Probes in the area reveal no mass-psychic activity or possible mind-controlling pathogens in the populace..The only common factor is that the beings involved in the mass-exodus have been of Ratling descent...and yet other worlds in the La'Shoi Sector, with substantial Ratling populations, have no such similar activity. Attempts to question those involved in the mass-exodus have been met with denials or silence, both as to the reasons for the sudden migration and to its ultimate destination.
"It's like everybody has just decided to start packing for a long trip and pull up their roots." Explained xenosociologist Gar Reten, of the Galactic Peoples' Institute. "We're not seen anything like it before...people are just peacefully leaving their homes, their businesses, and their worlds, and shipping out."
"WE've got a lot of nervous people in the sector, wondering what the hell is going on." Vice-Admiral Dross Bentecor, CAF Sector Command, told NON. "WE're hoping to try to track the ultimate destination of the ships so we can get a better idea of what's going on and whether or not these people are all travelling willingly...BUt until then, we can't do much of anything, I'm afraid."
It is currently estimated that some 13,245 ships are currently in motion out of the sector, with some 130 million people aboard, with the affected worlds requesting additional ships, or engaged in shipbuilding programs. Other worlds in the sector have stepped up their own civil monitoring programs, looking out for any similar pattern emerging in their own populations...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Darkmax wrote:hmm... when the rats starts to jump ship, you know something is terribly wrong..... Good time for starship sales though.... sent in all our reps!!!

Figured it would boost starship sales!
"Going somewhere?"
"Get there wherever in style!"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

PLus you can always slip tracking devices aboard...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Are we sure that those Ratling aren't lemmings? And they are heading for the edge of the universe to jump off there. :D

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

:::The triD vid switches from the preprogrammed shows to a news room where a small humanoid in a centurion armor walks over to a podium. He shuffles his papers and begins to read.::: "As of today at noon here on center when the law enforcement agents arrived and arrested several high level managers here at MOANS for the racing scandal we discovered last week." :::The screen shows several beings being escorted to police vehicles. Each of the beings are not only in handcuffs but wearing a plaid red and white dresses each. They are all wearing little red and white checkered hats with long braided ponytails sticking out the sides from under their checkered caps. Also sitting on each of right hands is penguin hand puppet with glowing red eyes.::: "This was filmed at noon right here at our offices. We are trying to understand the significance of the outfits those arrested were wearing. They kept talking to the Penguins and addressing them as "Mr. Flibble". The police are going to be contacting medical help to do what they can for these poor souls in case they have been affected by a holo virus. We return you to your previously scheduled shows." :::The screen changes back to where it was.:::

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

LOL! Check out Red Dwarf! That is all I'm saying about that! :D

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

:::The programming goes to the the news studio where the little humanoid wearing the centurion is walking towards a podium. He shuffles his papers and begins reading::: "Dear fellow sentient beings I bring more news on that racing scandal. Yesterday we showed you scenes where several management personel were seen getting arrested and they were wearing rather strange costumes with hand puppets. It was discovered they had in fact been infected by "Langstorme's Holo virus". The CDC said that there is nothing to serious to worry about. The virus which is transmitted via electronic means to anyone watching a tri d vid has the potential of becoming infected. Of course the virus only last twenty-four hours and is very much like having the flu. The only difference is that your clothes change into some sort of dress with a hat and a penguin hand puppet dressed similiar." :::As the camera pans out you see the little humanoid wearing a red and white checkered dress with a matching hat and a penguin hand puppet matching his outfit. He looks at the camera and the puppets eyes glowing red.::: "Mr Flibble is very cross. Because you haven't been watching enough MOANS." :::The puppet is moved over to where his ear would be, it's mouth moves without a sound being picked up by the microphones. He looks up at the camera and begins to talk again.::: "Mr Flibble say your punishment is one hour WOO. Which means "With out Oxygen". :::Then he starts laughing and the screen goes back to the former programming after the entire audience is bathed in a funky sort of light.:::

HH....FIE

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”