A Hero By Any Other Name...!

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Gallahan
Adventurer

A Hero By Any Other Name...!

Unread post by Gallahan »

Since most of us who play superhero games create our own heroes, what are some of the cool names you've come up with?

Let's have some NOMENCLATURE. Include a brief description of his/her abilities and design motif. Keep in mind that your superhero description does not need to fall into any particular game system/mechanics. Just keep it kinda generic so we can have fun, then if someone wants specifics, go from there.

Here's an example of one of mine:

SUPER HERO NAME: The Grovesman
ORIGINAL NAME: Talius Hinterland
PRIMARY POWER/ABILITY: He commands plant life, like Aquaman commands sea creatures. In a forest, he's practically a god. In a city environment, he commands any nearby flora/foliage.
PERSONALITY: Stoic, sometimes grim (imagine Batman meets Robinhood)
MOTIVATION: Protect Mother Nature and the environment; keeping a good balance between the advance of civilization and the negative effects of wilderness expansionism

Okay, mine is a bit of a Palladium Fantasy meets Heroes Unlimited hybrid, but it works in my campaign. So, use the below template:

SUPER HERO NAME:
ORIGINAL NAME:
PRIMARYPOWER/ABILITY:
SECONDARY POWER/ABILITY:
PERSONALITY:
MOTIVATION:

---or just describe your super hero any way you want, keeping these qualities in mind. Let's see what's out there!!
8-)
"Coincidence is a glimpse into a pattern otherwise hidden."
"We live in a world of secrets. Where those secrets intersect, people die."

Unread post by Guest »

SUPER HERO NAME: Wise Asss Sage
ORIGINAL NAME: Unknown
PRIMARYPOWER/ABILITY: Ancient Master
SECONDARY POWER/ABILITY: Sarcastic Remarks
PERSONALITY: WAS is known for showing up and saying very little, being generally unhelpful, and otherwise a nuisance, until the crunch comes, wherein he makes a single decisive action and then goes back to drinking.
MOTIVATION: Annoying people, partying, and sometimes helping the forces of good.

Note: Yes, there are three 's's in his middle name.
Uncle Servo
Champion

Re: A Hero By Any Other Name...!

Unread post by Uncle Servo »

Gallahan wrote:Since most of us who play superhero games create our own heroes, what are some of the cool names you've come up with?

Let's have some NOMENCLATURE. Include a brief description of his/her abilities and design motif. Keep in mind that your superhero description does not need to fall into any particular game system/mechanics. Just keep it kinda generic so we can have fun, then if someone wants specifics, go from there.

Here's an example of one of mine:

SUPER HERO NAME: The Grovesman
ORIGINAL NAME: Talius Hinterland
PRIMARY POWER/ABILITY: He commands plant life, like Aquaman commands sea creatures. In a forest, he's practically a god. In a city environment, he commands any nearby flora/foliage.
PERSONALITY: Stoic, sometimes grim (imagine Batman meets Robinhood)
MOTIVATION: Protect Mother Nature and the environment; keeping a good balance between the advance of civilization and the negative effects of wilderness expansionism

Okay, mine is a bit of a Palladium Fantasy meets Heroes Unlimited hybrid, but it works in my campaign. So, use the below template:

SUPER HERO NAME:
ORIGINAL NAME:
PRIMARYPOWER/ABILITY:
SECONDARY POWER/ABILITY:
PERSONALITY:
MOTIVATION:

---or just describe your super hero any way you want, keeping these qualities in mind. Let's see what's out there!!
8-)

Alright, I have a couple...

SUPER HERO NAME: The Prowler
ORIGINAL NAME: William Blake
PRIMARYPOWER/ABILITY: Animal Abilities -- Big Cat
SECONDARY POWER/ABILITY: Heightened Sense of Hearing, Heightened Sense of Smell, Wingless Flight (essentially a flying tiger)
PERSONALITY: Curious to a fault.
MOTIVATION: Curiosity with a noble streak.

The first person to spot the pun gets 100 well-read geek points.

SUPER HERO NAME: Warhawk
ORIGINAL NAME: James Ford
PRIMARYPOWER/ABILITY: APS Metal
SECONDARY POWER/ABILITY: Mega-Wings
PERSONALITY: Aloof, serious, purpose-driven.
MOTIVATION: Bring justice to the lawless, hope to the hopeless, and a can of whoop-@$$ to those who'd harm innocents.
My Artwork Samples Set on Deviant Art
Hi! I'm Danger, but today I'll be Uncle Servo's Sock Puppet. -- Danger
US <Uncle> saves the day again. -- RockJock
And Servo has engineered another good idea. -- Sentinel
Warpig
Wanderer

Unread post by Warpig »

This character is basically 75% Colosuss and 25% Wolverine by personality and powers/appearance. He's a mutant (2major, 2minor powers) and b/c I couldnt think of what to make his final minor power I decided to let it sit until myself or the gm come up with something that would be the most useful. please any suggestions would be nice (I would like to avoid flying powers please).

SUPER HERO NAME: Gladiator
ORIGINAL NAME: Axel Schaefer
PRIMARYPOWER/ABILITY: Bio-Armor, Superhuman PS
SECONDARY POWER/ABILITY: Extraordinary PE, (one more minor power still to manifest)
PERSONALITY: Tough Guy, cocky and self-reliant but can be vengeful, selfless and overprotective of others
MOTIVATION: feels responsible/dutiful to his friends and therefore he is usually aggravated and cynical in behaviour with a sarcastic rye humor.
Narsis
Explorer

Unread post by Narsis »

I just created my guy a few hours ago. He is still with out a Super Hero Name. Just received his powers a few weeks ago when he answered an ad in the newspaper for volunteers to try out unapproved drugs (needed money for school). Who would have thought he would have woke up with a tail and horns. Not to mention being able to control machines and peoples weight.

Super Hero Name: ???
Original Name: Lucien Moteral
PRIMARYPOWER/ABILITY: Mechano-Link
SECONDARY POWER/ABILITY: Weight Manipulation
PERSONALITY: Depressed, unsure of self and tends to hide when ever possible due to small horns on his forehead and the 7 foot long devil like tail.
MOTIVATION: Just wants to learn how to use and then master his new gifts. Sees that being able to merge with machines could be really cool and being able to control peoples weight could possible get him a date and just maybe help him defeat the school bully.

any suggestions for Super Hero Name?
Grimtooth is in charge of Dungeon construction in my games. Proceed with caution!

Link to The Rider RCC I created
viewtopic.php?t=83158
Uncle Servo
Champion

Unread post by Uncle Servo »

el magico -- darklorddc wrote:Super Villian Name: Mass Driver
Powers: APS: Metal, Growth, Negative Matter. (yes I allow them to be used together)
Signature attack....she turns to metal grows to her max height of 70 feet, so her weight is increased by her size, then it's quadrupled by her metal form...then she kicks on the negative matter field and WHAM! Like a little nuke went off....or like that globe of destruction from Akira.
She has a brother named Gestalt who has weight manipulation and intangibility. He increases her weight to the max for maximum destruction.
They're extortionists. If you don't put x amount of money in this or that swiss bank account by midnight they'll perform their little trick in a crowded area of one of your cities.
They also hire out to supervillian teams and freelanced for Fabricator's Inc.

I can just see a scenario in which some smart-alec PC encounters her when she's 70 feet tall: "So, just how long does it take to shave those legs?" :lol:

Hope that guy has Intangibility or Invulnerability -- he's gonna need it.
My Artwork Samples Set on Deviant Art
Hi! I'm Danger, but today I'll be Uncle Servo's Sock Puppet. -- Danger
US <Uncle> saves the day again. -- RockJock
And Servo has engineered another good idea. -- Sentinel
sinestus
Adventurer

Unread post by sinestus »

tho i've done alot.. here are the ones i'm most proud of

Legasy
one of the oldest super heroes of Thors Gate, the Legasy seems to display use of a number of special gadgets and showing an excellent skill with firearms (specializing in a custom 4-barreled sawed-off shotgun)...
in reality (tho my players never found out) the Legasy is actually L.E.G.A.S.Y. an organization of lesser-powered heroes who decided it was better for the city to have a single face of good in the night than hundreds of voices. Members of the organization are recruited young, after their powers manifest but before they put on the tights. Once recruited, they are trained in arts of stealth and team tactics so they can approach almost any incidents and only reveal one team member at a time. Often, Legasy squads will elect a single team member to play the "front man" and all others support from the shadows as much as possible to avoid detection.
All Legasy members are equipped with the same armor and equipment, and physical regiments are strict to keep the appearances in costume as uniform as possible. No members of the Legasy teams have powers which would break the standard image forged over the years, but many have custom bits of equipment (such as energy expulsion users) which allow it to appear as a super-gadget of some kind.

my other personal favorite was

Agent 6
Jules Riley was a former MI-6 Agent, but according to the comic, he was hired into a covert company calling itself the Dynamic Agency for Mankind's Defense. Working for the DAMD, Riley traverses the world putting down would-be dictators and super-criminals who threaten the peace of the world.
In reality, Blackscope Comics picked up Jules Riley after he was discharged from MI-6 for refusing to train others in the martial arts techniques which allow him to destroy even tanks with his bare fists (Jules uses the basic Mega Hero template atop the Secret Agent power base, but only gets the Supernatural Strength when striking something). To pay the rent, Jules acts like any other MI-6 but is left to rely on his own personal contacts and resources of Blackscope Comics when tracking down evil to fight. In addition to the few gadgets Jules smuggled out of MI-6 when he left, he is also equipped with a fair amount of concealed recording equiment so the comic artists and writers have accurate records of his exploits. Currently, Jules has been forced to take a vacation from the comics industry when the "Devious Trio," a villain team he helped defeat in the US began a lawsuit against Blackscope comics over likeness rights.
I believe Socrates said it best at, "I drank what?"

"JESUS SAVES! The rest of you take full damage."

They call me Hadoken 'cause I'm down-right fierce.
Snowtiger
Adventurer

Unread post by Snowtiger »

These are just ones I threw together while reading the thread:

SUPER HERO NAME: Wyldfyre
ORIGINAL NAME: Martin Shales
PRIMARY POWER/ABILITY: APS: Fire, Wingless Flight
SECONDARY POWER/ABILITY: None
PERSONALITY: Wild and rowdy, almost crazy at times.
MOTIVATION: Having fun, no matter what, sometimes with dire consequences.

SUPER HERO NAME: Winterwolf
ORIGINAL NAME: Nadia Robelev
PRIMARY POWER/ABILITY: Lycantrophy: Wolf
SECONDARY POWER/ABILITY: Energy Expulsion: Cold
RESTRICTION: Must physically transform into Wolf, or Half-Wolf form to use secondary powers.
PERSONALITY: Cunning, courageous, level-headed, some would say brave.
MOTIVATION: Fighting for the greater good.
"Gonna be sore in the mornin'."
- Hellboy, right after the boss fight scene, after getting up again.

"Never tempt the predator into a bloodlust."
- Snowtiger

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”