Remastered Extended DVDs?

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gordyzx9r
Hero

Remastered Extended DVDs?

Unread post by gordyzx9r »

Okay, so I was all happy with my Robotech...I've got prisitine examples of each book...I've got all seven boxed DVD sets...and today I see (and buy) Remastered Extended DVDs 03/04 (it came with a goofy little Veritech model). What have they done to remaster & extend that makes it worth it?
"Select the facts and you manipulate the truth!" - Calvin & Hobbes
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

some new scenes (not many or long, but a few), "better" sound, clearer images, ect.

personally i'm kinda ticked, HG promised they wouldn't do something like this, and i bought the original DVD's. then they turn around and go lotR on us and release a "special edition". :x

so its either make do with low quality, or spend another fortune.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

dont bother with the "Remastered"
Since i knew LOTR was goin to put out a "Sepecial" edition, i waited to buy them.
Screw HG & ADV's Remastred crap.
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Lt. Holmes
Adventurer

Unread post by Lt. Holmes »

One thing I like is that the Remastered boxsets come with 5.1 audio. I do so love my home theater system :D
Cyclone
Explorer

Unread post by Cyclone »

But the 5.1 track suffers from IMO the worst sin possible, altered sound effects, and makes it al but unwatchable for me.
Lt. Holmes
Adventurer

Unread post by Lt. Holmes »

Since I've only seen the Remastered Macross saga, I will grant you that the altered sound effects are pretty silly, but they come across as alright on their own merits when I crank my subwoofer up :D
Hav0k
Wanderer

Unread post by Hav0k »

Now comes my own question.

I am FINALLY able to buy the series in DVD, but now I dont know what to buy.

Original Boxed set?
Remastered Extended Boxed set?

I was thinking about the original set, because each set comes with an additional DVD with extras... that is 7 DVDs with extra material!

But now, the remastered seems great, since the animation looks much better, has spanish language included, and now includes 5.1 sound!! (I also like home theaters.. hehe 8-) )

Any thoughts or suggestions from you guys?

Thanks
*OMNIA MUTANTUR*
-Hav0k-
Rimmer
Adventurer

Unread post by Rimmer »

There are a few differing formats for these DVD's, the first is as single DVD's, buying individually costs more, nothing speacial about them anyway so don't bother, second is as 7 box sets, 3 for macross, 2 for SC and 2 for invid. each box has 2 dvd's plus one dvd of speacial features, this is the most prfered way of buying this set. Third is 3 big box sets, macross, sc and invid, saves space on the shelf, usually a little cheaper, good if your not worried about speacial features. and lastly, the remastered sets, better sound and cleaner visuals, the set is like the 7 box sets but without the speacial features.

The second option seems to be thee most popoular, at least thats the one i would buy, or just wait a few months, they are bound to realese the remastered speacial collecters edition or something stupid like that.
I let my wife play rifts once....................she shot me in the back of the head with a naruni plasma pistol, gaffa taped a type 4 fusion block to my nether regions, and kicked my ass off the apc travelling at 100 MPH

gimme a break, my pc is a playa, not me.

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”