NanoTech Spec Ops

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Stormseed
Explorer

Unread post by Stormseed »

I'm still waiting for a nanotech-empowered character class; I haven't seen one in any of the books I have.
Dr. Doom III
Knight

Unread post by Dr. Doom III »

Isn't nano-technology supposed to be one of the lost super sciences from the time before Rifts and Robot Medical Kits be one of the few that people still know how to make?
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
***Posting of articles does not imply endorsement of such***
Temporalmage
Hero

Unread post by Temporalmage »

Dr. Doom III wrote:Isn't nano-technology supposed to be one of the lost super sciences from the time before Rifts and Robot Medical Kits be one of the few that people still know how to make?

Kinda sorta...the books do say that such things as bionics/cybernetics, MOM implants, Juicer conversions, and even such things as the Glitterboy armor are all possible due to nano-tech. I'm sure there are others I've forgotten. The probable reasoning for this tech to still be around is explained in one of the books. Somthing about all the tech that was lost, and the tech that was saved was that tech that would help peaple stay alive in such a dangerous world as rifts became...yada yada yada.
Boils down to "weapons are cool, and we can't think of the billions of possibilities that nano-technology would open up so lets say that it's mostly lost." You know the shtick. :(
http://world8.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=190003553
And TemporalMage went to the last page, Refusing to follow the trend." Ode to the Teleport Thread by The Fifth Business
And remember, "Book, Page number, and Quote", not, "Proclaim, Posture, and Belittle all those who think otherwise". Dead Boy

Return to “Rifts®”