WHO WROTE THIS!?!?!?

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Drakenred®™©
Champion

Re: WHO WROTE THIS!?!?!?

Unread post by Drakenred®™© »

Lt Col Andy Reddson wrote:
Unknown wrote:Of my own personal recollections, I remember seeing a squadron of T’sentraedi Male Power Armor torsos, complete with arms and chest cannon, mounted on 'Black Knight' and T-94 MBT hulls, in the fragmented regions of the Ukraine... Where the shoulder mounted cannon were not available, the local militia improvised with a number of Katyusha-style calliope rocket racks... Not the fastest 'Mecha' available, but the crews of some of them had gotten quite adept at using the arms to knuckle walk the tanks out of bad ground conditions, erect camouflage nets in a hurry, and cable-pull themselves up steep embankments... 'Crabs' were less common in R.D.F. and E.B.S.I.S service, where spare parts for crippled machines were more readily available (or the machines simply cannibalized for use on other Mecha), but a few improvise 'mechanized load lifters' were used in some remote areas, especially as newer designs were deployed, and logistical support for older models discontinued...

WHO WROTE THIS!?!?!?

Dont look at me, I would have made a lot more typoes
冠双
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

Zerebus wrote:Uh...... Jack McKinney?

Jack McKinney wrote about the EBSIS? No this is most defiantly Andy's work. Notice the blatant use of hybrid mecha and the irroneous spelling of Zentreadi?
Last edited by Hystrix on Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hystrix, the Post Killer, Destroyer of Threads
Hystrix
Champion

Re: WHO WROTE THIS!?!?!?

Unread post by Hystrix »

Unknown wrote: 'Crabs' were less common in R.D.F. and E.B.S.I.S service

Thank goodness for jock itch cream! :lol:
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

err.....That would be my erroneous spelling, and my work....
I'm afraid I was inspired by some old Gundam kibashes and Zaku prototypes, and figured that it would be a decent battlefield-salvage mod for mecha-strapped regional Earth governments.... :-)
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

Zerebus wrote:
Hystrix wrote:and the irroneous spelling of Zentreadi?

What about the erroneous spelling of erroneous?

Oops! My bad! :oops:

His spelling of Zentraedi comes from a handful of the rarer Robotech comics (if not the Malcontent Uprisings novels), so I wouldn't necessarily call it erroneous.

Meh, if you say so. I find it mildly annoying. Espessially when he corrects the spelling of Zentreadi...
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

Zerebus wrote:
Hystrix wrote:Meh, if you say so. I find it mildly annoying. Especially when he corrects the spelling of Zentraedi...

Actually, the correcting of the spelling of Zentraedi to T'sentradi and being quite obstinant about it also comes from the aforementioned obscure Robotech comics... I just wish I could remember which one. I'm well versed in my Robotech lore (pre-HG recanonization), but I stink with remembering the titles of the various comics and novels I've read...

Bah, just ignore it all and spell it ゼントラーディ (zentoraddei), then you can act superior to all the non-Japanese speaking fans :D
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

Zerebus wrote:
Hystrix wrote:Meh, if you say so. I find it mildly annoying. Especially when he corrects the spelling of Zentraedi...

Actually, the correcting of the spelling of Zentraedi to T'sentradi and being quite obstinant about it also comes from the aforementioned obscure Robotech comics... I just wish I could remember which one. I'm well versed in my Robotech lore (pre-HG recanonization), but I stink with remembering the titles of the various comics and novels I've read...

OK. I mentioned before I thought the way Andy spelled Zentraedi is silly. However I would like to point out that he dose it on purpose. I, on the other hand am dsylexic. Also, I don't try to correct anyone elses grammer or spelling. So lay off the spelling corrections...
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

If you're asking about signature images, I'm not sure, they've been a tad glitchy since the last forum upgrade. Only thing I can think of is that your profile might be set to not display signature images...

taalismn
Priest

Lt Col Andy Reddson wrote:OH YA??? OH YA??? WELL I GOT SOMETHING TO SAY ABOUT THAT!!!

And while you're at it, you can thank Corsairus for telling me what a Catush... Kitash... A Stalin Gun is, that's what you can do!!!

That, felt GOOD...

And for the off-topic matter of spelling. I'm not changing it. I spell it as pronounced. Don't like it? TOUGH. As for me writing it- Uh, have I EVER broached Ruski tech? Or T'sentraedi Moddies (other than the TBP Z-1 Moddy)? NO. If you want, I could. (Just keep it up, and I will.)

Okay...let's hear whay ya got.....

As for spelling...Don't worry about it....'Katyusha'(aka also 'Stalin's Organs'(from their racked pipes and sound)), like 'T'sentraedi', is a rough-guess anglo-conversion of a language that doesn't use the same alphabet....I admit to freely using 'T'sentraedi' to suggest a native speaker of the Zentraedi language...an attempt to force the microns to be more considerate of the proud heritage of the Zentraedi people(of course, the females will vehemently assert that they are Meltraedi, rather than be placed under the same general term 'Zentraedi'---much as an Aleut or Inuit may take offense at being called an 'Eskimo'....thus adding a bit more cultural flavor to the text...I draw the line at using the terms 'Zentran' or 'Meltran', suggesting the slightly different later-generation Marduk creations of the Macross II continua....
Though at the time that I first read the use of 'T'sentraedi', I thought it was human slang abbreviation for 'THE Zentraedi'
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Gaius
Supreme Being

Unread post by Gaius »

Why is it that every time I wander over to the Robotech boards, you guys are fighting over how to spell something? :wink:

Gaius
Strange, we ran down desparate streets and carved our names in the flesh of the city. The sun has stagnated somewhere beyond the rim of the horizon and the darkness is a mystery of curves and lines. Still, we lay under the emptiness and drifted slowly outward, and somewhere in the wilderness we found salvation scratched into the earth like a message.
LDMcFear™
Explorer

Unread post by LDMcFear™ »

Tinker Dragoon wrote:If you're asking about signature images, I'm not sure, they've been a tad glitchy since the last forum upgrade. Only thing I can think of is that your profile might be set to not display signature images...

It is.

Zerebus wrote:With just a cursory look, I can see that his image link doesn't end in a true image file. This version of the forum probably requires a standard jpg, gif, or similar file.

(*multiple expletives*) And it worked in the pm I sent myself to test it... (*more expletives*)

taalismn wrote:Okay...let's hear whay ya got...

Uh, ya... See, my comment was a apir of flags, BRAVO ZULU. Flag code, means "Job Well Done" (actually, just "Well done", but nevermind that).

taalismn wrote:As for spelling...Don't worry about it....'Katyusha'(aka also 'Stalin's Organs'(from their racked pipes and sound)), like 'T'sentraedi', is a rough-guess anglo-conversion of a language that doesn't use the same alphabet... I admit to freely using 'T'sentraedi' to suggest a native speaker of the Zentraedi language... An attempt to force the microns to be more considerate of the proud heritage of the Zentraedi people (of course, the females will vehemently assert that they are Meltraedi, rather than be placed under the same general term 'Zentraedi'---much as an Aleut or Inuit may take offense at being called an 'Eskimo'... Thus adding a bit more cultural flavor to the text...
taalismn wrote:
You know, I don't trip that Humans spell- AND SAY- It wrong. Doesn't really effect the price of gimno in K'radrd. What I do trip on is those who, either through ignorance or arrogance (though to date I've never seen one who didn't do it through both) INSIST that it's spelled wrong, which actually it is, but it's closer the Z version. (The "T" is short and sharp, and rolled over by the "Z/S" sound, for all who care and a few who don't.)

For the most part, the females around Micronians don't trip on the T'sentradi/Meltran thing, though out of sight of them, T'sen, secure for rough seas if you breech that taboo!:lol:

Well how is it Written in the damn book?
Janus
Dungeon Crawler
Location: If there is a bright center to the universe then I am in Uranus

Unread post by Janus »

Gaius wrote:Why is it that every time I wander over to the Robotech boards, you guys are fighting over how to spell something? :wink:

Gaius

Because this is America and everyone has to be in agreance with everyone else in order to keep the peace. Frankly we all know what he is saying so really it is no big deal, seeing as he is not going to change. As for how Harmony Gold or whomever wants it spelled, Idaresay that until one of them decides to come to my house and play in one of my game sI will spelll and or do things my way. Even if it includes playing the sentinnels as if the shows had aired and the Mckinney books were still canon.
There is always a 5%chance of anything happening...even a monkey can crawl out of your butt.

Flamethrowers, that's what we need. The army has them, why can't we have them too?

I am the King of Thoughtless Wishing.

I nominate you for Fan Defensive Lineman of the year. - Geronimo 2.0
LDMcFear™
Explorer

Well how is it Written in the damn book?
LDMcFear™
Explorer

Zerebus wrote:
LDMcFear™ wrote:Well how is it Written in the damn book?

WHICH damn book?!?! :lol:

ALL the ROBOTECH books, I mean are they Consistent with there spelling or do they all spell it differently?
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

McKinney usually uses the Z in his novels. In the later novels, when T'sentraedi characters address each other they use T'sendraedi. Human characters still use the Z though.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
taalismn
Priest

Jefffar wrote:McKinney usually uses the Z in his novels. In the later novels, when T'sentraedi characters address each other they use T'sendraedi. Human characters still use the Z though.

The difference in usage only really becomes an issue between drunken xenolinguists and/or Robotech otaku.... :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Alright that's enough arguing about the correct spelling of ゼントラーディ, now let's get back to the topic :p

Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

Tinker Dragoon wrote:Alright that's enough arguing about the correct spelling of ゼントラーディ, now let's get back to the topic :p

Damn you TM ... I wish I could pull the same trick :-P
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
taalismn
Priest

RIGHT!!! SPEAKING OF WHICH! Erm...:-? What WAS the original subject again... OH, RIGHT THEN! Taalismn, BRAVO ZULU! But don't get used to me complimenting you, either! Right, cause I'm a jerk. Right...

Erm... Ya.

Compliment accepted....You're not a jerk...
JUST VERY ENTHUSIASTIC!!!!!!!!!!
(Either that, or you've been standing too close to a MACII during its main cannon firing sequences)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

Tinker Dragoon wrote:Alright that's enough arguing about the correct spelling of (a bunch of boxes...), now let's get back to the topic :p

RIGHT!!! SPEAKING OF WHICH! Erm...:-? What WAS the original subject again... OH, RIGHT THEN! Taalismn, BRAVO ZULU! But don't get used to me complimenting you, either! Right, cause I'm a jerk. Right...

Erm... Ya.

No but you can be rather arrogant on occasion
suncrush3r
D-Bee

not again

Unread post by suncrush3r »

T’sentraedi vs Zentraedi

I hate this debate...
majã lé huntas - unknown ancient quote

Orkses is never defeated in battle. If we win, we win, if we die then we'z dead so it don't count. An' if we runs away it still don't count, 'cuz we can come back tomorrer for annuver go, see? - anon
Gaius
Supreme Being

Unread post by Gaius »

Dude, if any one of you flags another post about how to properly spell whatever the hell it is your arguing over, I will use every means at my disposal to bring this house of cards crashing to the ground. No more arguments over such trivial crap. Understood? Good lord.

Gaius
Strange, we ran down desparate streets and carved our names in the flesh of the city. The sun has stagnated somewhere beyond the rim of the horizon and the darkness is a mystery of curves and lines. Still, we lay under the emptiness and drifted slowly outward, and somewhere in the wilderness we found salvation scratched into the earth like a message.
Gaius
Supreme Being

Unread post by Gaius »

You're the one who continues to make it an issue, Andy. Thread locked.

Gaius

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”