Maximum Weight Allowence Opinion/Input for Veritechs

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Pro Munchy

Maximum Weight Allowence Opinion/Input for Veritechs

Unread post by Pro Munchy »

Okay, I have a dilemma with my Co-GM about maximum weight allowences for Veritechs and how much they can carry whether ordinance or extra armor plating and still fly in Robotch Macross setting.

Now I've noticed it says as much as 30% but I have even seen more armor plating then that above the normal MDC on some Mecha in the books!

Now I'm not talking about the the Battloid Veritech for extra armor plating I'm talking about adding on extra armor plating to a Veritech like more along the lines of the SAP Veritech, but either on a standard or the Super Veritech which already has some extra armor plating.

I was curious how other GM's handle such situations on the weight armor plating issue.

Thanks
Pro M
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Uhm, the SAP is basically the Super Veritech of another generation.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Unread post by Rabid Southern Cross Fan »

Uh yea....and the VF-1s cannot use the FAST Pack/Super Armor in atmosphere anyway. They also can only mount medium or short range missiles on their hardpoints (weight restrictions plus simple physics).
Pro Munchy

Well thanks all far for all and any input so far!

My Co-GM has found some somewhat useful infromation on the real Tom Cat
and can carry some almost 10 tons of ordinance. So whether weapons or extra armor plating 10 tons would be about the max. without tweaking the current systems.

But if anyone still has input whether good or bad by all means let loose!

Thanks Pro M
Janus
Dungeon Crawler
Location: If there is a bright center to the universe then I am in Uranus

Unread post by Janus »

Ok, I do not have my books in front of me, but does it say in the RPG that the fast packs cannot be used in atmosphere?
There is always a 5%chance of anything happening...even a monkey can crawl out of your butt.

Flamethrowers, that's what we need. The army has them, why can't we have them too?

I am the King of Thoughtless Wishing.

I nominate you for Fan Defensive Lineman of the year. - Geronimo 2.0
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Nowhere in the RPG, just apply some common sense and look at the more technically minded RT websites.

The pods are un-aerodynamic as micheal moore in a toga.

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Janus
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Janus »

They would not apply enough thrust to overcome this? Not that it matters it does seem as if they would not be able to operate in atmosphere. I was just wondering if it was covered in the RPG. Never used them in atmosphere, just felt dirty doing so.
There is always a 5%chance of anything happening...even a monkey can crawl out of your butt.

Flamethrowers, that's what we need. The army has them, why can't we have them too?

Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

Drag is one of those fun thigns that increase exponentially with speed. While the thrusters might have producedenough force to lift the Super VT off the planet, I doubt they would produce enough thrust to overcome the drag penalties the Super VT would incurr. It could probably have still flown, but I doubt it would manouvre well or reliably break the sound barrier.

Pro Munchy

Lt Col Andy Reddson wrote:I know Rifts conversion book (ducks) has some stats on adding armor. I THINK it said 1ØØ MDC is the limit, but I cant be totally sure.

Beyond that, you mention the F-14 Tomcat can carry up to 10 tons; You should be easily able to extrapolate if a Veritech CAN carry extra armor using the armor stats section of Mutants In Orbit (ducks again).

Actually it's 200 MDC for large robotic vehicles, list it in the GM Guide and New West Books. But that still leaves the dilema of how much weight 300 MDC is and whether the Veritech could fly with it.
Janus
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Janus »

Jefffar wrote:Drag is one of those fun thigns that increase exponentially with speed. While the thrusters might have producedenough force to lift the Super VT off the planet, I doubt they would produce enough thrust to overcome the drag penalties the Super VT would incurr. It could probably have still flown, but I doubt it would manouvre well or reliably break the sound barrier.

Yeah kind of what I thought. Apart from common sense I was just wondering if I had glossed over that in the RPG.

Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

In the cartoon, Rick jettisons his booster gear before or in the early stages of a re-entry

Pro Munchy

well, it also says under the S. Veritech that you must jettison them before reentry because of air drag.
Janus
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Janus »

Ah, so it does say that the boosters need to be dropped to re-enter atmosphere. That would be a good enough "you cannot use them" argument for me. Sorry, but I do not remeber reading them from way back and since I am in the middle of a huge project they (the books) are still packed up.

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”