Fantastic Comebacks

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Roke

Unread post by Roke »

earlier in the same game(that otto mentioned) we were in a battle against 2 mages, a borg, and other miscellaneous enemies in power armors. we had defeated most of their forces, but there was still a mage left that was destroying us. the majority of our group was near dead; my character was healthy, but completely blinded. i managed to roll a natural 20 on a paired sword strike and sliced the mage into quarters, barely saving the group. if it hadn't been for that roll, we would have all probably died.
MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

..In my Rifts game, the main PC has been separated from his squad and thrown into another squad as point man. They find their quary in an ancient mall in the ruins of KC, and he barrels in with his fire-breather, followed by another PC, a sniper from the other unit. The rest of that unit are chicken and stay outside.

..When they go in the lead badguy shoots at them with his Plasma Rifle, missing them both but hitting the Medic outside square in the chest plate.

..(It's 101 PA and my MDC to SDC ratio is 1 to 5, with every 10 points that impact the armor doing 1 SDC to the wearer).

..The main PC begins simuling ever attack leveled at them, having his armor whittled down to nothing and then finally blown off, inflicting half his SDC in damage.

..Despite the pain penalties he drops a couple of smoke grenades and charges out, where the medic has removed his chest plate to "bandage his wound" (the 2 SDC the wuss).

..Without missing a beat the PC dons the armor (light with only half it's MDC), pulls his crappy C-18 and a captured Pump Pistol, and with paired weapons re-enters the building and proceeds to finish off the 7 baddies single handedly, leaving him with only half his hit points left over.

..At character creation he had chosen not to roll on the Psionics table, but I offered it again for good playing and heavy trauma. He rolled an 18, and as he collapsed outside he spontaneously developed Deaden Pain and Bio-Regeneration (perfect since it will allow them to get the other half of the baddies without having to medivac his character in the next session).

-Mike >8]
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."

Return to “Rifts®”