I had no idea... What happened? No more Robotech books?

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Re: I had no idea... What happened? No more Robotech books?

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

You're several years behind the times :p

When it came time for Palladium to renew the license years ago, they opted not to for whatever reason. Rumor has it that Harmony Gold placed too many demands and conditions on the license, but I can neither confirm nor deny this.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

its been over a decade since they produced any new books for the setting. only around 3-4 years since they dropped it.

feels longer.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

current status of HG? bout the same as ever.

they've been promising a new show for the last 3-4 years, have gone through 2-3 version so far, with no results. keep increasing the cost of product licensing, while demanding more control over what can be done and a stop on new developments until the new show is out (part of the reason PB dropped the license. cost more, but was not allowed to produce much of any new books until a vague 'future time'.)

they have been rewriting the "CANON" of robotech, claiming that they will be streamlining the many different timelines created by the show, books, comics, and games, only to totally muddle up the waters with inclusion of OSM material from the 3 parts thats no longer supported by the shows new form, having a rather dumb timeline writer who cant read visual time cues at all (episodes that obviously occur only a few minutes or hours from each other are put as happnning months apart, and episodes that occur months apart have been shoehorned togeather as happening only a few days apart. i have a hard time beleiving that it took rick, minmei and kyle a month to travel from the carrier arm to the resteraunt. and the first meeting wth ambassidor exedor must have been heck, since by the new HG timeline it lasted all of week between his arival on the ship and dolza telling breetai the grand fleet was coming.)

they are still milking the Macross cashcow, with models, figures and comics galore. after promising they would never pull a lord of the rings and create "special edition" versions of the DVDs, they now have done just that with these Re-mastered versions. now all of us fans who picked up the first DVDs they released will have to get an all new set. :x :x :x do they think we're made of money? :x

sorry if i'm really bitter, but every year i find HG to be more and more exasperating.

first they kill my unseen mechs in battletech, then they kill the Robotech RPG, and now their killing the show while trying to save it.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Pax Concord
D-Bee

Unread post by Pax Concord »

Shadow_otm wrote:Well, I've only recently been looking at Palladium's site and I was never in posession of any of their books until I picked up the first Robotech book this year. I really had little way of knowing. ^^;;

Don't panic. I'm sure that you can pick up the old Palladium books second-hand. They covered everything pretty well by the time they stopped writing new books, IMO. They managed to cover every important time-period and nearly every region of the world, along with a bunch of Sentinels-related stuff. Enough to keep a gamer busy for years, anyway.
-Pax

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”