After Khyron's Suicide Run

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Pro Munchy

After Khyron's Suicide Run

Unread post by Pro Munchy »

Is there any mention as to what happens in the first year or two "storyline wise" right after Khyron's suicide run into SDF I and kills himself and Rick Hunter goes into space on his new mission.
Pro Munchy

Lt Col Andy Reddson wrote:Mostly it's chasing down malconts is South America, rebs and traitors in Africa, and gearing up for the expected Tirol mission and hand-over to Leonard and his cronies. There was the RDF uprising, but that matter got settled quickly and was only about a year or so before the "Masters" arrived.

Thanks, I was trying to get something together for a setting and that info was perfect.
Pro Munchy

Re: After Khyron's Suicide Run

Tetsuya wrote:
Pro Munchy wrote:Is there any mention as to what happens in the first year or two "storyline wise" right after Khyron's suicide run into SDF I and kills himself and Rick Hunter goes into space on his new mission.

please better define what sense you are asking this question in.

Are we talking the original storyline?
expanded stuff (like the comics?)
the RPG storyline?

in most cases, for the years directly following Khyron's attack (your question pertaining to the "first year or two" after), very little changes at all. RDF moves out of the ruins of Macross City, and into several larger bases nearby, including RDF Yellowstone, which later becomes part of the Monument City complext (ten or so years down the road). Other than that, it is pretty much business as usual: the RDF focuses on reconstruction and guarding the peace, and begins to set up the ZCZ (Zentraedi Control Zone) in South America. At this point, the world government (or what is left of it) does not have plans regarding the Masters yet, so none of that has started. Remember, there are nearly 14 years between the end of the Macross-era TV series and the launch of Pioneer Mission, this stuff didnt happen overnight.

Okay, story line wise I mean what happened in the RPG sense I'm trying to set up a setting for a Robotech RPG game and need some ideas on where to go with it obviously the cartoon series don't go into the time from once Khyron died and the return masters, there was a lot of time between those two.
Pro Munchy

What I really need to know is were there still skirmishes with the Zentraedi, bandits, etc. within a year or two after khyron's death.

Thx's
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

RPG:

an uprising in the Zentreadi control zone, a mad RDF general trying to take over africa, Zaria arming the asian zents.

Novels:
an uprising in the Zentreadi control zone, as an all female band of renegade zents creates "Stinger" patchwork mecha for all the renegade bands, the renegade bands having formed due to Governer Leonards and the early Southern Cross's inhuman treatment of the south american zents. also the zent run arkansas protectorate UEG troops force micronization on the zents, under orders from the Xenophobic UEG ruling council.

show: nothing official.

Comics: see novels, only differences are the result of Mckinney forcing the material to work with his "shapings" meta-plot and his concept of protoculture as a "mystical-force" set up in the novels.

as you can see, the zents rebelling is a common thread, just choose your version. :D
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Unread post by Rabid Southern Cross Fan »

Well...first thing to remember is that the in the Tv series, The Army of the Southern Cross was already in existence and fighting rogue Zentraedi for the UEF by the time of the SDF-1's destruction. This is shown by the fact that Rick listens to a television announcement about "The Southern Cross Group" finding the remains of a downed Zentraedi cruiser in the jungles of South America (eps. #36 To the Stars)

The UEF had already begun building and deploying its newest generation of capital ships before the SDF-1 was blasted. We know this because we see the remains of a battle that took place some 20 lys from Earth in Khyron's Revenge (probably in the Delta Pavonis star system). In the foreground is either a damaged Battle or Banshee-class ship (can't quite tell....it the engines look like those mounted on a Banshee...but it could very well be a Battle). We also know that Major Carpenter's ship, the UES Hannibal was commisioned sometime in 2014 (being as it was destroyed in 2029 and his aide said that the ship had been their home for 15 yrs). Since the Hannibal wasn't the first Tokugawa-class Super Carrier, we can assume that others were commissioned before it.

Given that we see a flying VF-X-4 (we hear jet engine sounds....before it cuts to Rick holding a model of the same), the UEF had already begun a program of developing its newest generation of Veritech Fighters to replace the older VF-1 Valkyries. The VF-1R had already been deployed to fill out the ranks of the depleted VF-1J or maybe as a step between the VF-1A and VF-1J.

Basically, after the destruction of the SDF-1 things began to move apace, as normal, to buildup for the Pioneer Mission. There was a setback with the loss of the SDF-2 (the SDF-1 was said to be a rotting carcass and was going to be chopped up anyway most likely...so no big loss per se).

We can guess from scattered dialogue and visual cues in the later series that....

Space Station Liberty and its sister stations would be removed from the greater Factory Satellite and rehabilitated (as I understand it, HG has picked the Robotech Repair Factory design from The Sentinels to represent SS Liberty and its fellow stations). The space stations we see in Southern Cross and The Invid Invasion (TS 25 and MARS III respectively) would have probably been built at this time and Moon Bases Luna and ALuCE-1 would under construction. The few remaining Oberth's and ARMD Platform(s) would have been retired to either the Auxiliary Fleet or maybe even turned into civilian traffic freeports (ala the Crystal Dreams game). A new Mars Base (and attendant city from the flashback in Eulogy) plus a Jupiter Base would have been constructed.

The field is pretty wide open...with the main stories being the Army of the Southern Cross's baptism of fire in South America and the UEG building and deploying its vast armada of ships (for colonization and scouting of new systems to try and find the homeworld of the Robotech Masters).
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Lt Col Andy Reddson wrote:
glitterboy2098 wrote:As you can see, the zents rebelling is a common thread, just choose your version. :D

EHHH!!! Don't blame the 'traedi's for "all" of the rebellions! We were just muscle for the most part.

And by the way, that rebellion you meantion, down in Brazil, only happened cause Leonard raped a T'sen. (grumble grumble)

i was only commenting on how similar the different storylines are in that period. the reasons, major players, and motives are different, but all 3 timelines have a major Zentreadi rebellion after khyrons attack.

and the revolt in brazil was over lack of food and medicine being given to zents, but the leader of the all female band building the stingers joined because she was raped. so your mostly right.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Pro Munchy

With all this info how can one go wrong for a good RPG setting !!!

Thanks to everybody for there information help and input.
The Artist Formerly
Champion
Comment: Time Magazine's person of the year, 2006.

Unread post by The Artist Formerly »

Pro Munchy wrote:With all this info how can one go wrong for a good RPG setting !!!

Here's the offical bit for Palladium.

Khyron attacks in late december of 2013.

By Febuaray the SDF-1 is being buried for fear of radiation from the wreckage of the ships. New Macross is offically abondoned in favor of near by Monument city. Limited resources leave most of Khyron's lackeys in South America.

In July of 2014, the UEG/UWG reemerges, though several former states don't join, such as the EBSIS. Things are heating up across the globe from both anti-unification groups/states and the Zentraedi.

That's where most reconstruction era games begin. The books that fall in to this time period are

Robotech Book Two, The RDF Manuel.
RDF Accellerate Training Program.
Robotech Book Seven, New World Order (an awesome book)
Robotech Book Eight, Strike Force (this one is even better)
And Robotech, Zentraedi Break Out.
You might want to toss Robotech Book Four, Southern Cross into that as well.

Book two is a little thin on page count, but it's got a lot of resources like EBSIS rebuilds on RDF Mecha and Zentraedi stuff too, which is fun. Plus a few adventure ideas, and some other hardware for you enhance your game with. Plus it's got the time line that I was quoting from and a few maps.

The R.A.T.P. (Training Program) doesn't have alot of hardware or game data, but it's loaded with adventure ideas, and it's one of my favorite books.

Southern Cross lets you mix in ASC mecha as well as the first generation of EBSIS built mecha (their own stuff). Now the EBSIS stuff first showed during the Reconstruction period so it's pretty handy to have. Plus you can toss in Proto-ASC hardware for fun. As a GM, I am a big fan of the ASC battloids for all kinds of back ground duty and nifty proto-type refits.

New World Order is mostly an adventure book. It's got a handful of stuff, but mostly it covers the setting of Reconstruction Era Africa and the rise and fall of the General Zhu Landship adventure. It's a great book full of adventure stuff but it is hardware light and does require other supporting books to be used to it's full effect.

Strike Force is half and half. It's got a big adventure with a bunch of notes for side adventures and spin off stuff, mostly set in S.E. Asia but parts of it travel to South America. It is also LOADED with hardware and new toys to play with. All kinds of cool. And it's by the main man Wanye B. Can NOT go wrong with this book of total AWESOME-ness.

Break Out is mostly an adventure book set in South America. Light on the page count, but pretty decent for what you're getting. The adventure is good, if not awesome like the last two.

Now if you find that the EBSIS is a major villian in your games, and I know I like to use them, then Lancer's Rockers (set after the Invid Invasion) has some pretty useful stuff for them as well. Also, the Return of the Masters (Revised) has some pretty cool stuff, if you're headed down the Armies of the Southern Cross route. A super Logan and a killer Battloid for the ASC.
When I look in the dictionary and see the word Cool...I see Taffy's picture...-Shady Slug
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -Abraham Lincoln
Pro Munchy

The Artist Formerly wrote:
Pro Munchy wrote:With all this info how can one go wrong for a good RPG setting !!!

Here's the offical bit for Palladium.

Khyron attacks in late december of 2013.

By Febuaray the SDF-1 is being buried for fear of radiation from the wreckage of the ships. New Macross is offically abondoned in favor of near by Monument city. Limited resources leave most of Khyron's lackeys in South America.

In July of 2014, the UEG/UWG reemerges, though several former states don't join, such as the EBSIS. Things are heating up across the globe from both anti-unification groups/states and the Zentraedi.

That's where most reconstruction era games begin. The books that fall in to this time period are

Robotech Book Two, The RDF Manuel.
RDF Accellerate Training Program.
Robotech Book Seven, New World Order (an awesome book)
Robotech Book Eight, Strike Force (this one is even better)
And Robotech, Zentraedi Break Out.
You might want to toss Robotech Book Four, Southern Cross into that as well.

Book two is a little thin on page count, but it's got a lot of resources like EBSIS rebuilds on RDF Mecha and Zentraedi stuff too, which is fun. Plus a few adventure ideas, and some other hardware for you enhance your game with. Plus it's got the time line that I was quoting from and a few maps.

The R.A.T.P. (Training Program) doesn't have alot of hardware or game data, but it's loaded with adventure ideas, and it's one of my favorite books.

Southern Cross lets you mix in ASC mecha as well as the first generation of EBSIS built mecha (their own stuff). Now the EBSIS stuff first showed during the Reconstruction period so it's pretty handy to have. Plus you can toss in Proto-ASC hardware for fun. As a GM, I am a big fan of the ASC battloids for all kinds of back ground duty and nifty proto-type refits.

New World Order is mostly an adventure book. It's got a handful of stuff, but mostly it covers the setting of Reconstruction Era Africa and the rise and fall of the General Zhu Landship adventure. It's a great book full of adventure stuff but it is hardware light and does require other supporting books to be used to it's full effect.

Strike Force is half and half. It's got a big adventure with a bunch of notes for side adventures and spin off stuff, mostly set in S.E. Asia but parts of it travel to South America. It is also LOADED with hardware and new toys to play with. All kinds of cool. And it's by the main man Wanye B. Can NOT go wrong with this book of total AWESOME-ness.

Break Out is mostly an adventure book set in South America. Light on the page count, but pretty decent for what you're getting. The adventure is good, if not awesome like the last two.

Now if you find that the EBSIS is a major villian in your games, and I know I like to use them, then Lancer's Rockers (set after the Invid Invasion) has some pretty useful stuff for them as well. Also, the Return of the Masters (Revised) has some pretty cool stuff, if you're headed down the Armies of the Southern Cross route. A super Logan and a killer Battloid for the ASC.

This is all good it helps me greatly on my EBSIS issues, Thanks
The Artist Formerly
Champion
Comment: Time Magazine's person of the year, 2006.

Unread post by The Artist Formerly »

Glad to be of assistance. :)
When I look in the dictionary and see the word Cool...I see Taffy's picture...-Shady Slug
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -Abraham Lincoln

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”