Is there any errata on combining the three Strength Powers?

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

thorr-kan
Adventurer

Is there any errata on combining the three Strength Powers?

Unread post by thorr-kan »

The Combining Powers section of HU 2E doesn't appear to have any mention of them. Is there errata or guidance in another source?
I have a blog; come see what I've created: https://thewhiteminotaur.wordpress.com/
-The 2024 Character Creation Challenge (#charactercreationchallenge):
https://thewhiteminotaur.wordpress.com/ ... challenge/
green.nova343
Adventurer

Re: Is there any errata on combining the three Strength Powers?

Unread post by green.nova343 »

Not sure about a true errata. However, Extraordinary PS is the only power that has a minimum level (unless your pre-power PS base is already over 20). Obviously, the carry/lift limits are based on the strongest (no punch intended) power you have, so you could theoretically stack them all.
  • start at essentially PS 20+2D6 (or 27+2D6 minimum, assuming you started at PS 21) from Extraordinary PS
  • add 2D4+20 from Superhuman PS
  • add 2D6+30 from Supernatural [note: I do not subscribe to the idea that physical skills don't increase Supernatural PS, as even The Thing & She-Hulk would work out]
  • Puts your PS range at 76-102 (83-109+)
That being said, I would not recommend doing that, as it uses up a lot of powers (2 minor & 1 major) unless you get the power automatically (i.e. as an alien race).
thorr-kan
Adventurer

green.nova343 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:23 pm Not sure about a true errata. However, Extraordinary PS is the only power that has a minimum level (unless your pre-power PS base is already over 20). Obviously, the carry/lift limits are based on the strongest (no punch intended) power you have, so you could theoretically stack them all.
  • start at essentially PS 20+2D6 (or 27+2D6 minimum, assuming you started at PS 21) from Extraordinary PS
  • add 2D4+20 from Superhuman PS
  • add 2D6+30 from Supernatural [note: I do not subscribe to the idea that physical skills don't increase Supernatural PS, as even The Thing & She-Hulk would work out]
  • Puts your PS range at 76-102 (83-109+)
That being said, I would not recommend doing that, as it uses up a lot of powers (2 minor & 1 major) unless you get the power automatically (i.e. as an alien race).
Barring other errata, that's how I read it as well. And while it uses a lot of powers, it is perhaps the epitome of "I cast FIST!" There are few threats that are going to withstand a 100+ Supernatural PS for very long. :)
I have a blog; come see what I've created: https://thewhiteminotaur.wordpress.com/
Mogge
D-Bee

Unread post by Mogge »

Can a character have/possess Extraordinary P.S., Superhuman P.S. & Supernatural P.S. just wondering?
Answer: It would be up to the G.M.'s discretion to allow a character to possess more than one of the super-type strengths. Usually, the character just gets the better of the types·
From https://palladiumbooks.com/super-powers
Item 18.
thorr-kan
Adventurer

There we go. FAQ leaves it up to the GM.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

I personally tweak Extra-Ordinary PS and Superhuman PS a bit.
*Extra-Ordinary PS - when punching, kicking, etc... add 1 die/dice to the damage based on the attack. A 1d4 punch become 2d4 [plus PS damage bonuses], a 2d6 kick becomes 3d6, etc...

*Superhuman PS - when punching, kicking, etc... add 2 die/dice to the damage based on the attack. A 1d4 punch become 3d4 [plus PS damage bonuses], a 2d6 kick becomes 4d6, etc....

I do this because it is possible, though rare, for a normal, non-powered person to get a similar PS score as a EO or SH PS person. This gives the super a little bit of edge. Been runnin it this way in my games for awhile and it has worked out.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
green.nova343
Adventurer

NMI wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:04 pm I personally tweak Extra-Ordinary PS and Superhuman PS a bit.
*Extra-Ordinary PS - when punching, kicking, etc... add 1 die/dice to the damage based on the attack. A 1d4 punch become 2d4 [plus PS damage bonuses], a 2d6 kick becomes 3d6, etc...

*Superhuman PS - when punching, kicking, etc... add 2 die/dice to the damage based on the attack. A 1d4 punch become 3d4 [plus PS damage bonuses], a 2d6 kick becomes 4d6, etc....

I do this because it is possible, though rare, for a normal, non-powered person to get a similar PS score as a EO or SH PS person. This gives the super a little bit of edge. Been runnin it this way in my games for awhile and it has worked out.
I'd come up with some SDC punch damage tables for Extraordinary & Superhuman PS a long time ago (possibly back in the days of the Email List). I think DustinM has it on his site...
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

The GM Guide says only one type is selected, and they do not stack. If you want the higher strength, simply take Supernatural PS and be done with it. I have never encuntered a situation where a character needed to be more powerful than that.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
green.nova343
Adventurer

green.nova343 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 2:43 pm
NMI wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:04 pm I personally tweak Extra-Ordinary PS and Superhuman PS a bit.

I'd come up with some SDC punch damage tables for Extraordinary & Superhuman PS a long time ago (possibly back in the days of the Email List). I think DustinM has it on his site...
Found the links (that's my real name on the site, I no longer have that particular Hotmail email but I do have a similar one).

Extraordinary P.S. damage table

Superhuman P.S. damage table

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”