Honor Guards for the Coalition and NGR?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Slimon386
D-Bee

Honor Guards for the Coalition and NGR?

Unread post by Slimon386 »

So Im curious if any of the big tech nations have like the elite of the elite, or like honor guard to protect head officials like the secret service? If not then what could be some options for like the Coalition and NGR?
"I have underestimated your talents Slimon, you have completly shattered all of my expectations. You are in fact beyond a shadow of a doubt the real deal. A Genuine Idiot!"
Orin J.
Adventurer

Re: Honor Guards for the Coalition and NGR?

Unread post by Orin J. »

i'd expect them to have the exact same gear as any other unit, just that they'd be handpicked for their experience and loyalty. probably receive some extra diplomatic training to keep them from causing an incident.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

I think they'd be members of commando units, hand picked using the commando armor with the military etiquette skill since there is no diplomacy skill. The military etiquette skill is supposed to provide all the ins and outs of military politics and traditions which in the case of high ranking officers would include how to carry yourself and act in a political/diplomatic environment.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

iirc there is mention that the CS has a bodyguard unit for the proseks, as well as body doubles, special clear armor panels for podiums during speeches, etc.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website

Return to “Rifts®”