[house rule] RUE update for Temporal Warrior

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The_Livewire
D-Bee
Comment: Bounce in and out of Palladium stuff, currently bouncing in. Currently in Cambridge Ohio

[house rule] RUE update for Temporal Warrior

Unread post by The_Livewire »

Hope I'm doing this correctly, mods please move or delete as needed.

So... Looking at the temporal warrior and RUE, and thought I'd try my hand at updates and tweaks.

OCC Skills:
Add
Language : Native Tongue at 98%.
Language: Other 2 of choice (+10%)
Literacy: Native Tongue (+30%)
Lore : Dimensions (+ 15%)
Lore : 1 of choice (any, + 10%).
(Rationale: Updating languages to RUE and being a dimensional traveler not speaking other languages makes no sense)

OOC Related
Add
Mechanical: Automobile and Basic only ( + 5%)
Science: Mathematics, Advanced only
Can change HTH to Commando for cost of another skill
(Rationale: Basic mechanical seems to fit to add, as well as advanced mathematics, since we're talking time and space. Commando as an upgrade makes sense "This is the fighting style taught to police officers, soldiers, bodyguards, thieves, and anybody else who will be expected to live by violence.")

Increase PPE to 3d4X10 +20, 3d4X10 +40 for 3rd level, 3d4X10 + 40 for 5th level
(Rational: Brings in scale with the increase to the RUE casters)

Penalties for 10 years of servitude
Penalties & Insanity: Reduce M.A. by two points and I.Q. and P.B. by one. Roll once on the insanity table found in the Temporal Wizard O.C.C. description.
(Rationale: Being less personable with the things he's seen/done makes more sense than becoming uglier. Though P.B. going down would also be from scars or just looking spooky)

Penalties for 14 years of servitude
Penalties & Insanity: Reduce M.A. by half, I.Q. by one, M.E. and P.B. by two points. Tends to have a dark, untrusting view of people and the world, Roll once the insanity table found in the Temporal Wizard O.C.C. section, and once on the Random insanity table RUE 332
(Rationale: See above about swapping PB for MA. As to the insanities, better idea is to come up with something fitting with the GM, since PTSD for a human makes perfect sense. In 10+ years I'm sure he's seen some serious... stuff.)

If people want my take on the Temporal Wizard, I'll do that too
Last edited by The_Livewire on Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The_Livewire
D-Bee
Comment: Bounce in and out of Palladium stuff, currently bouncing in. Currently in Cambridge Ohio

Re: RUE update for Temporal Warrior [house rule]

Forgot to add

"Additional spells and rituals of any magic level can be learned and or purchased at any time regardless of the character' s experience level"

Just to put an end to THAT.
darthauthor
Hero

Unread post by darthauthor »

I approve
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

The title should read "House Rule update of the Temporal Warrior class for RUE games"

Why.....it puts the important part First.
--------------
The actual updating text seams to be okay...but I would have to pull out my england wb to make a comparison. But is in the middle of reorganizing the garage so NGHATS.
So if eliakon thinks its good then i'll go with eliakon's opinions on this.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
The_Livewire
D-Bee

drewkitty ~..~ wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:19 pm The title should read "House Rule update of the Temporal Warrior class for RUE games"

Why.....it puts the important part First.
--------------
Thanks for the suggestion, fixed it.
(SHIFTY)
Adventurer

Re: [house rule] RUE update for Temporal Warrior

Unread post by (SHIFTY) »

I like the addition of Hth Commando. It fits the OCC much better. Are there any new bonuses to 10 and 14 years servitude?
The_Livewire
D-Bee

(SHIFTY) wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:45 am I like the addition of Hth Commando. It fits the OCC much better. Are there any new bonuses to 10 and 14 years servitude?
I didn't think those needed a change to keep in line with the RUE. Though if I was tweaking the class, I'd say they get Auto-Dodge as a class at 5th level, rather than just for PCs starting at level 5.

Forgot to add for secondary skills... This is why editors and proofreaders are important.

Secondary Skills: The Character gets four Secondary skills at first level plus two additional at levels 3, 7, 10, and 13.
Mlp7029
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Mlp7029 »

My thoughts: Replace Automobile Mechanics with Vehicular Armorer It has a cool ability to drive almost anything at the base skill level. Very appropriate for a dimension hopping character that had to steal vehicles then discard them to dimension jump. I have one RPA Elite as an OCC skill plus Demolitions plus Horsemanship Exotic. Limit language choices to preferably monster languages or non -Earth languages. I would add class ability of Sixth Sense equivalent temporal bonuses and Sense Time always active only costs isp if you are tracking time in more than 2 dimensions. Also I would add Ley line Rifter teleport hitchhiking and similar spell chose tables as Ley Line Rifter. I would allow Lore Dimensions at the same percent as shifters but only to prevent temporal spells, powers and effects in combat. Maybe add a temporal quick draw ability identical to the skill but with bonuses based on level and or A version of Temporal Sniper skill that allows you to Aim without using an extra action (RUE Sniper not worth having since Aiming takes an extra action). Love you are updating Temporal Warrior. Basically I see the Temporal Warrior as a Ley Line Rifter with temporal abilities and the cyber knight skill package kind off. Given the many years they spend as apprentices they should be highly trained just like a cyber knight less the Zen combat abilities vs machines.

Return to “Rifts®”