Sense Dimensional Anomaly

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

darthauthor
Hero

Sense Dimensional Anomaly

Unread post by darthauthor »

The psychic sensetive power of "Sense Dimensional Anomaly" (4)

Wondering when a player would use this power.
So, a player shows up to a place or they want to know if someone is teleporting or rifting in or out?

I don't understand the advantage of having and using this power.
It has a duration of 2 minutes per level.
I assume the psychic has to turn the power "ON" to sense IF and when a distrubance happens.

It just seems like one would burn through I.S.P. if they didn't know about the time something was going to go Rift or teleportation in or out. And for it to matter it would have to be in a way that can't be obviously seen. Otherwise, someone could just use camouflage and hide and stake out a place.

I imagine the minion war or dragons (who can teleport). So, would a psychic have to turn on this power to know if they have left via teleportation? So if the psychic doesn't feel the disturbance of the teleporation they know they must still be around?

It seems like it would be used a lot more if it activated on its own like Sixth Sense.

I can only guess, if you are a psychic with this power and hiding from demons it might be useful to know IF they teleported away.
Wouldn't one know that with the powers of Presense Sense or Sense Evil?

I'm just trying to understand how an intelligent player, NPC or villain would use this power and IF the did how it would help them in any way?

It seems like this power is all about knowing with certainity IF and when someone has come or gone via a Rift or teleporation. I can only guess it is about hiding from "them" or hunting them and knowing for certain if they got away. Assums that you can't see the Rift or them teleport or that their presense can't be detected in some other like like a Dog Boys sense the supernatural.
Last edited by darthauthor on Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Sense Dimensional Anomaly

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

If I was to update the power I would use the Presence Sense mechanic as the basis for forming the Psi power.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”