Moving Clouds

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Veknironth
Hero

Moving Clouds

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, here's something that came up that I can't believe I didn't ask about before. Let's assume you cast a cloud spell on people in an area. These people roll saves, take damage, etc.. Then they move OUT of the cloud. Then somene uses wind to move the cloud back on them. Would they have to save again? Spells like Cloud of Steam would do damage when the people are back in the cloud, but would the need to save again? What about something like Miasma or Cloud of Slumber? Are they immune once they make the first save, or do they have to resist again?

-Vek
"Can a cloud of whatever be made to a fun shape, like a Giraffe or something?"
Grazzik
Adventurer

Re: Moving Clouds

Unread post by Grazzik »

If the caster were to cast a new spell, the save would have to be rolled again. So, I see no reason why being re-immersed in the same cloud wouldn't also require a reroll. Imagine a scene in a movie where the hero stumbles out of the cloud, but sees a friend still in the cloud... they'd have to steel themselves against the effects as they re-enter to extract their friend... I see this as the moment of re-roll.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Unless the spell specifically requires you to make frequent save vs magic, I would only require it once. I would consider the magic to have put a "tracking cookie" on anyone who visits the cloud, the "cookie" expires with the cloud though.
Franko Tyrador
D-Bee

Unread post by Franko Tyrador »

I would say you saved against that could and it doesn't need rerolling. Like being inoculated against that specific strain of magic weave.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Cloud magic doesn't move to the whims of the winds, unless the text says so.

If the people who saved vs magic and moved out of a magic cloud, and then re-entered that same cloud for any reason, then they would have to roll their save vs magic again. If it is applicable.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”