Hand to Hand Skills

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jimbo
Wanderer

Hand to Hand Skills

Unread post by Jimbo »

Ok guys, I am drawing a blank here. I remember that there is an additional Hand to Hand skill called HtH: Wild but I cant for the life of me remember which book it is in. Help would be appreciated. Thanks in Advance.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Hand to Hand Skills

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Talking about PF 2nd ed there is; Basic, expert, MA, Assassin, and 'no h2h'. All in the core book.

Maybe it was with the barbarian text in Northern hinterlands...or the ¿Byzantium? book?
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Jimbo wrote:Ok guys, I am drawing a blank here. I remember that there is an additional Hand to Hand skill called HtH: Wild but I cant for the life of me remember which book it is in. Help would be appreciated. Thanks in Advance.

Greetings and Salutations. There's a HtH: Wild in Rifter 40 on page 35. This is part of the Walk on in the Wild Side Part II article (for PF2 Barbarians from Northern Hinterlands). As a Rifter article, this is Unofficial material. Hope some of that helps. Farewell and safe journeys.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Mogge
D-Bee

Unread post by Mogge »

There is also H2H Gladiator and the Monk specific one (pacifist h2h).
Gladiator one is in High Seas.
Jimbo
Wanderer

Unread post by Jimbo »

Thanks guys. Now I know where to look. And unofficial is ok by me cuz it's going in an unofficial campaign converted from MTG.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Wasn't there also a "Hand to Hand: Janissary" in Western Empire?
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Library Ogre wrote:Wasn't there also a "Hand to Hand: Janissary" in Western Empire?

Character class: yes. H2h skill: nope,...unless it is buried in the city descriptions.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Library Ogre wrote:Wasn't there also a "Hand to Hand: Janissary" in Western Empire?

Greetings and Salutations. Not to my knowledge. The only official Hand to Hand included in Palladium Fantasy 2nd Edition are ...

None
Basic
Expert
Martial Arts
Assassin
Evasive Combat (Book 2: Monk Scholar)
Gladiator (Book 3: Gladiator)
Skudasa (Book 9: Gosai race)

There is a Hand to Hand Combat: Janissary in a Rifter, but that's for Rifts (Rifter 28, page 79, part of The CS Janissary Project). The Western Empire Janissary ( Book 8 ) just gets HtH: Martial Arts, along with additional combat bonuses as part of the O.C.C. There are also a variety of additional Hand to Hand in various Rifters (I don't believe any are official, but that doesn't make them bad).

Jimbo wrote:And unofficial is ok by me cuz it's going in an unofficial campaign converted from MTG.

Sounds fun. I only noted the status so players can be sure to ask their G.M. for permission and/or Game Masters may want to look it over for balance and such. In the end, I hope you really enjoy and have a great game!

Thank everyone for your time and patience. Farewell and safe journeys.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”