Psi-Stalker builds CS Grunt and Psi-Nullifier

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

darthauthor
Hero

Psi-Stalker builds CS Grunt and Psi-Nullifier

Unread post by darthauthor »

I am trying to do a build for a player and NPC.

The two builds are:

A. Psi-Nullifier who is a Psi-Stalker Race.

Found the "rules" in Psyscape Book but am unsure about their abilites.

Book says, Natural Psi-Stalkers who become Nullifiers are rare (1 in 200).
The CS program has had a lot of success in conversion.

The way I see it, Psi-Stalker, still has to eat 50 PPE every week.
If you think that should change, please, explain why?

The book say to replace the RCC abilities of the Psi-Stalker with those of the Psi-Nullifier. So they gain the "reactionary" shut-down of magic spells and psionics that are used around them until their ISP is exhausted.

So, correct me, but they lose the #1 sense Psychic and Magic Energy, #2. Supernatural Beings, supernatural.

While #3, #4, & #5 feel like Racial things that would stay with the Psi-Stalker since they are not changing their race just their psionic abilities.

I also believe they keep their #6 nourishment requirements.

I feel they MUST lose their #7 psionic powers (6 minor sensitive powers).

I am NOT sure about their #8 animal empathy but psyscape book says, "the Psi-Nullifier is not closed to the world around him, but he is closed to other psychics . . . fellow psychics cannot sense his presence . . . They can pick up unshielded emotions and surface thoughts via Empathy and Telepathy, but that can be prevented via Mind Block"

Same with #9 react to supernatural attacks by becoming MD instead of SDC & Hit Point but can only do SDC with their fists. I feel inclined to keep it.

Attitibutes are the same as that of a Psi-Stalker wild if psi-nullifier by natural Civil if by CS program.

Skills are replaced with Psi-Nulliefer

That's it for Psi-Nullifier

B. Psi-Stalker CS Grunt.

"The book RUE: Only around 6% of the Grunts are Psi-Stalkers"

Just Swap O.C.C. Skills, O.C.C. Related & Secondary skill to CS Grunt EVERYTHING else #1 thru #9 stays the same.

Please share your opinions & beliefs.
darthauthor
Hero

Re: Psi-Stalker builds CS Grunt and Psi-Nullifier

CS Grunt Psi-Stalker Build

Special Psi-Stalker Abilities
1. Sense Psychic and Magic Energy:
2. Sense Supernatural Beings:
6. Nourishment: 50 PPE
7. Other Psionic Powers: 50 ISP
Picked for a line soldier instead of work as an agent or operative.
Intuitive Combat (10), See Aura (6), See the Invisible (4),
Sense Evil (2), Sense Magic (3), Sixth Sense (2)
8. Psionic Empathy with Animals.
9. Mega-Damage Combat.

IQ 12, M.E. 15, M.A. 10, P.S. 15, P.P. 12, P.E. 16, P.B. 9, Spd 30

S.D.C.: 50 Hit Points: 24 I.S.P.: 50

O.C.C. CS Grunt: 1st Level
Skills:
Language : Native Tongue (American) at 92%.
Body Building, Climbing 45%, Military Etiquette 50%, Pilot: Hovercraft 60%, Pilot: Tank & APCs 50%, Radio: Basic 55%, Robot Combat: Basic, Sensory Equipment 40%, Running, Weapon Systems 50%,
W.P. Energy Pistol +1 to strike
W.P. Energy Rifle
W.P. Knife
Hand to Hand: Expert

O.C.C. Related Skills:
Camouflage 35%, Field Armorer & Munitions Expert 55% (Basic: Mechanics 30%), Forced March,
Lore: Psychics & Psionics 30%, Military Fortification 45%, Recognize Weapon Quality 40%,
Trap/Mine Detection 35%

Secondary Skills: First Aid 35%, Housekeeping 35%, Land Navigation 36%,
Wardrobe & Grooming 50%, Wilderness Survival 30%

Perception: +4 on Perception Rolls
Initiative: +0
Number of Attacks: 5; Paired Weapons
6 or higher to save vs psionic attack!
+3 to save vs magic
+5 to save vs mind control and mind altering drugs
+1 to save vs poison
+3 to save vs possession
+6 to save vs Horror Factor

Standard Equipment: Coalition "Dead Boy" body armor, energy rifle and energy sidearm of choice,
four extra E-Clips for each, two fragmentation grenades, three signal flares, survival knife, utility belt, air filter and gas mask, walkie-talkie, uniform, combat boots, canteen, and wooden stake.
darthauthor
Hero

Re: Psi-Stalker builds CS Grunt and Psi-Nullifier

Psi-Stalker Nullifier.

Special Nullifier Abilities
1. Psi-Nullification & Interference: 10 feet (3 m) or less involuntarily. When aware and preemptive striking against it is 100 feet (30.5 m); at first level.

2. Null void: Psychics cannot sense his presence, see his aura, sense psionics in him, sense his P.P.E., or remotely view him. Magic that senses anything, dominates or controls a person (calling, dominations, etc.) are powerless against the Psi-Nullifier; they are impervious.

3. Other psionic powers:
Alter Aura (2), Mind Block (4), Mind Block AutoDefense,
Psychic Omni-Sight (15), Psychic Purification (8),
See the Invisible (4), Sixth Sense (2), Telepathy (4)

4. Saving throw versus psionic attack 10 or higher.
5. I.S.P.: 115
6. P.P.E.: 30
7. R.C.C. Bonuses.
Impervious to the bite and mind control powers of vampires
Impervious to the Mind Bleeder powers and all forms of possession

Psi-Stalker: Nourishment: Needs 50 PPE per week

8. Psionic Empathy with Animals.
9. Mega-Damage Combat.

IQ 12, M.E. 15, M.A. 10, P.S. 17, P.P. 13, P,E 18, P.B. 9, Spd 30

S.D.C.: 57 Hit Points: 26 I.S.P.: 115

O.C.C. Skills:
Language: Native Tongue (American) at 96% & Spanish 70%
Body Building, Climbing 50%, Pilot: Hovercraft 60%,
Hovercycles 85%, Prowl 45%, Sensory Equipment 40%
Radio: Basic 55%, Running, Weapon Systems 50%
W.P. Energy Pistol +1 to strike
W.P. Energy Rifle
W.P. Ancient: Knife (+1 to parry/+2 to strike thrown) & Targeting
Hand to Hand: Expert

Note: If they have the IQ other attribute requirement, if I was the CS leader, I’d probably have the Psi-Nullifer given Advanced Training in Demon Hunting. Since the average human and psi-stalker are at the same level of intelligence and intelligence potential so there is about a 37.5 chance just for that. Although psi-stalkers typically have a higher mental endurance.
Still the average human CS Psi-Nullifer won’t have the attributes for advance training.

Going over the build and my perceived potential of the Psi-Nullifer they have to be up close (10 to 100 feet) to use their nullification power effectively. Otherwise they are no better than anyone else with the same psionics. Their biggest advantage is not being detectable by psionics or magic. This should make them a good ghost in being able to sneak up on an enemy without triggering their “Sixth Sense (2)” or the spells Mystic Alarm (5) / Watchguard (10). Technological detection methods are fair game as well as the obvious case of one of the team member standing guard at night while the rest sleep. This assumes that the Psi-Nullifer knows where their targets are in advance or is waiting in ambush (which is detectable by the skill Detect Ambush).
Aside from all of that they can be running defense against a magic fire-fight as long as they can see the enemy and are within 100 feet + 10 feet per level. That or be within 10 feet of the spell casters victims of a spell attack. They would make an outstanding defense against area of effect spells. They are a real game changer but they are still vulnerable to handgrenade attacks and die like anyone else to energy weapon fire; that’s how to kill them.

O.C.C. Related Skills (4):
Gymnastics, Pick Locks 35%, Tailing 40%, Tracking (people) 25%

Secondary Skills (5): Camofluage 20%, Land Navigation 36%, Lore: Demons & Monsters 30%, Wardrobe & Grooming 50%, Wilderness Survival 30%

Perception: +4 on Perception Rolls
Initiative: +1
Number of Attacks: 5; + Paired Weapons

6 or higher to save vs psionic attack!
+6 to save vs magic
+8 to save vs mind control and mind altering drugs
+1 to save vs poison
+3 to save vs possession
+7 to save vs Horror Factor
+ 1 to dodge, + 1 to pull punch, and + 1 to roll

Standard Equipment: Coalition "Dead Boy" body armor, energy rifle and energy sidearm of choice, four extra E-Clips for each, two fragmentation grenades, three signal flares, survival knife, utility belt, air filter and gas mask, walkie-talkie, uniform, combat boots, canteen, and wooden stake.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”