Dispersal

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

SpiritInterface
Hero

Dispersal

Unread post by SpiritInterface »

Several questions have come up with my gaming group about the power Dispersal from PU3/9

1) can a person pass through locked doors and solid walls with this power?
2) is a person vulnerable to gasses when dispersed like a person with Intangiblity?
3) can powers that sense ghost and spirits also detect a person who is dispersed?
4) what happens to a person who is dispersed when the duration runs out and there is no clear space for them to reform in?
Veni Vidi Vici
Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem
Sic vis pacem, Para bellum
Audentes fortuna iuvat
O Tolmon Nika
Oderint Dum Metuant
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Re: Dispersal

Unread post by The Baron of chaos »

SpiritInterface wrote:Several questions have come up with my gaming group about the power Dispersal from PU3/9

1) can a person pass through locked doors and solid walls with this power?
2) is a person vulnerable to gasses when dispersed like a person with Intangiblity?
3) can powers that sense ghost and spirits also detect a person who is dispersed?
4) what happens to a person who is dispersed when the duration runs out and there is no clear space for them to reform in?

Answers
1) no dispersal are you immobile, you cannot move. Not clear if you have other moving powers you can move or not. Theoretically , if movement is possible you could pa's anywhere air can do
2) no
3) yes, it was stated such, presence sense detect the presence of the character
4) same thing as trying to become tangible in a wall or in mid air, I suppose
"The baron is made of raw win. Search your feelings, you know it to be true."
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

Some would be inclined to pedantically argue how a character with Dispersal "effectively (becoming) intangible and invisible" is somehow distinct from actually becoming intangible. Some people should be ignored.

It looks to me that a character with Dispersal can discorporate while the opposite side of some barrier is within their radius and reincorporate on the other side, would have a similar vulnerability to toxic gases as a character with the Intangibility power, and could be detected via abilities like Presence Sense, but not by abilities only capable of detecting entities or undead. A dispersed character forced to reincorporate within an object would, as described in the Intangibility power description, instantly and painfully die.
ITWastrel
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by ITWastrel »

I've always allowed the toon to reform anywhere within their own radius.

Technically, since the toon expands to be literally everywhere inside that radius, they are still immobile. They're just big and immobile.

Condensing back down, they are technically just as immobile if they condense in the far northern spot as the far southern. Either way, they didn't move, they just got big and small.

I have to admit, my opinion is entirely formed by watching Rachel fog past a door when I was 15, and your GM may not have been as impressed.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”