Leprechaun as a player

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ryokoryu
Wanderer

Leprechaun as a player

Unread post by ryokoryu »

I am interested in playing one of these guys rolling up as per faery folk rules in PU2 with some obvious changes, would there be a better way to do this in rifts already?
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Re: Leprechaun as a playermm

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

I think the PU2 Immortal Faerie Folk setup would be more fun to play than a leprechaun staight out of the conversion book. The Super Abilities plus Magic option seems like it would best fit the character. At a glance one could mirror the standard leprechaun's spell selections with the selections and limitations that ability's option offers, if modeling the basic model is seen as worthwhile. I could see an argument for getting rid of the PU2 faerie's flight. In that standard leps have invisibility, a major super ability, I'd have the substitution take away one of the minor abilities. Alternatively, invisibility is one of the options available for the immortal's magic weapon, so folding that into, say, a shillelagh could also work. Some thematic ability selections for the character might include karmic power if keyed off of a different sense of morality, sleep dust from PU1, and dimensional pocket, pixie dust, and jinx power from PU3.
Axelmania
Knight

Re: Leprechaun as a player

Unread post by Axelmania »

ryokoryu wrote:interested in playing one of these guys

Who says it has to be a guy?
ryokoryu
Wanderer

Axelmania wrote:

Says the guy who want's to play a guy. I won't make a female toon to play because nobody wants to hear me voice act a lady.
Axelmania
Knight

ryokoryu wrote:
Axelmania wrote:

Says the guy who want's to play a guy. I won't make a female toon to play because nobody wants to hear me voice act a lady.

Could be a mute leprechauness or one who is able to pretend she has a guy's voice.
ryokoryu
Wanderer

Axelmania wrote:
ryokoryu wrote:
Axelmania wrote:

Could be a mute leprechauness or one who is able to pretend she has a guy's voice.

soundt like you just really really wanna have a lady leprechaun to cuddle with, you should try commissioning some pics on Deviantart
Axelmania
Knight

ryokoryu wrote:soundt like you just really really wanna have a lady leprechaun to cuddle with, you should try commissioning some pics on Deviantart

Why do you assume I don't want to BE the little faerie?
Emerald MoonSilver
Explorer

Unread post by Emerald MoonSilver »

Axelmania wrote:
ryokoryu wrote:soundt like you just really really wanna have a lady leprechaun to cuddle with, you should try commissioning some pics on Deviantart

Why do you assume I don't want to BE the little faerie?

I've heard of furry fans wanting to be a furry. Are their faerie fans who want to be a faerie? Wouldn't surprise me really. :angel:
Axelmania
Knight

Emerald MoonSilver wrote:I've heard of furry fans wanting to be a furry. Are their faerie fans who want to be a faerie? Wouldn't surprise me really. :angel:

"Faerykin" are apparently a subset of "otherkin" so I am going to coin "leprechaunkin".

Return to “Rifts®”