Goofy space character

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Hadeshorn
D-Bee

Goofy space character

Unread post by Hadeshorn »

So, our next campaign is going to be along the lines of a goofy space odyssey and I'm struggling with a character concept.

Things I'm pondering:

A butter troll tech guy
A demigod chef
An alien superhero
A 6 armed gunslinger/bounty hunter

We're keeping the power level low-mid or I'd probably consider a whale Cosmo knight.
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Re: Goofy space character

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

-A Nanobot Hive (Rifter 37), who's devoted to defending the rights of the inanimate. It mainly sits around as art reproductions, but makes a convincing chair.
-A dolphin with a couple Ocean/Space Magic TW items could get around. In a higher powered game make them an Air/Water Space Warlock or a Pneuma Biform.
-A Tirrol Swordfist that gets multiple extra pairs of bionic legs
-A Strata Crystal Mage that pretends they're an Oracle just because they like inhaling toxic fumes
-A Faerie-bot inside a robot with Bio-System skin
-An Eco-Wizard building redundant ship systems; e.g. backup life support is a series of preserved dinosaur lungs
-An ATB mutant human with Looks/Speech/Hands/Biped: None and the Merge Bio-Mass super power, who's trying to reform their criminal past by looking for a new mommy
Hadeshorn
D-Bee

Ok, those are a little too far on the goofy road but a good start.

What is the crystal mage from? I dont recognize it.

I have considered a bio wizard or a lemurian gene mage or whatever they are called.
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

Shucks, and here I was about to start digging around for the really silly stuff.

Crystal Mages are in DB15: Secrets of the Atlanteans. Strata and Space Warlocks are in DB6: Three Galaxies. Eco-Wizards are in WB26:Dinosaur Swamp, and are basically limited Technowizards working with bone/tendons/hide/etc.. Biomancers from WB6: South America 1 and WB32: Lemuria are about messing with living material, but by their description really wouldn't be into space travel unless it was inside some kind of bioship.
Hadeshorn
D-Bee

Yeah, I just found the crystal mages. Unless it's a techno/bio wizard or mega chef, I don't think I want to do magic.

I'm all for moderate goofy/silly. Like, I keep wanting to make one of the Carpetbaggers from DBoNA or a Power Leech. I've also thought about a Wordly Sasquatch Invincible Guardsman.
Hadeshorn
D-Bee

I'm also looking at a fun RCC to make into a Psi Tech. My GM is fairly open so it doesn't have to be a super strict race.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Tourist OCC from the April fools rifter.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Go for a Conjurer mage (Fed of Magic). He's a spell caster, but not always that useful.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Return to “Rifts®”