Book:California?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Should Palladium produce a Rifts California book?

Leave California an unpublished, GM's creative zone
33%
Publish a California world book
35%
Publish a California source book
15%
Publish a Rifter article about California
2%
Publish a Rifter series about California
7%
Publish a Rifter comic about California
No votes
Publish a California module
4%
Publish a California module series
4%

Total votes: 54

Thom001
Explorer

Re: Book:California?

Unread post by Thom001 »

Fenris2020 wrote:I guess California could be an ashy wasteland.

That's basically what I would do. Then again I always felt that the coastlines should be pretty devoid of human settlement growth. I know its been 300ish years since the coming of the rifts but with those rifts came monsters and challenges that would difficult if not impossible to overcome for mankind. The only kind of advanced thriving city I would put on a coastline would be a d-bee/alien/monster one.
H.P. Hovercraft
Explorer

Unread post by H.P. Hovercraft »

Maybe since Palladium's Rifts line of books has incorporated so many ideas offered by Theosophy (Atlanteans, Lemurians, etc), I kinda wonder if maybe that's what Mr. Kevin originally had in mind for California....

In the pseudoscience of Theosophy, they claim that California will break away from the mainland where the next stage of human evolution will begin (including humans with increased psionic potential)....sounds like decent fodder for a Rifts setting to me
AlexM
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by AlexM »

We had other sources of inspiration for Atlantis and Lemuria, such as books by James Churchward.
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

I hope to see a Kingdom from Palladium fantasy.A City or town from Chaos earth rifterd in time to currant day and a Team of superheroes.

What do you think?
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

gaby wrote:I hope to see a Kingdom from Palladium fantasy.A City or town from Chaos earth rifterd in time to currant day and a Team of superheroes.

The Chaos Earth-rifted city has arguably already been done in Rifts Japan with Hiroshima, so we don't want to repeat that in canon. South America has a community from Wormwood, and possibly a fantasy realm.
And the rest of them can be handled quite nicely by GMs' prerogative, using the charts & tables from the Adventure Guide. Just roll one up, populate it with your choice of residents from'x-dimension', and plop them in place.
And while a few superpowers/superhero beings have shown up in Rifts, I really don't want to see a whole community or larger team, since they can be unbalancing in-game, and there are enough other forms of local superhero-style powers and personalities even at the player level if you use your imagination and some role-play( 'Borgs = bricks, mages = energy casters. psychics, well, = psychics, and some Crazies really DO think they're superheroes).
Last edited by taalismn on Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Orin J.
Adventurer

Unread post by Orin J. »

taalismn wrote:
gaby wrote:I hope to see a Kingdom from Palladium fantasy.A City or town from Chaos earth rifterd in time to currant day and a Team of superheroes.

he Chaos Earth-rifted city has arguably already been done in Rifts Japan with Hiroshima-

we also have that Canadian place. besides if it looks like Sacramento is going to be saved from the rifts via time nonsense i'll find a way to force kev to nuke it again myself. California's suffered enough.
taalismn
Priest

Let California get the shake, rattle, and roll treatment(or maybe the shake and bake treatment), with parts of it west of the San Andreas becoming an archipelago. Let the rest of it become wilderness or balkanize into little tribal communities.

Give players and GMs a wilderness they can colonize themselves.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

Mack wrote:
Fenris2020 wrote:There should be a Millenium Tree.

For a little twist, make it an adolescent Millennium Tree.

Mature MT 1: Why are you constantly leaking sap? Why are you leaves a glossy black? How can you listen to that incessant screaming of the wildlife? If you keep this up you'll wind up corrupted

Adolescent MT: You wouldn't understand! You've never understood me! I hate you!!

Mature MT 2: Don't fight! I'm sure it's only a phase.
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
taalismn
Priest

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:[

Mature MT 1: Why are you constantly leaking sap? Why are you leaves a glossy black? How can you listen to that incessant screaming of the wildlife? If you keep this up you'll wind up corrupted

Adolescent MT: You wouldn't understand! You've never understood me! I hate you!!

Mature MT 2: Don't fight! I'm sure it's only a phase.

"You explain the birds and the bees to it."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Rifts®”