Working on a new design.. opinions wanted.

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Emerald MoonSilver
Explorer

Working on a new design.. opinions wanted.

Unread post by Emerald MoonSilver »

I recently came across several designs I created years ago for rifts and a couple other palladium rpg's. One was a transformable hover bike by Naruni using a contra grav system and anti-matter power source. Said cycle would wrap around a custom set of body armor designed for the bike. Its in rough shape and needs some work, but when done would anybody be interested in seeing it. I plan to have it for sale in Naruni's new Merc Town location.

Emerald.
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Re: Working on a new design.. opinions wanted.

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

Some of the Cyclone designs in the Robotech books cover this exact idea, which to be clear is as cool as heck. If possible I'd take a look, if for no other reason that to get an arguable metric for mdc and the like.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Rifts also doesn't really do transforming vehicles much, it doesn't break the setting (there are like 6 or 7 designs I could point toward) per say, but it is rare in the over all catalog of Power Armor or Robot options.

What little you have provided has to be handled carefully so that it doesn't appear as a thinly disguised IP conversion given it smacks of a few Robotech Cyclones in the 2E RPG in concept execution.
Emerald MoonSilver
Explorer

Unread post by Emerald MoonSilver »

ShadowLogan wrote:Rifts also doesn't really do transforming vehicles much, it doesn't break the setting (there are like 6 or 7 designs I could point toward) per say, but it is rare in the over all catalog of Power Armor or Robot options.

What little you have provided has to be handled carefully so that it doesn't appear as a thinly disguised IP conversion given it smacks of a few Robotech Cyclones in the 2E RPG in concept execution.

Well I never bought any of the robotech 2e books, so I cant comment on them, but the idea was created by me several years ago when the naruni wave 2 book came out and I noticed the contra grav racing bike in it. Ill try to work up some more detailed designs in a couple days. I do know that for now the bike will attack to a modifed version of the thermo-kinetic body armor, and will have aorund the same mdc as the bike, about 300, but I still working on the weapon systems and looks. Ill try and describe it, but tmy artistic skills are quite limited, so no illustrations will be given.

Emerald

p.s. you know now that I think about it, the NE-700 plasma vulcan machine gun might make a nice primary weapon system for it (naruni wave 2 page. 34)
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Use a modified frame for the Walker-Bike from Rifts Black Market...only replace the wheels with the propulsion system from the anti-gray bike and rearrange the arms and legs so they can attach to the rider's armor(or the rider's limbs can slot into the handlebars and stirrups as they tuck in closer to the frame.
Admittedly, using the bikes' frames, you won't have much, if any, waist flexibility, but you still have contra-gravity.

Frankly, though, unless you sheath the entire bike in thermal kinetic armor, you're not going to enjoy the full benefits, if only the rider is so sheathed.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Rifts®”