Silver Eagle Samas

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Emerald MoonSilver
Explorer

Silver Eagle Samas

Unread post by Emerald MoonSilver »

Our little rpg group was tinkering around with the idea of having them stumble upon a factory containing the silver eagle samas from NEMA and possible selling ones across the US in game. What do you think would be the response of the present world powers in Rifts if this would to occur??
Orin J.
Adventurer

Re: Silver Eagle Samas

Unread post by Orin J. »

I sure hope your group like the coalition scooping them up and executing them.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Orin J. wrote:I sure hope your group like the coalition scooping them up and executing them.

That sounds about right.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Or the Republicans hunting you down and mugging you in your sleep.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
dreicunan
Hero

Unread post by dreicunan »

Unless it was one of Archie's factories and he got to you first.
Axelmania wrote:You of course, being the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not.
Declared the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not by Axelmania on 5.11.19.
Emerald MoonSilver
Explorer

Well we already have the NGR selling their tc20 terrain hoppers, t550 glitterboys and x-10a out of their new merctown factory, so who knows how the other will respond.. Maybe we could sell the Silver Eagles to the NGR, that will honk off the Coalition.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Emerald MoonSilver wrote:Our little rpg group was tinkering around with the idea of having them stumble upon a factory containing the silver eagle samas from NEMA and possible selling ones across the US in game. What do you think would be the response of the present world powers in Rifts if this would to occur??

I would look at the Black Market book. If your group made a deal with one of them and if the numbers were small enough they could probably get away with it for a short time. If they tried to just sell a small number of found PAs that would be doable, if they are looking to manufacture and sell in quantities then everyone would be after them.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Colonel_Tetsuya
Champion

Unread post by Colonel_Tetsuya »

If any groups (especially the Black Market) found out you had a plant that could manufacture the Chromium armor... they could expect to have large bounties on their heads so they could be scooped up and interrogated/tortured for the location of said factory.

The Black Market, especially, would happily kill for that secret, as they have the plans for the GB but not the formula for the armor.... if they got the armor they could manufacture full-up GBs, not just Shadow Boys.

And the CS, and FQ, and Archie and the Republicans would also all assuredly like a word.
Im loving the Foes list; it's the only thing keeping me from tearing out my eyes from the dumb.
Fenris2020
Adventurer
Comment: Go woke, go broke.

Unread post by Fenris2020 »

If you could manufacture... I'd start a merc company, keep my abilities low-key, not sell to anyone and work out of the New West or some other place where the CS, ARCHIE and so on held little or no sway.
I might sell one to FQ so they could pay me a small fortune, allowing them to reverse-tech it.
You are a truly worthy foe! I shall howl a dirge in your honour and eat your heart with pride!
guardiandashi
Hero

Unread post by guardiandashi »

In one of our campaigns i had a character that did the whole arms and equipment dealer thing, its rather over rated, especially when someone like the Coalition, or Nauroni gets all upset about you stealing their market share, and then you have to slap them down by threats, and following through, and then its work work work, all the time...
taalismn
Priest

guardiandashi wrote:In one of our campaigns I had a character that did the whole arms and equipment dealer thing, its rather over rated, especially when someone like the Coalition, or Nauroni gets all upset about you stealing their market share, and then you have to slap them down by threats, and following through, and then its work work work, all the time...

Refunds, overstocks, windowshoppers, picketers, labor unions...I hear ya...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

taalismn wrote:
guardiandashi wrote:In one of our campaigns I had a character that did the whole arms and equipment dealer thing, its rather over rated, especially when someone like the Coalition, or Nauroni gets all upset about you stealing their market share, and then you have to slap them down by threats, and following through, and then its work work work, all the time...

It occurred to me that in Rifts all of these things would take on a whole new level.

What do you say to a full conversion borg that wants a refund for the plasma ejector that broke down in combat?

How do you stop a mage for "window-shopping" with mystic portal and taking half your inventory?

And you think unions can be unreasonable today, wait until one is led by an actual crazy.
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
taalismn
Priest

Warshield73 wrote:[
And you think unions can be unreasonable today, wait until one is led by an actual crazy.

"WE DEMAND FAIR TREATMENT AS THE PRODUCERS OF WEALTH!"
"Ah, that's all very good, but...you're the only one here...and you don't work here. You're self-employed."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador

taalismn wrote:
Warshield73 wrote:[

"WE DEMAND FAIR TREATMENT AS THE PRODUCERS OF WEALTH!"
"Ah, that's all very good, but...you're the only one here...and you don't work here. You're self-employed."

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Mlp7029
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Mlp7029 »

Emerald MoonSilver wrote:Our little rpg group was tinkering around with the idea of having them stumble upon a factory containing the silver eagle samas from NEMA and possible selling ones across the US in game. What do you think would be the response of the present world powers in Rifts if this would to occur??

Violent if powers that be find the factory. The group would need a patron like the Black Market or sell them on Phase World instead.
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

Since the Silver Eagle SAMAS is cosmetically quite different from a C.S. SAMAS, I doubt that the Coalition would hunt them down with the kind of zeal that they would the ones that Bandito Arms makes. NG makes two bird-headed SAMAS power armors that the Coalition seems fine with.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
Orin J.
Adventurer

Unread post by Orin J. »

Hotrod wrote:Since the Silver Eagle SAMAS is cosmetically quite different from a C.S. SAMAS, I doubt that the Coalition would hunt them down with the kind of zeal that they would the ones that Bandito Arms makes. NG makes two bird-headed SAMAS power armors that the Coalition seems fine with.

it's not the cosmetics so much as the technology that's the issue, since the CS is try to maintain the lie that they developed the SAMAS rather than it being something from before everything went to crap. also i think they made a deal to share the old SAMAS engine tech with NG at some point....but the point being someone manufacturing them is gonna be on the CS hit list if they find out.
Colonel_Tetsuya
Champion

Hotrod wrote: NG makes two bird-headed SAMAS power armors that the Coalition seems fine with.

Uh... NG doesn't make SAMAS armor.

They make flying power armor. Flying-power-armor-with-wings does not a SAMAS make.

The Flying Titan is also a flying power armor with wings, but it is not a SAMAS.

Neither is either NG model (though it does say that the rocket pack on one of them - the Red Hawk i believe - bears a striking resemblance to the layout of the SAM).

More important is the fact that as Orin pointed out, the CS is VERY keen on keeping up the lie that THEY created the SAM, not that it is stolen/acquired pre-Rifts technology.

Coupled with the fact that it is quite a bit more powerful than the USA-SAM/Original CS SAM (and on par with the Super SAM), the CS would be EXTREMELY motivated to put the kibosh on it.

And as i said earlier, every other major manufacturer would be EXTREMELY interested in the fact that you have a factory that can produce Chromium armor. Bandito would quite happily kill for it - they have plans for the GB but not for the armor; if they got the plans for the armor, they could manufacture brand-new GBs. FQ would want to seize your factory and shut it down because they like being the only major force on North America with ready access.

NG would want you out of the market, and would probably... i mean, some aspects of the company are pretty shady - theyd probably kill for the formula for Chromium armor. You think the Samson is tough now? Wait till the Chromium Samson makes its debut.

Basically, you could NEVER let it get out you were manufacturing these things new. You'd be as good as dead, and/or have a permanent, super high bounty on your head.

You'd have to claim that you found a cache of them or something, and be careful about how many you sold, and even then - people would want to seize them.

And you can 100% guarantee that The Republicans would want to have a VERY pointed word. Immediately.
Im loving the Foes list; it's the only thing keeping me from tearing out my eyes from the dumb.
Colonel_Tetsuya
Champion

Emerald MoonSilver wrote:Well we already have the NGR selling their tc20 terrain hoppers, t550 glitterboys and x-10a out of their new merctown factory.

MercTown Factory? Got a source on that? Not saying youre wrong, but i cant find it in MercTown or Triax 2
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

Colonel_Tetsuya wrote:
Hotrod wrote: NG makes two bird-headed SAMAS power armors that the Coalition seems fine with.

Uh... NG doesn't make SAMAS armor.

They make flying power armor. Flying-power-armor-with-wings does not a SAMAS make.

The Flying Titan is also a flying power armor with wings, but it is not a SAMAS.

Neither is either NG model (though it does say that the rocket pack on one of them - the Red Hawk i believe - bears a striking resemblance to the layout of the SAM).

More important is the fact that as Orin pointed out, the CS is VERY keen on keeping up the lie that THEY created the SAM, not that it is stolen/acquired pre-Rifts technology.

Coupled with the fact that it is quite a bit more powerful than the USA-SAM/Original CS SAM (and on par with the Super SAM), the CS would be EXTREMELY motivated to put the kibosh on it.

And as i said earlier, every other major manufacturer would be EXTREMELY interested in the fact that you have a factory that can produce Chromium armor. Bandito would quite happily kill for it - they have plans for the GB but not for the armor; if they got the plans for the armor, they could manufacture brand-new GBs. FQ would want to seize your factory and shut it down because they like being the only major force on North America with ready access.

NG would want you out of the market, and would probably... i mean, some aspects of the company are pretty shady - theyd probably kill for the formula for Chromium armor. You think the Samson is tough now? Wait till the Chromium Samson makes its debut.

Basically, you could NEVER let it get out you were manufacturing these things new. You'd be as good as dead, and/or have a permanent, super high bounty on your head.

You'd have to claim that you found a cache of them or something, and be careful about how many you sold, and even then - people would want to seize them.

And you can 100% guarantee that The Republicans would want to have a VERY pointed word. Immediately.

I look at the Silver Eagle depiction in Chaos Earth, and its styling bears only slightly more resemblance to the standard Coalition SAMAS than the NG Blue Hawk, the NG Red Hawk, and the Republican Golden Eagle (none of which mention the CS going bonkers over). All these power armors fly forward at low altitude in a standing-up stance with thrusters in the back and a big gun in one hand. The Flying Titan and Triax X-10 Predator are also similar.

I mean, I get that the C.S.'s concern over Bandito SAMAS suits; those are clearly SAMAS suits that match up in all but helmet/kneepad styling with the standard Coalition SAMAS. The Silver Eagle may be close enough to arouse some interest, but I don't see it as being in the same category.
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!
Emerald MoonSilver
Explorer

Hotrod wrote:
Colonel_Tetsuya wrote:

I look at the Silver Eagle depiction in Chaos Earth, and its styling bears only slightly more resemblance to the standard Coalition SAMAS than the NG Blue Hawk, the NG Red Hawk, and the Republican Golden Eagle (none of which mention the CS going bonkers over). All these power armors fly forward at low altitude in a standing-up stance with thrusters in the back and a big gun in one hand. The Flying Titan and Triax X-10 Predator are also similar.

I mean, I get that the C.S.'s concern over Bandito SAMAS suits; those are clearly SAMAS suits that match up in all but helmet/kneepad styling with the standard Coalition SAMAS. The Silver Eagle may be close enough to arouse some interest, but I don't see it as being in the same category.

ALso, one very important point that wasn't mentioned is that how the CS or NG or anyone else responds is strictly up to the individual DM. After all the CS and NG don't really exist, so how they responds depends on your game.
taalismn
Priest

Emerald MoonSilver wrote:[
ALso, one very important point that wasn't mentioned is that how the CS or NG or anyone else responds is strictly up to the individual DM. After all the CS and NG don't really exist, so how they responds depends on your game.

That depends on how thoroughly you want to rewrite the Rifts universe. The CS and NG are key parts(one providing a steady stream of stormtrooper mooks to avoid/fight and the other affordable weapons) of the canon post-apocalyptic setting as published that doing away with them is going to cause ripples, to say the least.

So what DOES take the place of these two entities in your game?
In one of the older Rifters, there was a scenario setting in which NEMA didn't fall, and is currently holding on, just barely, to power in providing security in a besieged North America. An extension of Chaos Earth where NEMA manages to pull together and hold the line. In such a setting, if the PCs find a working factory able to produce Silver Eagles. NEMA's going to want that factory back under their control...or at least supervise the PCs so that the SAMAS aren't going to warlords who will challenge the feds/Union while the latter are fighting monsters.

However, if you yank the CS, NG, or some other larger power out of the picture, what do you have? A heavily balkanized North America with no one power(aside from perhaps the PCs' or GMs' creation) dominating? The PCs are still going to be facing some ugly interested parties...at the very least the Black Market will want a piece of the action, they'll start looking to track down the source of the new SAMASes. and if they sense that the PCs can't hold their discovery, the PCs may wake up one morning in blankets of quick-set concrete, being carried for a permanent swim in the local waterway.

(IMHO, in a canon setting, the CS tolerates the NG designs because they're clearly post-Rifts designs that they can claim were inspired by the CS's 'original' creation.....CS spies in NG can tell them that. Silver Eagles, though....CS high military intelligence can tell that they're old NEMA designs, and that raises questions as to whether they're copies...and how complete?...using original tooling ...and who's making them? Is it a group with access to lostech and what else do they have? Or is there still a NEMA fragment the CS doesn't know about? Somebody they don't control? The CS will want to shut these people down until they have answers they like.)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Colonel_Tetsuya
Champion

Hotrod wrote:I look at the Silver Eagle depiction in Chaos Earth, and its styling bears only slightly more resemblance to the standard Coalition SAMAS than the NG Blue Hawk, the NG Red Hawk, and the Republican Golden Eagle (none of which mention the CS going bonkers over).

Well, as was said, the Red Hawk and Blue Hawk are clearly post-Rifts designs that the CS can point to and say: "inspired by the famous Coalition SAMAS".

The Golden Eagle - no one knows about it. There are only 2000-some of them and the Republicans haven't deployed them in anything resembling numbers.

But both the Golden Eagle and Silver Eagle (the Golden Eagle being basically the exact same design without Chromium Armor) are going to boot up and say "Welcome to your Silver Eagle S.A.M.A.S. Power Armor". Any investigation with complex means (like object reading) is going to point to clear Pre-Rifts elements and or straight up let the cat of the bag - They're SAMAS - and Pre-Rifts (designed) SAMs at that.

Beyond that - as i was trying to point out, its their construction thats going to have everyone after your hide.

Because if you're manufacturing them... you can manufacture Chromium Armor.

That, and that alone, is a death mark. Or at the very least a "get kidnapped and tortured for information" mark.

Every tech power that isn't the CS and FQ would KILL for that secret. And FQ would kill you BECAUSE you know the secret.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Hotrod wrote:I look at the Silver Eagle depiction in Chaos Earth, and its styling bears only slightly more resemblance to the standard Coalition SAMAS than the NG Blue Hawk, the NG Red Hawk, and the Republican Golden Eagle (none of which mention the CS going bonkers over). All these power armors fly forward at low altitude in a standing-up stance with thrusters in the back and a big gun in one hand. The Flying Titan and Triax X-10 Predator are also similar.

The CS doesn't know about the Republicans (or Archie-3), so we can't really point to them as a typical response.

Northern Gun suits are actually a departure for the typical implied CS response as known from the Black Market and Native American suits (mentioened in WB14 and WB15). Then again the CS probably knows the NG suits are post-Rifts variations, where the Silver Eagle is practically speaking a Pre-Rifts Design and the CS would know about it. CS response to Archie-3 would also suggest the CS would go after a Silver Eagle SAMAS, and IINM the CS is looking at a resource shortage (and needs new manufacturing capacity so a SAMAS producer is going to be very desireable for them).
Emerald MoonSilver
Explorer

Colonel_Tetsuya wrote:
Emerald MoonSilver wrote:Well we already have the NGR selling their tc20 terrain hoppers, t550 glitterboys and x-10a out of their new merctown factory.

MercTown Factory? Got a source on that? Not saying youre wrong, but i cant find it in MercTown or Triax 2

Well that's from our original campaign, not the published material. We decided to make some changes to how the demon invasion is affectign people, one of the changes is that the NGR is now setting up factories in the U.S. incase the gargoyle invasion gets any worse. Our groups home base in California is now negotiating with the NGR to sell them the SIlver Eagle Samas that we are producing sold, through them, making it an "Official" NGR product, splitting the profits of course. Our group is also dealing with the New Sacramento Govt, that has ties to the New Navy, and is now equal in size to NG. Basically a new Power is being created out West. Of course the NGR also has unofficial ties to the NGR and the new CA govt. It's been very interesting so far. I am not the DM of the campaign in case you are wondering.. 8-) :twisted:
taalismn
Priest

Well that's from our original campaign, not the published material. We decided to make some changes to how the demon invasion is affectign people, one of the changes is that the NGR is now setting up factories in the U.S. incase the gargoyle invasion gets any worse. Our groups home base in California is now negotiating with the NGR to sell them the SIlver Eagle Samas that we are producing sold, through them, making it an "Official" NGR product, splitting the profits of course. :

Make DAMN sure that a confidentiality agreement is part of your deal with Triax...then move your factory someplace else.
As the NGR is chummy with the CS, even if they have their differences, there's the chance that some bribable NGR/Triax official or idiot-ball-dropper official might sell/fink/casually blow you out.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Emerald MoonSilver
Explorer

taalismn wrote:
Well that's from our original campaign, not the published material. We decided to make some changes to how the demon invasion is affectign people, one of the changes is that the NGR is now setting up factories in the U.S. incase the gargoyle invasion gets any worse. Our groups home base in California is now negotiating with the NGR to sell them the SIlver Eagle Samas that we are producing sold, through them, making it an "Official" NGR product, splitting the profits of course. :

Make DAMN sure that a confidentiality agreement is part of your deal with Triax...then move your factory someplace else.
As the NGR is chummy with the CS, even if they have their differences, there's the chance that some bribable NGR/Triax official or idiot-ball-dropper official might sell/fink/casually blow you out.

The factory in question is no where near the city or the mercenary HQ. The goods are made in a hidden base in Southern CA then shipped through a gate courtesy of the company's mages. Things are shipped with the wings off teh given over to the NGR. If this works out then some new mecha like the Samas and other power armor except fire resistant or impact resistant armor are in the works.
guardiandashi
Hero

Unread post by guardiandashi »

In our campaign I had a Character that was an on again off again inter dimensional arms dealer.
She was an authorized sales rep for 2 Corps
KHI run by one of her friends, and she never told anyone but besides being an authorized sales rep (when she put on her KHI sales rep hat) she was also on the board of directors, to the tune of 8% of the annual Revenue that she rarely drew upon. last time we figured it out her balance was in the Trillions of credits. to the point that she could buy anything in the catalog, and it wouldn't significantly affect her balance.

The other Corp she sometimes acted as a sales rep for was DHI which was short for DeVreis Heavy Industries. DHI's business model was rather different in that the Catalog was a lot smaller and most of the time they acted as a hybrid shipping/ manufacturing firm.
if you wanted A viper, or the laser pistols from O Battlestar Galactica she could get them.
Want an AS-7D Atlas class Mecha she could get those also, PNT-3R Panther Class Mecha well she could provide them, although they might be manufactured by either DHI, or LAW depending on factors. Timberwolf Class Mecha? most of those would be manufactured by DHI due to purchasing issues.
want generic weapons well then the question is ballistic, or energy, with various sub categories available.
want generic body armor? she often has sales on CVR-3 body armor, which is decent 50MDC laser resistant body armor but can also support Cyclone power armor. VF series fighters are also available in very limited quantities.
TIE fighters? those are available as well. Freighters and Capital ships, well she can get them but they tend to be rather pricey
taalismn
Priest

The factory in question is no where near the city or the mercenary HQ. The goods are made in a hidden base in Southern CA then shipped through a gate courtesy of the company's mages. Things are shipped with the wings off teh given over to the NGR. If this works out then some new mecha like the Samas and other power armor except fire resistant or impact resistant armor are in the works.

Good...now all you have to worry about is some Vanguard snoop trying to backtrace you via magic scrying or some such. Thankfully no Vanguard's learned Temporal Magic because Remote Viewing is a security nightmare....

Yeah...add Federation of Magic or Tolkeenites looking to get some extra toys....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

ShadowLogan wrote:Then again the CS probably knows the NG suits are post-Rifts variations, where the Silver Eagle is practically speaking a Pre-Rifts Design and the CS would know about it.

Would the CS know that this is a pre-Rifts design, though? I mean, sure, there would be some elites who would know this, but very few get trusted with unabridged history books, and those are hardly the types who would spend significant time out in the field. I see a few interesting possibilities.

Let's say a CS patrol takes some images of a Silver Eagle and forwards them up. The CS military, of which virtually none know the true history of NEMA and its tech, let alone where SAMAS armor actually comes from, assumes that Free Quebec, Triax, or some other manufacturer has made a silver SAMAS-like armor. Since it isn't a carbon copy of the SAMAS like what Bandito Arms is doing, they won't get too worried, unless this suit becomes common.

There may be too few people in the know, and too many action reports to go through, such that they never find out that there are some Silver Eagle suits out and on the loose. In big government organizations, the left hand often has no idea what the right hand is doing, especially when secrecy and compartmentalization is involved.

If the people in the know find out, they may decide not to take action, as a handful of suits aren't strategically significant, and those folks in the know are likely to be pretty high up and focused on national-level strategy. Taking aggressive action against this specific suit would likely raise uncomfortable questions among the rank and file.

If the people in the know find out, they may assume that such suits come from an old cache
. They'd likely be interested in acquiring such a suit intact to reverse-engineer and study it. The Coalition could probably learn a good bit from the suit itself. Using an agent to buy it or a small strike team to acquire it would be an appropriate response.

If the people in the know find out and have reason to believe that someone is actively manufacturing Silver Eagles, then they will likely respond more aggressively, both to shut down the rogue manufacturer and to seize (preferably) or destroy (if necessary) the factory. This will be both to ensure the "CS invented the SAMAS" lie continues and also to eliminate a dangerous and unpredicable source of suits that can rival their own SAMAS suits.

Of course, the Coalition would have to find the factory before launching such a strike. A little misdirection could go a long way here. The manufacturer could stamp Free Quebec logos and serial numbers on the suits, and the Coalition elites would probably suspect FQ of making these first anyway (they have already demonstrated that they can make new GBs and new SAMASes). This could invite some unwelcome attention from Free Quebec's intelligence and special operations community. Alternately, some Triax logos could misdirect the Coalition's attention for a while without getting Triax's attention (the NGR aren't likely to put resources into hunting stuff down in North America).
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!
Emerald MoonSilver
Explorer

Just had our latest campaign session the other day. Our little mercenary group and their home base just finished negotiations with the NGR. The Silver Eagle and later mecha, being designed are receiving Official Triax serial numbers stamps on all parts before they are shipped out of the Hidden Southern California base, then rifted towards our usual meeting place. Profits for both sides are project to be quite generous, with our little gorup possible even being allowed to buy the flying Glitter Boys that the NGR produces.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

guardiandashi wrote:In one of our campaigns i had a character that did the whole arms and equipment dealer thing, its rather over rated, especially when someone like the Coalition, or Nauroni gets all upset about you stealing their market share, and then you have to slap them down by threats, and following through, and then its work work work, all the time...

Yea I had the problem with stormspire a few times, when a TW opened a factory. (in addition to the normal CS problems.) I opened a factory to make tanks and TW tanks. CS took out most major suppliers.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Warshield73 wrote:
taalismn wrote:

It occurred to me that in Rifts all of these things would take on a whole new level.

What do you say to a full conversion borg that wants a refund for the plasma ejector that broke down in combat?

How do you stop a mage for "window-shopping" with mystic portal and taking half your inventory?

UMM is forgive me but window shopping when you look but not buy. Using mystic portal and taking half your inventory is shoplifting not window shopping.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

Take a look at who in Rifts North America understands what is a SAMAS vs just a winged armor. You have the Coalition States for sure, as well as at least parts of the Black Market for sure (Area 51). You also have a good chunk of the Native American Preserves, at least the tech based ones with limited manufacturing, plus all the pieces of Archie as well as the Republicans. Even if you throw out Northern Gun, whoever Wilk's is, and similar you still have a lot of groups on the continent with original knowledge of SAMs. It would make sense that FQ and possible even the Tundra Rangers would "remember" the NEMA Sams, but I don't know that for a fact.

Now, I tend to have issues with the idea that the SAMAS is CS only, and nobody has ever heard of it as a Pre-Rifts suit, yet they are scattered manufacturers and examples sprinkled all over the continent, but that is a different topic.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
Blue_Lion
Knight

The coalition high command and intelligence would know what a silver eagle samas is. The problem is they want people to think they invented that requires capturing and destroying evidence to the contrary. Thus the problem with bandito, same with a new maker in there sphere of influence.

Orin J.
Adventurer

Unread post by Orin J. »

RockJock wrote:whoever Wilk's is-
apparently exactly what they look like, one of the tolkeen books mentions that a guy took out a decent loan to refurbish a pre-rifts manufacturing facility somewhere in the northwest from tolkeen and that became wilk's. they're just mysterious because they understandably want to be left out of all that power-brokering as i understood it. hilariously lacking in sinister meaning.
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

A group in Rifts without a sinister motive! Unpossible! :p

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.

Return to “Rifts®”