Fixing Ninja Boots?

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Prole
Wanderer

Fixing Ninja Boots?

Unread post by Prole »

Link to podcast I found

I was just reminded just how overpriced and completely lacking in features the Ninja Boots are. Are they a scam? I think so. Ninjas, and dare I say it, Superspies need good, solid, operational boots.

I'm thinking a Kevlar weave, maybe a version with a steel toe and a version without. I'm thinking we make them waterproof.

Thoughts?
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Fixing Ninja Boots?

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

I don't know are you being serious or tongue in cheek like the guy?

Tongue in cheek... sure can add rockets to then the ninja doesnt even need to climb walls. Obviously we arent worried about stealth since we're considering steel toe.

Serious... they are expensive. They're thick cloths boots and have a soft cloth lining the toes are split like the tabi socks and the soles are rubber but they're flexible allowing the wearer to protect their feet and still feel what they're walking on. Kevin or Erik probably got the price from a martial arts specialty mag which are going to charge a premium from importing them from Asia. In reality the ninja was likely required to make their suit from scratch.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Prole
Wanderer

Unread post by Prole »

Sounds like something you could get for 40 dollars, and I'm pretty sure stuff imported from Asia is cheaper.
Rogerd
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Rogerd »

in Japan they wear tabi on building sites complete with steel toe caps!
Or so I am told by those that have visited Japan.
Imagine getting kicked with those things!
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

Tabi boots from a martial arts store are not very expensive. I guess it depends on the material you're making them from, but the book probably has more high end tabi boots if they are jacking the price. The book lists them for $100 but you could probably find the type listed in the book for as low as $60 IRL. Cheaper tabi boots than the ones listed in the book, that only come up just above the ankle, go for $40. Ones totally cloth with no thick sole only cloth because they are made for indoors go for $25. Actual ninjas used the kind with the cloth bottom, not hard soles anyways.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”