attn: Palladium Staff - re: product accessibility

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Shark_Force
Palladin

Re: attn: Palladium Staff - re: product accessibility

Unread post by Shark_Force »

so, just to start off, if you have a gaming store nearby, you may be able to order it through them even if they don't regularly stock anything from palladium.

apart from that, you could always just get yourself a PO box across the border and ship them to there, then pick them up for the last little bit. i'm not 100% certain, but i think you're allowed 100 dollars worth of stuff across the border for a day trip without paying taxes, last i checked. obviously, you should get something more reliable than vague memories of some random person on the internet as your basis for that plan, though ;)
Mr. Jays
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Mr. Jays »

Shark_Force wrote:so, just to start off, if you have a gaming store nearby, you may be able to order it through them even if they don't regularly stock anything from palladium.

In fact, this is the way Palladium would prefer you order their products
--- author of "All Quiet on the Western.....What?" Rifter 84
Razzinold
Hero
Comment: HTTP 404 [witty comment not found]

Unread post by Razzinold »

BuzzardB wrote:Fellow Canadian here with an idea for you.
If you live close to the border then it might be viable for you to use an American parcel pickup service.
Basically they give you a shipping address thats close to the border and you have stuff shipped there. You can then scoot across the border and go pick it up for a small fee.
I use one in Blaine, Washington and it costs $3 for a pickup (and a border wait), often saving me $60+ in shipping.

Very clever idea.
As a fellow Canadian I too struggle with the high cost of shipping items. My local game store refuses to order PB products, and by local I am referring to the closest shop to where I live which is a 30 minute drive away, so I was kind of stuck on how to get product.
The solution that worked for me is my wife surprised me with an EPIC Christmas gift last year. She ordered one of the Christmas grab bags and she said with everything thing that I received it was totally worth what she paid for it.

To the O.P.:
On a side note, depending on how old you are, if you live that close couldn't you just drive over then and purchase the product ? Does PB have a small store at the warehouse or is that just during the PB Open House ?
Last edited by Razzinold on Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain_Nibbz
Adventurer

Unread post by Captain_Nibbz »

Razzinold wrote:
If you live close to the border then it might be viable for you to use an American parcel pickup service.
Basically they give you a shipping address thats close to the border and you have stuff shipped there. You can then scoot across the border and go pick it up for a small fee.
I use one in Blaine, Washington and it costs $3 for a pickup (and a border wait), often saving me $60+ in shipping.

Very clever idea.
As a fellow Canadian I too struggle with the high cost of shipping items. My local game store refuses to order PB products, and by local I am referring to the closest shop to where I live which is a 30 minute drive away, so I was kind of stuck on how to get product.
The solution that worked for me is my wife surprised me with an EPIC Christmas gift last year. She ordered one of the Christmas grab bags and she said with everything thing that I received it was totally worth what she paid for it.

On a side note, depending on how old you are, if you live that close couldn't you just drive over then and purchase the product ? Does PB have a small store at the warehouse or is that just during the PB Open House ?

Just a bit of geography, Washington is on the West Coast, where as the Palladium offices are located in the Mid-West, so it would be about a 10 - 20 hour drive (depending on pit stops, etc.) :(
A good friend will help you hide a body. A best friend will lend you the P.P.E. you need to resurrect the body as a loyal zombie servant.

"If I kept a list of all time worst Sound Off threads, this would be way up there." - Mack
palladiumjunkie
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by palladiumjunkie »

Captain_Nibbz wrote:
Razzinold wrote:

Very clever idea.

Just a bit of geography, Washington is on the West Coast, where as the Palladium offices are located in the Mid-West, so it would be about a 10 - 20 hour drive (depending on pit stops, etc.) :(

Pretty sure that sentence was meant for the original poster, as the OP did state that they lived just across the border from the Palladium offices.
"Quality takes time. Poop comes out multiple times a year." -MrNexx

"Choosing to house-rule in order to customize the game to your liking can be a beautiful thing.
But being forced to house-rule in order to make the game playable at all is not." - Killer Cyborg
Captain_Nibbz
Adventurer

Unread post by Captain_Nibbz »

palladiumjunkie wrote:
Captain_Nibbz wrote:
Razzinold wrote:

Very clever idea.

Pretty sure that sentence was meant for the original poster, as the OP did state that they lived just across the border from the Palladium offices.

Ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh! :oops: I totally misread that whole thing. Sorry 'bout that.
A good friend will help you hide a body. A best friend will lend you the P.P.E. you need to resurrect the body as a loyal zombie servant.

"If I kept a list of all time worst Sound Off threads, this would be way up there." - Mack
AlexM
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by AlexM »

I would definitely contact a local store that sells RPGs and ask if they can order our books. It should be no problem. If a problem comes up, please PM me.

Alex Marciniszyn

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”