High speed dodging

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Luvia
D-Bee

High speed dodging

Unread post by Luvia »

I am having trouble finding something. Could someone point me to where in the rules it gave a bonus to dodging for moving high speed?(It also might be apenalty to strike i dont quite remember.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: High speed dodging

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

RUE page 361. Shooting at a moving target. RUE overhauled the modern weapons rules in RUE so they may be different than you remember.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Luvia
D-Bee

Unread post by Luvia »

thank you so much!
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

The penalty to hit fast-moving targets doesn't actually require them to dodge, of course.

TMNT has a dodge bonus on the spd attribute chart but I haven't seen it in any other main books.
Luvia
D-Bee

Unread post by Luvia »

Axelmania wrote:The penalty to hit fast-moving targets doesn't actually require them to dodge, of course.

TMNT has a dodge bonus on the spd attribute chart but I haven't seen it in any other main books.

Yeah it's a strike penalty . I have a player who has a sam suit. (Robot slammer from the Canada book) well I'm trying to help him not take so many hits. I couldn't quite remember where the rule was. I prefer the original main book for the most part.
Colonel_Tetsuya
Champion

Unread post by Colonel_Tetsuya »

Even in the old RMB, the SAM (any flying PA) got +5 to dodge while flying from Elite PA combat. Thats in addition to any other bonuses (attributes, skills, h2h skill, etc) so he already should have had a fairly high dodge bonus even without exceptional attributes.
Im loving the Foes list; it's the only thing keeping me from tearing out my eyes from the dumb.
Luvia
D-Bee

Unread post by Luvia »

Yeah. I sort of suspect he isn't tracking all his bonuses.

Return to “Rifts®”