Ideas for a Werewolf Themed Adventure

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Captain_Nibbz
Adventurer

Ideas for a Werewolf Themed Adventure

Unread post by Captain_Nibbz »

So recently one of my players came to me and asked if we could continue our BtS game as a side game once a month on our game night. This really excited me because I'm a huge fan of the game and I had a blast running my last campaign arc where the party accidentally discovered the lair of a Vampire that they weren't supposed to be able to find. After turning the Vampire to mist twice, the group fled back to their university and tried to forget that the incident happened.

(For anyone interested here is the campaign log: Nibbz's BtS Campaign Log

My plan is to advance the timeline by a few months after the events of the Balmoral House and have the party facing up against a Werewolf that is murdering students on their campus over Spring Break. I have a couple of ideas for the investigation half of things (such as mutilated animal reports, the typical large dog sightings in the area, etc), but was hoping to poll the forums for any suggestions that you people might have for this kind of adventure.

I'm totally cool with cheesy, stereotypical suggestions, or anything that anyone has. I'm not very familiar with the Werewolf genre of horror at all, and I don't think my players are either, so anything you guys have is completely welcome!

Thanks in advance,
Captain Nibbz
A good friend will help you hide a body. A best friend will lend you the P.P.E. you need to resurrect the body as a loyal zombie servant.

"If I kept a list of all time worst Sound Off threads, this would be way up there." - Mack
Father Goose
Adventurer
Comment: If I could go back in time, I would join the cast of "The Thrilling Adventure Hour"

Re: Ideas for a Werewolf Themed Adventure

Unread post by Father Goose »

Watch 'The Order' on Netflix for an example of werewolf activity on a college campus. You can use it as a skeletal frame for your story, then modify it to fit your needs.
taalismn wrote:Hey, you came up with a novel, attention-getting idea, you did the legwork, you worked it through, you made it fit the setting, even though initial thought might be 'nah, it can't work, it's too silly/stupid/lame', and you posted something that only required a little adjustment, yet can be added to, without diluting its original concept. How can we not give you due support and credit?
Captain_Nibbz
Adventurer

I've actually already seen The Order, thanks for the reminder! I'm going to steal a lot of ideas from that now that you've brought that back to my attention.
A good friend will help you hide a body. A best friend will lend you the P.P.E. you need to resurrect the body as a loyal zombie servant.

"If I kept a list of all time worst Sound Off threads, this would be way up there." - Mack
Father Goose
Adventurer
Comment: If I could go back in time, I would join the cast of "The Thrilling Adventure Hour"

Captain_Nibbz wrote:I've actually already seen The Order, thanks for the reminder! I'm going to steal a lot of ideas from that now that you've brought that back to my attention.

Glad I could help! I think a twist on the ideas presented there would make for a fun game, and still surprise any players who have also watched the show. Should make for an entertaining bit of story.
taalismn wrote:Hey, you came up with a novel, attention-getting idea, you did the legwork, you worked it through, you made it fit the setting, even though initial thought might be 'nah, it can't work, it's too silly/stupid/lame', and you posted something that only required a little adjustment, yet can be added to, without diluting its original concept. How can we not give you due support and credit?
Captain_Nibbz
Adventurer

Father Goose wrote:
Captain_Nibbz wrote:I've actually already seen The Order, thanks for the reminder! I'm going to steal a lot of ideas from that now that you've brought that back to my attention.

Glad I could help! I think a twist on the ideas presented there would make for a fun game, and still surprise any players who have also watched the show. Should make for an entertaining bit of story.

I actually really "enjoyed" the show (and by that I mean I was intrigued enough to keep watching), but I feel like they totally messed up the ending in the last like . . . 2 minutes. Either way though, still a ton of ideas to be mined from it :D

Father Goose
Adventurer

Captain_Nibbz wrote:
Father Goose wrote:

I actually really "enjoyed" the show (and by that I mean I was intrigued enough to keep watching), but I feel like they totally messed up the ending in the last like . . . 2 minutes. Either way though, still a ton of ideas to be mined from it :D

That was my general assessment as well.
Makes you wonder how they will right things in season 2, if they get a second season.
DevastationBob
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by DevastationBob »

Since nobody else mentioned it, the old Boxed Nightmares supplement for BTS1 had a pretty cool werewolf adventure in it.
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”