Knock out from behind

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Steinerwan
D-Bee

Knock out from behind

Unread post by Steinerwan »

For the knock out from behind ability, it doesn't clarify in the rules whether it's an automatic knock out like a critical strike from behind is an automatic critical or do you have to roll the number needed to succeed at the knock out?
dreicunan
Hero

Re: Knock out from behind

Unread post by dreicunan »

I always thought that it was automatic so long as the strike is successful.
Axelmania wrote:You of course, being the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not.
Declared the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not by Axelmania on 5.11.19.
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Jack Burton »

dreicunan wrote:I always thought that it was automatic so long as the strike is successful.

But you'd have to announce it beforehand, right?
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Jack Burton wrote:
dreicunan wrote:I always thought that it was automatic so long as the strike is successful.

But you'd have to announce it beforehand, right?

Unless it said that it's an automatic knockout from behind then yes.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

You have to wonder about situations where you would pass on a free knockout, unless it was mutually exclusive to some other form of modifier like a death blow...

Also I wonder how it works in respect to armor, like you need to roll higher than the AR to hit the person instead of the armor to succeed?

You'd think helmets would be of greater use in preventing knockouts than bulletproof vests, since the idea is you're aiming at the back of the head so torso armor should be of no help while helms-only would be of better help... but the rules are probably not that extensive.

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”