GenCon 2019

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

GenCon 2019

Unread post by Jack Burton »

I know it's 6 months out, but badges went on sale this last Sunday. I just got my 4-day one. Who else is going to Indianapolis for GenCon in August?
zerombr
Adventurer
Comment: Rifter Contributer 79, 81,82,83,84

Re: GenCon 2019

Unread post by zerombr »

you know I am, I think this time the game I'll run will involve the secret project you saw. Just need to come up with a game for it
"The Guides to the Megaverse(tm)" Podcast at https://guidesmegaverse.podbean.com/
Author of "Setting the Stage" - Rifter 79, "Hitting the Streets" - Rifter 81, "Hitting the Gym" - Rifter 82
"Saving the World", and "On the Hunt" - Rifter 83
and lastly, my baby, my long term project... The Dark City of Cascade - Rifter 84.
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Just put in for my PTO during Gen Con. I'll be there along with the rest of the Palladium Crew. This time making sure no schedule adventures
get assigned the wrong time.
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

zerombr wrote:you know I am, I think this time the game I'll run will involve the secret project you saw. Just need to come up with a game for it

I would hope you and the crew would be there! Ohhh! That will be cool! Which game? Palladium Fantasy?
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Reagren Wright wrote:Just put in for my PTO during Gen Con. I'll be there along with the rest of the Palladium Crew. This time making sure no schedule adventures

Ya, I was looking at signing up for that until I saw the hours... can't believe they wouldn't let you fix it! I still got to partake in the HU game you ran!
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

I'm jealous. I was thinking about going this year but I don't know what my job situation is going to be so I don't know if I will be off that weekend.

I plan to go on and try and see what PB games are being run just to torture myself.

zerombr wrote:you know I am, I think this time the game I'll run will involve the secret project you saw. Just need to come up with a game for it

Is the general public, or at least those of us on the boards, going to find out what this secret project you keep mentioning?
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
zerombr
Adventurer

Unread post by zerombr »

Warshield73 wrote:I'm jealous. I was thinking about going this year but I don't know what my job situation is going to be so I don't know if I will be off that weekend.

I plan to go on and try and see what PB games are being run just to torture myself.

Is the general public, or at least those of us on the boards, going to find out what this secret project you keep mentioning?

its nothing official, just a little side thing my group does occasionally. Its on our podcast.

As for what setting, probably fantasy, though Heroes is my stock in trade.
"The Guides to the Megaverse(tm)" Podcast at https://guidesmegaverse.podbean.com/
Author of "Setting the Stage" - Rifter 79, "Hitting the Streets" - Rifter 81, "Hitting the Gym" - Rifter 82
and lastly, my baby, my long term project... The Dark City of Cascade - Rifter 84.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

zerombr wrote:
Warshield73 wrote:I'm jealous. I was thinking about going this year but I don't know what my job situation is going to be so I don't know if I will be off that weekend.

its nothing official, just a little side thing my group does occasionally. Its on our podcast.

As for what setting, probably fantasy, though Heroes is my stock in trade.

OK, I have just seen you reference this before so it peaked my interest. I will take a look at the podcast.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
zerombr
Adventurer

Unread post by zerombr »

:D Check out any episode marked with 'The Paragons'
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Jack Burton wrote:
Reagren Wright wrote:Just put in for my PTO during Gen Con. I'll be there along with the rest of the Palladium Crew. This time making sure no schedule adventures

Ya, I was looking at signing up for that until I saw the hours... can't believe they wouldn't let you fix it! I still got to partake in the HU game you ran!

Two fantasy and one heroes. Yeah I said I was done doing Heroes Unlimited games until some
changes get done (Hardware Unlimited) but it just occurred to me it's been almost 30 years when
my cousin, some friends of his, and myself tried to create out own comic book company. A lot of
the super heroes/villains I've created were born during that period. Having failed to make the comic
book dream, my new goal is find a way to make those characters see print by giving them life in
Palladium, whether it's in convention adventures, printed in the remaining Rifters, or cannon NPCs
in Heroes Unlimited sourcebooks. The PF adventure on saturday that goes for 6 hours will be done
this time for sure. 11 AM TO 5 P.M.
Sardukar
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Sardukar »

Just bought my badge and booked my hotel. I ran one game last year and had two others, but they were no show. I think this year I will only run one or two.
kennethk
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by kennethk »

I am still undecided if I going to try to attend this year. I want to as it would be my first time, but expenses always makes me change my mind.
zerombr
Adventurer

Unread post by zerombr »

i'm going and I'll run again, but I think its time for something new!
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

zerombr wrote:i'm going and I'll run again, but I think its time for something new!

I wouldn't throw a fit if you ran a BtS game, you know.
zerombr
Adventurer

Unread post by zerombr »

I occasionally run the Black Cat Society. I'll consider it.
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

zerombr wrote:I occasionally run the Black Cat Society. I'll consider it.

Sounds intriguing! If you end up running it, I'm in.
Mr. Jays
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Mr. Jays »

I will be there and will be running at least one BTS game.
--- author of "All Quiet on the Western.....What?" Rifter 84
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Mr. Jays wrote:I will be there and will be running at least one BTS game.

Which one? Do you know yet?
Mr. Jays
Megaversal® Ambassador

I will at least be running "For We Are Many." I'm not sure what else I will run.
Sardukar
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Sardukar »

I am thinking of running a miniatures game based off the Juicer Uprising. The game rules would be similar to the old WotC Star Wars miniatures rules. I have the props, I would just have to develop and test the scenarios. Thoughts anyone?
Mr. Jays
Megaversal® Ambassador

I will be running:

BTS: "For We Are Many"
Rifts: "A Friend Indeed"
Dead Reign: "Detention"

Jack Burton, I know you played in at least one of these at the Open House

Reagren Wright, I expect at least on Hotel game with you and Silva is playing his hamster in my Rifts game
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Mr. Jays wrote:I will be running:

BTS: "For We Are Many"
Rifts: "A Friend Indeed"
Dead Reign: "Detention"

Jack Burton, I know you played in at least one of these at the Open House

Reagren Wright, I expect at least on Hotel game with you and Silva is playing his hamster in my Rifts game

My wife and I played "All Quiet on the Western... What?" She complained that she had to continually heal me after I kept getting mangled by all the fun stuff I got myself into. I've never played "For We Are Many." I ought to check that out!
Mr. Jays
Megaversal® Ambassador

I thought you were in my Rifts game as well. I guess I was mistaken. Be quick though. "For We Are Many" only has 6 spots.
Ulairi
D-Bee

Unread post by Ulairi »

I'm going this year with the whole family. My eldest daughter wants to play in a Palladium Fantasy game. I'm hoping to play in some Beyond the Supernatural games.
zerombr
Adventurer

Unread post by zerombr »

i'll actually be running fantasy this year, but its going to have the 'secret project' involved. :D hopefully it won't complicate things too much more
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

If any of you are running palladium games at Gen Con and have not sent an email to ambassadors@palladiumbooks.com, please do so now.

If you submitted your game already, PM or email me your email address and the event ID. I can then get the game moved to Palladium account and potentially get you a GM badge that you can use to refund the cost of your regular attendee badge.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Hinshaw
Newb

Unread post by Hinshaw »

Happy to read Palladium is going to have a strong presence. This year's GenCon is going to rock!
Premier
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

Unread post by Premier »

Sardukar wrote:Just bought my badge and booked my hotel. I ran one game last year and had two others, but they were no show. I think this year I will only run one or two.

Hey Sardukar,

I just wanted to say Thank You to you and EVERY fellow GM for running Palladium games at Gen Con!
We appreciate all of your creative efforts, preparation, time, energy and the fun you bring and share with the gaming community!

I read your post and was concerned about you experiencing "no shows" at some of your events. My goal is to try and promote and boost the awareness of GMs running Palladium games at all conventions.

Inquired about this issue and learned that it is best to get all of your games properly submitted before February 15th of that corresponding Gen Con's year to ensure that your games will be posted in the Gen Con program. Doing so often (not always) leads to more successful turn outs. Games that do not make it into the program can be more of a hit or miss as there are less people who are aware that they are running.

Another part of what Palladium can do to help is by promoting your events in the Palladium weekly update. Typically we request the following:

1. A solid paragraph synopsis of what your gaming event will entail. A good adventure write up goes a long way in informing potential players what type of game they could experience, and can draw in many players. I can't stress this part enough.
2. How many player slots are available.
3. Duration of the game.
4. Start time and end time.
5. Pre-gens only or available or Player characters welcomed.
6. Maturity and experience requirements, if any.

We plan to post the games of Gen Con 2019 in the future weekly updates (as things get closer to Gen Con) to best assist and promote the adventures at Gen Con.

Hopes this helps in the future and please keep up the awesome Gaming!

Cheers,
Chuck
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Mr. Jays wrote:I thought you were in my Rifts game as well. I guess I was mistaken. Be quick though. "For We Are Many" only has 6 spots.

Looks like you're the only game in town! No other BtS games are scheduled. If everything works out, which it should, my buddy and I will put in for it when the events open up for registration.
Mr. Jays
Megaversal® Ambassador

Jack Burton wrote:
Mr. Jays wrote:I thought you were in my Rifts game as well. I guess I was mistaken. Be quick though. "For We Are Many" only has 6 spots.

Looks like you're the only game in town! No other BtS games are scheduled. If everything works out, which it should, my buddy and I will put in for it when the events open up for registration.

Great! See you then.

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”