Megaverse® Insider

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Alpha 11
Palladin

Megaverse® Insider

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Just hope they have learned from the Northern Gun one, and don't take an extra 6 months, or however long it took to finish it. After what happen to that one, and RTT, they need to show that things can get done, and done in short order. I will try and get in on this. Just don't waste this opertunity with this, and get some good will back with the fans.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Re: Megaverse® Insider

Unread post by Shark_Force »

palladium has a long history of struggling to get things out as fast as they think they can get things out. it goes far back before the other megaversal insiders and RRT, and in all probability will continue to be an issue going forward, though not *necessarily* with this specific product. i'll be more than happy to be wrong if they do indeed get this out as quickly as they've promised, but in my experience, a palladium product is either "almost finished" (anywhere from a month to years or more, with a small chance of never) or it is at the printers (and will generally be out in less than a month).

not saying nobody should sign on for this. if you want it, by all means go for it; from my perspective, it looks like a pretty good deal. i *am* saying that i wouldn't count on it coming any time soon until you hear the magic words "the manuscript has been sent to the printer", and be prepared to wait a long while before you get the thing you bought, regardless of what palladium plans. if waiting a week or a month or 6 months or a year (or more) longer than you were expecting to wait before you get what you ordered is going to enrage you beyond all comprehension, you probably should wait until it's for sure done and buy it when it is actually in stock, because the future is never certain and you apparently are not cut out for (very) delayed gratification.
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

Here's the strategy to avoid stress with PB proposed dates or for most any Kickstarter: take their announced date of delivery and add ONE YEAR. If it comes before then, boom be happy. Otherwise, don't stress it.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Spinachcat wrote:Here's the strategy to avoid stress with PB proposed dates or for most any Kickstarter: take their announced date of delivery and add ONE YEAR. If it comes before then, boom be happy. Otherwise, don't stress it.

This is my strategy for all my entertainment. I have never been able to get that worked up when a book or a movie is delayed.

If you think being a PB fan is tough my friends who are George RR Martin fans seem to really loose it on delays.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
jcfiala
D-Bee

Unread post by jcfiala »

Spinachcat wrote:Here's the strategy to avoid stress with PB proposed dates or for most any Kickstarter: take their announced date of delivery and add ONE YEAR. If it comes before then, boom be happy. Otherwise, don't stress it.

So, basically treat them as kickstarter rewards... my slogan is "Half a year late is just on time" for kickstarters.
-----
John Fiala
Will Run Conventions for Food
AlexM
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by AlexM »

I'm just here to remind people that this Megaverse Insider ends on April 8. Get the details here: http://palladium-store.com/1001/categor ... sider.html

Alex Marciniszyn
Alpha 11
Palladin

Oh, I know what has gone on in the past. I'm just hoping that for once, that can be avoided. Expessily with this. I say they got like 1, 2 months top, before people who bought into this begin to start complaining when there is "no real update". And them basicly saying the some thing over and over again. If they need to do a 3rd book, then do a 3rd book. Divide it up to into about 3 evenly numbered paged books and just finish up the 1st one. Even if it means a smaller page count then what they have said the books would be, since they said it looks like a 3rd book will be needed.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Alpha 11 wrote:Just hope they have learned from the Northern Gun one, and don't take an extra 6 months, or however long it took to finish it. After what happen to that one, and RTT, they need to show that things can get done, and done in short order. I will try and get in on this. Just don't waste this opertunity with this, and get some good will back with the fans.

If they are going to do these they need to make sure the books are basically "complete" other than adding in people names who pay for that. The problem with NG1 is they jumped the gun no pun intended and started the campaign too early.
palladiumjunkie
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by palladiumjunkie »

kaid wrote:If they are going to do these they need to make sure the books are basically "complete" other than adding in people names who pay for that. The problem with NG1 is they jumped the gun no pun intended and started the campaign too early.

Yep. Exactly why I bought into the Rifts Lemuria Megaversal Insider, and not the Northern Gun Insiders. For Lemuria, at the time, Palladium showed that it was the current book in the pipeline, and nearly complete, before they even started the Megaversal Insider for it. On the Northern Gun ones, it was basically, "We are nearly done, but we are going to be finishing these other books, before we start the final work on Northern Gun". To me, that was Palladium speak for we haven't even really started on Northern Gun...

-Chris
"Quality takes time. Poop comes out multiple times a year." -MrNexx

"Choosing to house-rule in order to customize the game to your liking can be a beautiful thing.
But being forced to house-rule in order to make the game playable at all is not." - Killer Cyborg
Myrrhibis
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Myrrhibis »

kaid wrote:
Alpha 11 wrote:Just hope they have learned from the Northern Gun one, and don't take an extra 6 months, or however long it took to finish it. After what happen to that one, and RTT, they need to show that things can get done, and done in short order. I will try and get in on this. Just don't waste this opertunity with this, and get some good will back with the fans.

If they are going to do these they need to make sure the books are basically "complete" other than adding in people names who pay for that. The problem with NG1 is they jumped the gun no pun intended and started the campaign too early.

Don't forget that they implied that they had this massive book that needed to be split into NG1 & 2, with NG2 immediately coming after NG1...
But didn't appear for around 18months after NG1.

I'll do it, because I am almost a PDF-only owner now due to growing up & downsizing, and... It's Palladium.

And then I'll go off & forget about it until the link appears in my Inbox, because... It's Palladium.

I like the addition of the In Memorium option - sadly, there's a couple names I'll likely get inserted. My dad who played PBF and was the Court Martial Officer in a memorable Rifts campaign, and for a friend who left too soon.
Myrrhibis
--the VAwitchy Gamer Chick
Help my eggs & hatchlings to grow to hatch: Get your own @ Dragcave.net

Alpha 11
Palladin

Well, it seems that this one is more further along then was NG. At least, that is what I seem to get from the updates.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Alpha 11 wrote:Well, it seems that this one is more further along then was NG. At least, that is what I seem to get from the updates.

I love PB, I can't wait for these books and I think you are right that these books are basically done. But I'm not putting any money on it. I mean aside from the several hundred dollars I just gave them for the Insider.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Myrrhibis wrote:
kaid wrote:

Don't forget that they implied that they had this massive book that needed to be split into NG1 & 2, with NG2 immediately coming after NG1...
But didn't appear for around 18months after NG1.

I'll do it, because I am almost a PDF-only owner now due to growing up & downsizing, and... It's Palladium.

And then I'll go off & forget about it until the link appears in my Inbox, because... It's Palladium.

I like the addition of the In Memorium option - sadly, there's a couple names I'll likely get inserted. My dad who played PBF and was the Court Martial Officer in a memorable Rifts campaign, and for a friend who left too soon.

The size of NG2 wound up being like 2 or 3 times bigger page count wise than originally estimated as well. The final product was awesome but there was some serious feature creep happening.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Alpha 11 wrote:Well, it seems that this one is more further along then was NG. At least, that is what I seem to get from the updates.

Honestly I think for basically a monster manual since the art seems like it is done it probably is about ready to get kicked out the door soon. I think their creative juices got flowing and this book is coming in much bigger than they were originally thinking but honestly rifts can really really use a good monster manual type series so glad they finally pulled the trigger on it.

This makes me feel more like lemuria for how far it is along and less like NG1-2.
Alpha 11
Palladin

kaid wrote:

Honestly I think for basically a monster manual since the art seems like it is done it probably is about ready to get kicked out the door soon. I think their creative juices got flowing and this book is coming in much bigger than they were originally thinking but honestly rifts can really really use a good monster manual type series so glad they finally pulled the trigger on it.

This makes me feel more like lemuria for how far it is along and less like NG1-2.

Now lets just hope it stays true to that.
Premier
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

Unread post by Premier »

kaid wrote:

You must have some strong... ISP flowing through your veins Kaid. I can't wait to see, experience, play, and read what you guys think of some of these critters, the good, the bad and the beyond ugly. Extremely proud of you guys and gals for this project and I'm already deep into volume 2 concepts and artwork.

Super congrats to all of you! The Ultimate Benefactor soared out the door the first day and the Benefactors were being scrambled and flying out nearly just as fast.

Cheers,
Chuck

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”