Monsters for BtS II?

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

daddystabz
Wanderer

Monsters for BtS II?

Unread post by daddystabz »

Where can I find traditional vampires, werewolves, mummies, etc. for this game, please? I'm also looking for Lovecraftian horrors as well. The bestiary is the most disappointing part of this game so far. I just picked up the core 2e rulebook.

Seeking lots of gothic and Lovecraftian monsters to use.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Re: Monsters for BtS II?

Unread post by Warshield73 »

daddystabz wrote:Where can I find traditional vampires, werewolves, mummies, etc. for this game, please? I'm also looking for Lovecraftian horrors as well. The bestiary is the most disappointing part of this game so far. I just picked up the core 2e rulebook.

Seeking lots of gothic and Lovecraftian monsters to use.

This was supposed to be Tome Grotesque which has been on the schedule since BTS 2e came out more than a decade ago so I wouldn't hold your breath.

There are some good sources for monsters and creatures
BTS 1e , which is only available as PDF, has lots of monsters and adventure ideas which I still use in my games.
Monsters and Animals for PFRPG has lots of monsters as well as common animals and all of the stats are 2e compatible.
Most of the BTS demons, as well as many others, can be found in the Rift CB1 and Rifts CB3 . Most have SDC stats but all would need to be powered down some.

There are also a lot of Rifters you can look at, just from my index these are the ones that have BTS:
Rifters 2, 8, 10, 13, 17 & 20 have really good adventure info but these are all 1e

Rifters 28, 32, 36, 40, 45, 46, 56, 63, 64, 65, 71/71 are all 2e and Rifter 57 has five new monsters that are pretty good

This is just off the top of my head, hope it helps.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
mrloucifer
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Unread post by mrloucifer »

Many of those Rifter Monsters were my scribes, so thank you for the compliment :)

If you'd like a better reference on monsters for BTS, check out this link on my BTS fan site. The site has additional monsters and related goodies on it as well. :)
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
Mr. Jays
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Mr. Jays »

There are stats for s.d.c. vampires and werewolves in Nightbane. I would also recommend Rifts Dark Conversions.
--- author of "All Quiet on the Western.....What?" Rifter 84

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”