Summoning and binding a phantom footman to an object.

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

pblackcrow
Champion

Summoning and binding a phantom footman to an object.

Unread post by pblackcrow »

Firstly, are there any pre existing rules that says "you can't do this"? If not, I would like to know how to permanently summon and bind a phantom footman to an object. What items would you require the Alchemist to need me to retrieve for the spell? I am researching it at the Tri-something Guild in Wisdom. And so we are clear, it is the level 4 air warlock spell.

I am in a solo game, so I definitely need this! I have made some enemies out of some very powerful creatures. And the GM will allow it, if I can gather all of the spells effects for the alchemist.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Re: Summoning and binding a phantom footman to an object.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

A silver ring, a large sapphire, and two vials of blood... from a hawk and an owl.

If you want something a bit more esoteric, how about bottling the wind of an air elemental?
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

you might not even need a full-blown alchemist. seems like something you could do with circles.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Shark_Force wrote:you might not even need a full-blown alchemist. seems like something you could do with circles.

Riskier, IMO. I referenced a couple circles in making my suggestions (Summon True Elemental, Summon Elemental Forces, and Summon Ghosts and Spirits), but when you get down to it, you're looking for something that has to last, for someone who is not necessarily trained in a test of wills. While a low-level summoner could probably summon and bind a Phantom Footman (i'd say it's a reasonable companion, and likely less disruptive than a demon or deevil), it would still require a test of wills and devoting one of its "control slots" to the creature. The only other alternative would be a summoner calling the PF, and getting a deal with it where it agrees to serve a person... but that seems unlikely, and out of character for the PF, unless the person were a warlock, and a warlock would likely send it home.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

pblackcrow wrote:Firstly, are there any pre existing rules that says "you can't do this"?
If not, I would like to know how to permanently summon and bind a phantom footman to an object.

You need the bone of a demon or dragon to have a Diabolist carve a Permanence Ward from, then you just activate that ward once you've cast the spell.

The thing is... I don't know if PWs can make ANY spell permanent, or only a spell that targets a person or item. Summoning spells may fall outside that purview, unless you consider the 'target' of a summoning spell to be the summoner themself, since the spell endows THEM with the power to command their summons.

I'm not opposed to attaching the ward to the summoned creature instead, except that I believe you cannot attach permanent wards to creatures of magic or supernatural beings, and elementals are invariably described as one or the other.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

pblackcrow wrote:Firstly, are there any pre existing rules that says "you can't do this"? If not, I would like to know how to permanently summon and bind a phantom footman to an object. What items would you require the Alchemist to need me to retrieve for the spell? I am researching it at the Tri-something Guild in Wisdom. And so we are clear, it is the level 4 air warlock spell.

I am in a solo game, so I definitely need this! I have made some enemies out of some very powerful creatures. And the GM will allow it, if I can gather all of the spells effects for the alchemist.

Techno-Wizardry or Eco-Wizardry from Rifts could give you want you want, but require some adaption/conversion between settings. As it is a contract job just call the TW/EW an alchemist and use those rules to create, you'd have to work out a conversion for credits to gold pieces. The permanency thing is the hard part if you want it 24/7.

Would a Talisman with a Permanency Ward work? In PF2E main book there are a list of items that essentially amount to this by allowing it to be activated x3 per day (usually). It would be a custom job, but otherwise doable as a starting point I would think. Guardian Stones (PF2E main book) might also work?

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”