Palladium - Organized Play for LGS and Convention

Discussion of the Megaversal Ambassador program.

Moderators: Reelman, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Pagangamer
D-Bee
Comment: Oh No not the Boxing Glove Arrow

Palladium - Organized Play for LGS and Convention

Unread post by Pagangamer »

Hello new to this forum so if i breach some type of ettiquette i do so unknowingly. What i would like to ask about is has Palladium ever considered allowing its MA's to start at the Local Game store level Organized play events , something akin to a living megaverse where new players would be able to participate in games attached to all and or various Palladium games. this would involve scenarios written to be played in 1-3 gaming sessions of 2-3 hours each using Pregens compatible to the game but able to be played through all palladium games. with the possibility of schwag support for players at end of an event season. The main idea also goes to the idea of Adventure materials, modules as it were to use for this i think a solution might be running things from Various Rifters, adventure Books, hook line sinkers, and possibly materials written and contributed by the MA's themselves keeping in mind that all will be using Palladium licensed settings and so forth with no substitutions. Here where i live there is a local game store that is interested in something like this . i ask this also knowing that limited staffing would prevent Palladium from contributing much, but i love Palladium games and i think more people would see how fun Rifts.Palladium Fantasy , Dead reign et al . if there was something available like this that MA's could present to their local communitys and at cons. So in this vein what is the thought on this? i think MA's could operate this rather well , and if Palladium ever backed the idea who knows how far it could go .
Pagangamer
D-Bee

Re: Palladium - Organized Play for LGS and Convention

Pagangamer wrote:Hello new to this forum so if i breach some type of ettiquette i do so unknowingly. What i would like to ask about is has Palladium ever considered allowing its MA's to start at the Local Game store level Organized play events , something akin to a living megaverse where new players would be able to participate in games attached to all and or various Palladium games. this would involve scenarios written to be played in 1-3 gaming sessions of 2-3 hours each using Pregens compatible to the game but able to be played through all palladium games. with the possibility of schwag support for players at end of an event season. The main idea also goes to the idea of Adventure materials, modules as it were to use for this i think a solution might be running things from Various Rifters, adventure Books, hook line sinkers, and possibly materials written and contributed by the MA's themselves keeping in mind that all will be using Palladium licensed settings and so forth with no substitutions. Here where i live there is a local game store that is interested in something like this . i ask this also knowing that limited staffing would prevent Palladium from contributing much, but i love Palladium games and i think more people would see how fun Rifts.Palladium Fantasy , Dead reign et al . if there was something available like this that MA's could present to their local communitys and at cons. So in this vein what is the thought on this? i think MA's could operate this rather well , and if Palladium ever backed the idea who knows how far it could go .

Also if this is a viable idea what ways would you implement it, also a collaboration on adventures suitable would be cool, any help from the MA community would be great
zerombr
Adventurer
Comment: Rifter Contributer 79, 81,82,83,84

Unread post by zerombr »

i honestly think we can just have an MA page here on the forum with two sample adventures for most of the main games, as well as pregens. People could submit their own pregens in the main forum and have them approved by a few MAs to be imported into the pregen section.

I think the adventure should be simple since this is for recruitment, so expect each to be 2 hours in length for a demo or 4 hours for an actual game

Now the real trick here is that I think PB should dole out pdfs of core books to people who show interest. I think to really spread the word, there might have to be some bullet biting, a coupon for X off is nice, but I think the actual core book will really sell it.

IDK if that actually hurts bottom line or not, but there's my theory.
"The Guides to the Megaverse(tm)" Podcast at https://guidesmegaverse.podbean.com/
Author of "Setting the Stage" - Rifter 79, "Hitting the Streets" - Rifter 81, "Hitting the Gym" - Rifter 82
"Saving the World", and "On the Hunt" - Rifter 83
and lastly, my baby, my long term project... The Dark City of Cascade - Rifter 84.
Pagangamer
D-Bee

zerombr wrote:i honestly think we can just have an MA page here on the forum with two sample adventures for most of the main games, as well as pregens. People could submit their own pregens in the main forum and have them approved by a few MAs to be imported into the pregen section.

I think the adventure should be simple since this is for recruitment, so expect each to be 2 hours in length for a demo or 4 hours for an actual game

Now the real trick here is that I think PB should dole out pdfs of core books to people who show interest. I think to really spread the word, there might have to be some bullet biting, a coupon for X off is nice, but I think the actual core book will really sell it.

i think a player rewards thing would be cool as well .its like not giving away the store but something to entice interest. Im mocking domething up for a Living Megaverse that starts with Palladium Fantasy because you can start new players in SDC environments. then move on to MDC and so forth. small schwag could be a Palladium pin and a certificate that says they made it through the Sessions in one piece. there are TONS of options , that i think we could look at
Pagangamer
D-Bee

Pagangamer wrote:
zerombr wrote:i honestly think we can just have an MA page here on the forum with two sample adventures for most of the main games, as well as pregens. People could submit their own pregens in the main forum and have them approved by a few MAs to be imported into the pregen section.

i think a player rewards thing would be cool as well .its like not giving away the store but something to entice interest. Im mocking domething up for a Living Megaverse that starts with Palladium Fantasy because you can start new players in SDC environments. then move on to MDC and so forth. small schwag could be a Palladium pin and a certificate that says they made it through the Sessions in one piece. there are TONS of options , that i think we could look at

Would anyone like to help with development for this , what are some ideas you all have..?
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Please reach out to Cameron Cleveland (Asgar on these forums) and the Rifts Living Campaign Club on Facebook
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
Strosin
Newb

Unread post by Strosin »

Multiple characters for players. Controversial, sure, (and I am not sold on the idea) but sometimes it really would be handy for a group to throw in one more front-line fighter to keep them alive that the DM would not have to control. Or, they could have retainers, bodyguards, or squires.

Return to “Megaversal Ambassadors”