How returns to wielder when thrown wokrs?

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gaby
Knight

How returns to wielder when thrown wokrs?

Unread post by gaby »

I like to known how Returns to wielder when thrown wokrs for not Rune weapons?

Is it by a Ritual that the wielder is linked to the weapon or is it the weapons are linked with some thing like the wielder we like helmet or gauntlet?
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: How returns to wielder when thrown wokrs?

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

gaby wrote:I like to known how Returns to wielder when thrown wokrs for not Rune weapons?

Is it by a Ritual that the wielder is linked to the weapon or is it the weapons are linked with some thing like the wielder we like helmet or gauntlet?

I think it just returns to whomever throws it.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
zerombr
Adventurer
Comment: Rifter Contributer 79, 81,82,83,84

Unread post by zerombr »

you're talking about the alchemist version? Well there's nothing concrete that I recall, but I'd say that it probably senses the life aura of the last person to wield it, and returns to that. Perhaps a clever person with Alter Aura could fake it out?
"The Guides to the Megaverse(tm)" Podcast at https://guidesmegaverse.podbean.com/
Author of "Setting the Stage" - Rifter 79, "Hitting the Streets" - Rifter 81, "Hitting the Gym" - Rifter 82
"Saving the World", and "On the Hunt" - Rifter 83
and lastly, my baby, my long term project... The Dark City of Cascade - Rifter 84.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

I would say "It's magic"
It knows the same way that your invisibility spell knows if your action is hostile or not.
It knows the same way that a Sanctuary spell knows if an action is hostile or not.
Or how Sixth Sense knows if your in sufficient danger to activate or not.

Basically it works because it's magic.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

If you want to drop a weapon and have it return to you, just "attack" something you have no hope of damaging, like attacking the ground with your axe. It looks like you're throwing it away, but it will immediately return for you to attack with
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Axelmania wrote:If you want to drop a weapon and have it return to you, just "attack" something you have no hope of damaging, like attacking the ground with your axe. It looks like you're throwing it away, but it will immediately return for you to attack with

And that may or may not work.
Again it will depend on how the magic works doesn't it.
If the magic is able to interpret "this is not really an attack" (which we know that magic can do because it can tell hostile intent from non-hostile intent) it is quite possible that you will simply drop your axe.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Axelmania wrote:If you want to drop a weapon and have it return to you, just "attack" something you have no hope of damaging, like attacking the ground with your axe. It looks like you're throwing it away, but it will immediately return for you to attack with

Nah, no no. That'll never work. That counts as a delayed spike and therefore falls under intentional grounding rules.
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Jack Burton »

The Beast wrote:

Nah, no no. That'll never work. That counts as a delayed spike and therefore falls under intentional grounding rules.

I can just see Thor being super annoyed after a stressful day saving the world: He comes home, kicks his boots off and tosses his hammer onto the couch so he can grab a cold beer from the fridge, only to have it fly back into his hand, thus making him use his teeth to pop the bottle open instead of a regular bottle opener that requires two hands to operate. Although, he could just use a wall-mounted bottle opener. Those just require one hand. :P
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

"I am throwing my knife at the sun, I really think I can hit it"

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”