Which of the following Recon products do you own?

1'st edition, Deluxe Revised. Military strategies are the thing to discuss here. Oh yeah and how much damage that land mine will do.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Recon (original cover)
8%
Recon (color cover)
5%
Mission Director's Screen
No votes
San Succi
No votes
Haiphong H.A.L.O.
No votes
Hearts & Minds
3%
Sayaret
3%
Revised Recon
23%
Advanced Recon
26%
Deluxe Revised Recon
33%

Total votes: 39

Gringnr
Newb

Unread post by Gringnr »

I thought it would be interesting to see which Recon products are owned by the various posters here, and to discuss them. Which do you own? Is there a supplement/version you like better than the rest? If so, why? What are you seeking to round out your collection?

For My part, I have

Recon (original cover)

Sayaret

Advanced Recon

Deluxe Revised Recon

I have ordered Revised Recon from Amazon, but haven't received it yet.
Blind Spotter
D-Bee

Re: Which of the following Recon products do you own?

Unread post by Blind Spotter »

I've only got the Delux Revisited Recon game, and that's just what I need.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Blind Spotter wrote:I've only got the Delux Revisited Recon game, and that's just what I need.

Same here. I got it from one of the very first Christmas surprise packages. I mainly just got it to complete my PB collection but I have only used it a few times. Mainly for skills/skill descriptions weapons stats. Even though all the weapons are Vietnam era it gave me a nice baseline of stats and when combined with online statistics of modern weapons I was able to come up with game stats.

Never actually played Recon though.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Blind Spotter
D-Bee

Warshield73 wrote:
Blind Spotter wrote:I've only got the Delux Revisited Recon game, and that's just what I need.

Same here. I got it from one of the very first Christmas surprise packages. I mainly just got it to complete my PB collection but I have only used it a few times. Mainly for skills/skill descriptions weapons stats. Even though all the weapons are Vietnam era it gave me a nice baseline of stats and when combined with online statistics of modern weapons I was able to come up with game stats.

Never actually played Recon though.

Sounds cool. I've played a campaign that was over a year in Vietnam, and that was a blast! Really good campaign with lots of memorable characters and episodes.

For myself I've been throwing around lots of ideas, from a game with Cossack cavalry in the Russo-Japanese War to Russian Private Military Company in the post-Cold War world to back to a campaign of Russian Cossacks between the Russo-Turkish war or 1877-1878 to the Russian Civil War or as German Uhlans in the First World War, a French regiment between the Franco-Prussian War of 1870-1871 to the French war in Indochina and more. I really love this system, probaby the best military rpg system I've played, but now I need to just decide on an idea and pull it off. But there are so many options. :(
Peacebringer
Adventurer

Unread post by Peacebringer »

Just the Deluxe; though I do have Cyberpunk 2020's Chrome Berets, Firestorm II and Maximum Metal as well as Fasa's Centurion which provides a different outlook on war; also, I have VtM:PG vehicle combat system as well; yes, Vampire the Masquerade has a vehicle combat / war system!

Blind Spotter wrote:Cossack cavalry in the Russo-Japanese War

Back in ought two I designed a scenario based off the Russo-Japanese war. I think I made a battle ground using Talsonsoft's Eastern Front graphics on a long dead desktop HD.
slade the sniper
Hero

Unread post by slade the sniper »

Peacebringer, which of those mass combat rules do you prefer? Or, do you use a homebrew system?

-STS
My skin is not a sin - Carlos Wallace
A man's rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box - Frederick Douglass
I am a firm believer that men with guns can solve any problem - Inscriptus
Any system in which the most populated areas have the most political power, creates an incentive for areas that want power to increase their population - Killer Cyborg
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

Recon (color), Revised, Advanced, and Deluxe. If I stumbled across any of the others, I'd probably pick them up but I'm not really looking for anything.

I haven't played in years. We mostly stuck to generic urban settings without much in the way of real life/historical accuracy because one of the player's real life experiences. Once we did a zombie apocalypse and other times we might mix in supernatural elements.

Advanced is a great supplement. It improves the game substantially in my opinion.
Peacebringer
Adventurer

slade the sniper wrote:Peacebringer, which of those mass combat rules do you prefer? Or, do you use a homebrew system?

-STS

Depends on the theme of the game; WWI to '70s real war games: Recon. Near-future war games; Chrome Berets and or Firestorm with Maximum Metal and Cyberpunk 2020 for RPG elements; moral degeneration, WoD with their humanity stats; science fiction: Full Thrust or Interceptor/Centurion/Leviathan (I can tweak the rules there a lot).
Blind Spotter
D-Bee

Peacebringer wrote:
Blind Spotter wrote:Cossack cavalry in the Russo-Japanese War

Back in ought two I designed a scenario based off the Russo-Japanese war. I think I made a battle ground using Talsonsoft's Eastern Front graphics on a long dead desktop HD.

I hope you won't mind if I ask if you got around to play it and how it went?
Peacebringer
Adventurer

Blind Spotter wrote:
I hope you won't mind if I ask if you got around to play it and how it went?

I don't think so; it was a spring, '02 weekend project that I might have moved on to something else.
slade the sniper
Hero

Peacebringer wrote:
slade the sniper wrote:Peacebringer, which of those mass combat rules do you prefer? Or, do you use a homebrew system?

-STS

Depends on the theme of the game; WWI to '70s real war games: Recon. Near-future war games; Chrome Berets and or Firestorm with Maximum Metal and Cyberpunk 2020 for RPG elements; moral degeneration, WoD with their humanity stats; science fiction: Full Thrust or Interceptor/Centurion/Leviathan (I can tweak the rules there a lot).

I have every one of those games... Right now I am trying to find a way to make a much faster operational level game to be played in the background that incorporates more than just combat.

-STS
A man's rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box - Frederick Douglass
Any system in which the most populated areas have the most political power, creates an incentive for areas that want power to increase their population - Killer Cyborg
Peacebringer
Adventurer

slade the sniper wrote:
I have every one of those games...

Awesome!

Right now I am trying to find a way to make a much faster operational level game to be played in the background that incorporates more than just combat.

-STS

Cyperpunk is good for that same as Vampire:Dark Ages' mass combat system. Learning and playing a good mass combat system helps to resolve the issue leaving the players to focus on role playing rather than as so much combat as in Centurion / Battletech.
Sebastian
D-Bee
Comment: Since 01/16/2019 I have a Malayan Pit Viper animal herald for Role-Playing.

Unread post by Sebastian »

So there's more...
slade the sniper
Hero

Sebastian wrote:So there's more...

At least 31 more...

-STS

Return to “Recon® & Recon® Modern Combat”