Legendary Weapon (Rifter 20 Royalty Table)

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

LostOne
Champion

Legendary Weapon (Rifter 20 Royalty Table)

Unread post by LostOne »

Looking for cool ideas for use with this morphus attribute. Not necessarily looking for huge damage, but not averse to it. More looking for good/interesting flavor to add to the character. I'd love something from mythology that is less obvious than Excalibur/Gungnir/Mjolnir or the Spear of Longinus but still impressive. I'd love for something ranged but since it's limited to medieval weaponry I guess that's looking at spears/bows/crossbows or more exotic ranged weapons. The longer range the better.

This will be for a Nightbane who gets rifted to Rifts Earth shortly after their first Becoming on Dark Day.
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
LostOne
Champion

Re: Legendary Weapon (Rifter 20 Royalty Table)

Unread post by LostOne »

Yeah, I ended up finding those when I googled later. There isn't as many mystical weapons in mythology as you'd think.

I ended up going with the Honjo Masamune but I'd still be interesting in hearing what weapons other people have used and how they used it to flavor the design of their morphus.
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by 13eowulf »

I don't have the rifter in front of me for the exact text, but the Weapon of Legend the trait is based on doesnt actually have to originally have been magic itself, though it would still gain the properties of the morphus trait.

To that end, for a bow, why not Odysseus' Bow?
Maybe add a visual of the character stringing the bow upon transformation?

A unique ranged option could be Vishnu's Sudarshana Chakra
Oderint Dum Metuant.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Gáe Bulg the spear of Cúchulainn a nasty barbed thing of legend.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

Hmm, Hatred's Heart a Dart made from the heart of a Demon Lord that hated the Dyval's leader so much weapons made form his body could kill said Devil.
As the odds of it getting near it's intended prey are very little it will glady help kill his minions, or anyone else it's owner hates.
Looks like a little black dart. Teleports back into it's owners hand. It's other notad ability is a high Penetrative Value. (You remember to subtract an weapons PV from any sort of AR in combat right?).

A scourge, a short whip with many tendrils, eat of which have a knot or bit of glass or sharp metal in it(the one that SCourged Christ's back would be fitting).

Death's/Azrael's/Saturn's Scythe/Sickle might also work?
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

Rifts Madhaven has some interesting magical weapons made from antiques, including a set of pistols....Something similar would be El Cid's sword Tizona, which is claimed to be in a museum...

Some of the Native American Fetish type stuff might work for what you are looking for as well. There is a bit in New West, or probably Spirit West that talks about Ghost Shirts actually being bullet proof at one time, and sort of losing their power when magic energy is at a low ebb.

Not sure if that sort of thing is what you are looking for, but thought it might help.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!

Return to “Nightbane®”