So many books!

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

lownote14
D-Bee

So many books!

Unread post by lownote14 »

I hope this close to right section but I had a question for other gms out there.

Palladium is known for having a lot of books and I have a ton of the rifts setting books. Unfortunately my gaming group does not meet in my home which means transporting the multiverse.

Right now I rely on a moving tote and muscle to lug the library.

I was wondering if any other gms have come up with a way of transporting the books more easily?

I have thought about buying a tote on wheels from places like office max but thought I would ask around first.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Re: So many books!

Unread post by Warshield73 »

1. First, I have found that I rarely need more then 5 to 8 books for any given session. When you plan your game just determine what books you need while planning the session.

2. I got the Mobile Folding Cart from Office Depot. This has been great for convention games, I usually have swag to carry in addition to the books I use, but I also use it for work and even just storage in my car trunk which is where the cart lives.

3. If you game with a laptop or tablet you can get PDFs of almost the entire library on DriveThru which can really lighten the load. If you want the PDFs you might look at the Bundle of Holding mentioned in the last Weekly Update.

Hope this helps, but really step one is the most important. If you plan your games your games and have copies of what your characters need for every game it really limits your carrying load and makes the games more fun.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

Yeah I hardly carried more than 10 books. Some books I just never took at all (England, Africa). Mainly just concentrated on North American based books.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Dustin Fireblade wrote:Yeah I hardly carried more than 10 books. Some books I just never took at all (England, Africa). Mainly just concentrated on North American based books.

Yeah, way back when the WB3-5 first came out my players did the whole "Gathering of Heroes" where I needed those books at every game for about a year but I don't think I've taken them to a game for 20 years. As for the now 3 Russia books, or the Asia and Australia books I have only used the Japan book a few times, the others never. Wish I played enough to use those but I don't.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

Yeah pretty much limited my books to WB's 10-16, 20, 22 and 23. I had a long running CS based game so I really didn't need more than those.

Probably would have included 26, 26 and 28 but by the time those came out, our group had moved onto a different game and we really haven't returned to Palladium.
dragonfett
Knight

Unread post by dragonfett »

Top three gotta have books every session: RUE/RMB, GM Guide, Book of Magic

Next are the books you the GM need that have the things in it that the first three don't (world info, monsters, classes, some gear depending on a couple factors). I would limit this to no more than three books.

Finally are the books you only need for the players, especially if they're about to level that you leave in the car/whatever mode of transportation you are using (and I would make the player who grabbed the book responsible for putting it back too). Hopefully most of your players are pulling from the books you already have with you to reduce this number to being ten max.
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”