What Happened?

10101010: Site is secure. Move on to the next, secure and deactivate. Await further orders from Swarmlord.
2009: Let the Hunt Begin.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Patrickthegrey72
D-Bee

What Happened?

Unread post by Patrickthegrey72 »

I find myself wondering, what happened to Systems Failure?
Splicers has expansions/source books and SF doesn't, even though I consider SF to be a much better game.
Is there any information on why there isn't more exploration into this game setting?
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Re: What Happened?

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

it was always meant as a one off to exploit some of the Y2K hype.

but there is a fair amount of Rifter material for Systems Failure. Rifters 8, 12, 19, 26, and 38 all had articles.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Patrickthegrey72
D-Bee

Unread post by Patrickthegrey72 »

glitterboy2098 wrote:it was always meant as a one off to exploit some of the Y2K hype.

but there is a fair amount of Rifter material for Systems Failure. Rifters 8, 12, 19, 26, and 38 all had articles.

Well, I suppose I should have guessed as much. Thanks for the recommendations, I'll check them out!
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

What sort of things do you see as missing from the game setting? I've enjoyed SF as a stand alone, and used a good bit in other games from time to time.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Patrickthegrey72 wrote:I find myself wondering, what happened to Systems Failure?
Splicers has expansions/source books and SF doesn't, even though I consider SF to be a much better game.
Is there any information on why there isn't more exploration into this game setting?

Besides what others mentioned there is another bigger reason why we never got anything on higher teir bugs, or psionics, or any of that stuff...
1) no one wrote it.
and more importantly
2) the first book didn't really sell all that well.

I like the book. I have used the bugs in various games (a few of them are just the thing to ruin your NEMA peoples 2098 Christmas...)
But with out real interest in the line, and with out authors submitting material... well it's going to stay Rifters and homebrew.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Return to “Systems Failure™”