Idea for feedback

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jason Richards
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Idea for feedback

Unread post by Jason Richards »

Now that it looks like we're getting First Responders, would an introductory campaign be of any interest to y'all?

The format I have in mind would be four Rifter articles with different scenarios for civilian survivors. Surviveability would be low, but the game would allow for new characters to be added on the fly.

The four sessions would be only loosely connected, and each would have further adventure ideas attached. My first thought is that the overall story is the players trying to reach a known NEMA outpost just days or weeks after the Cataclysm. Each article would center on a particular encounter with an emphasis on the FR material.

Just a thought.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
Fell
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Idea for feedback

Unread post by Fell »

"My Uncle Tom is a Police officer. Well, is...was, I dunno I haven't heard from him since the... since the 22nd. 'Cides been holed up in here for a few days, no idea what's really going out there. But Tom talked about the NEMA USR cache located about 30 miles out of town that he and other First Responders go train at once a month. When I was young, maybe 15 - - ya know just a kid, I thought it was cool getting a tour of the Search and Rescue bunker. Now I'm almost 18, in three months and I am an adult. I say we gather up our stuff, stop hiding in this mall and take old man Johnson's hover-truck, I seen it outside, pile in and go get that cache for ourselves!"

"Andy? What if we run into more monsters on the way!"

Looking at the junior high school kid, Andy grinned. Kid was as scared as some of the adults who were hiding out in the mall with them.

Kicking a metal soda can it launched into air and collided with the side of the nearby concrete wall, cracking the wall. Some of the adults gasped. Most of the kids had seen Andy do similar the last few days.

Still grinning Andy looked at the others.

"I got new talents and besides I got this."

Holding up an old .44 hand gun the others nodded. Andy laughed inside, he was holding a water gun from the toy store, but the illusion made everyone feel safer.

"All we got to do is get out of this mall, unseen, and steal that hover-truck parked outside. Easy."

Step one is getting from here, level two of the mall, though them things down on level one and outside. We can do this.

-- Andy Morrison (Chaos Wizard) addressing a group of survivors hidden in a mall. USR detailed on page 10 of FS RAW.

----------------

The more material you write the happier everyone will be Jason.
Having a game scenario to play through for CE FS would be nice.
Depending on how long the article is maybe add some per-generated characters to play.

Dan
Dan Frederick
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

I think that'd be a pretty cool idea. I love Chaos Earth, and would support any additional material for it. I particularly enjoy the lower power side of it, which puts focus on the survival aspect. It sounds like these adventures would be right up my alley. I'd love to see them and rotate them into my usual selection of the exact same Chaos Earth one-shot I run every time I G.M. for conventions.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Unread post by keir451 »

Sounds like it'd be fun! Alas I am not making it to GenCon this year. I'll look forward to hearing about it while I prep my own campaign.
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

actually a campaign could be interesting when you consider that the main NEMA force the main book focuses on (General Sawyer's forces) were in Atlanta until about a week after the cataclysm hit.. the Midwest was surviving and holding on, so clearly some NEMA people were present, but it was Sawyer's migration from Atlanta to Chicago, followed by her call for surviving NEMA groups to converge on the midwest, that created the strong armed group we're familiar with.

so starting a campaign from day 1 would have the players having to survive without much NEMA help for at least a week, and could use the arrival of the Atlanta NEMA forces as a "big damn heroes moment"
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

I would love to see an introductory adventure or three.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

I have subscribed to the Rifter since issue 1 so I will, of course, buy the issues but I would love to have some adventures for CE. It would be great if in the further adventure ideas, which I would assume would be HLS style, would give some idea of how to extend any of the things in the adventure to Rifts itself. Like what the NORAD adventures did.

One suggestion I would like to make is once all four of these Rifters have been published try and get PB to put all four parts into a PDF and sell it on Drive Thru.

They should really be doing this with everything in the Rifter.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2

Return to “Rifts®: Chaos Earth™”