The House of BTS Podcast is now available!

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

mrloucifer
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

The House of BTS Podcast is now available!

Unread post by mrloucifer »

Hey everyone!

Our little project has officially been unleashed!

Come on over to http://btspodcast.podbean.com/ and follow the podcast!

Feedback and questions to answer are welcomed and encouraged!
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
kennethk
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: The House of BTS Podcast is now available!

Unread post by kennethk »

Just checked out the first episode. Great job. Now my wife wants me to run a BTS game. Love your work at House of BTS as well.
mrloucifer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

kennethk wrote:Now my wife wants me to run a BTS game.

This is undoubtedly the best compliment I will get all week! :)

I'm glad your enjoying it; both the house and the podcast!
Last edited by mrloucifer on Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
mrloucifer

More options are being added as I type this this, including stitcher and iTunes!

Check out the podcast page in the House to see the options!

http://www.houseofbts.net/podcast.html
–H.P. Lovecraft

kennethk
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by kennethk »

If you can get on Spotify, will make my listening ability a lot easier.

Please keep up the good work. You one of the few keeping BTS alive for us depraved souls.
Jasper
Explorer

Unread post by Jasper »

There are a lot of issues with sound. The music is usually way too loud and I can't hear a couple of the players very well; they sound too far away. During the end credit (before the end song) there is what sounds like an extended blast of static as you are doing your wrap-up.
The content is fine. I like the player channeling Crispin Glover.
This is all only based off of the first podcast; haven't gotten to the others yet.
Edit: The sound issues are only in the first episode for the most part. Things get a lot better after though I still sometimes have trouble hearing a player.
Last edited by Jasper on Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Jack Burton »

kennethk wrote:If you can get on Spotify, will make my listening ability a lot easier.

Please keep up the good work. You one of the few keeping BTS alive for us depraved souls.

They just got some new equipment which will surely improve the audio. Here's a great way to further lend support:

https://www.patreon.com/HouseBTS/posts

Help spread the horror for only a couple bucks a month (you choose the amount). I'm not affilliated with the podcast, so I thought I'd give it an unbiased shout-out. I did contribute via Patreon, however. I encourage other BTS fans to contribute, too! And yes, the efforts of mrloucifer and company are very appreciated by us depraved souls!
mrloucifer

Thank you Mr. Burton!

And Kenneth K, the podcast has been added to Spotify!!
–H.P. Lovecraft

Dr. Corrigan
D-Bee

Unread post by Dr. Corrigan »

Hey everybody, I'm Nick from the House beyond the Supernatural podcast. Just stopping by to say hello. I have just picked up some more equipment to help with audio problems.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Hi Dr. Nick!
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
mrloucifer

Hey! I know that guy!
–H.P. Lovecraft

Jasper
Explorer

Unread post by Jasper »

Hi Dr. Nick!
Dr. Corrigan
D-Bee

Jefffar wrote:Hi Dr. Nick!

Hi Jeffar!!
Dr. Corrigan
D-Bee

Jasper wrote:Hi Dr. Nick!

Hi Jasper!
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

You did a Great,job on BtS Podcast.
Will episode 12 be soon?
Dr. Corrigan
D-Bee

gaby wrote:You did a Great,job on BtS Podcast.
Will episode 12 be soon?

Hi Gaby! Thank you for listening and I am happy that you are enjoying the show. We will be recording episode 12 and 13 this Thursday and 12 will be released on the 12th of October. Now that we will be recording three shows, tmnt, bts and Ghostbusters, we are still striving to get Bts out to you 4 times a month if not weekly. Ghostbusters and tmnt will be biweekly.
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Will ther be more BtS podcast episodes?
Jasper
Explorer

Unread post by Jasper »

gaby wrote:Will ther be more BtS podcast episodes?

It's been ongoing. Up to episode 22 at the moment. You can use a podcast app to auto download or listen to them on Youtube.
Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

Unread post by Lord Z »

It is a solid show. I am up to Episode 11 and enjoying the grind of getting caught up.
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913
mrloucifer

Thank you, Lord Z!
–H.P. Lovecraft

Mr. Jays
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Mr. Jays »

I am ashamed to say, I finally started listening to the podcast two weeks ago. I wish I had sooner. I am on episode 21! Look for future comments from me when I get caught up!
--- author of "All Quiet on the Western.....What?" Rifter 84
mrloucifer

Hey everyone, I posted a poll on the Facebook page asking if we play more BTS over the summer of introduce the group to Nightbane.

Head on over the page and add your vote!
–H.P. Lovecraft

mrloucifer

I posted this on the Facebook page the other day and felt it should be added here as well:

Hello to all my dear, and my dearly departed House Guests,

After getting several questions about my parting from the House Beyond the Supernatural podcast, I wanted to take a moment to answer them. So step into my parlor, pour yourself a drink, pull up a chair by the fire, pet the Hell Hounds curling up beside you, and listen for a spell.

The short answer is that I voluntarily stepped down due to being an ill-fitting GM for this particular group.

The group was asking for more singular enemies / problems/ solutions to deal with, and for those of you who’ve been listening to the podcast might have noticed that I do not GM like that, particularly with BTS. Ask any of my past players and they’ll say the same. I consider it a core part of my style in fact.

I very much follow the statement on page 14 of BTS-2 that “The world – our world – is infested with evil.” In my GM eyes, Supernatural evil infests the world and numerous problems/dangers are happening all at once and at the same time. Vampires, Gremlins, Children of Quahma, Ghouls, clandestine groups, Ghosts, Entities, and a whole assortment of monsters have been confronted in the year we were recording the podcast. Not all of these enemies/situations were tied up or dealt with in one sitting, and that is very much a part of my BTS world design.

I see the paranormal investigators of BTS as first responders. Problems and calls for help are coming at the group all the time, and not all of them are simple hunt-and-exterminate solutions. This is by design as it builds ongoing stories to invest the characters in, and it feels more “real word” in my eyes; I’ll share my “Tasmania Devil” story sometime as a great example. I’m certain that any given police detective would love to tackle and deal with singular problems wrapped up nicely all the time, but they usually don’t. Cases go unsolved, or ongoing, or go cold as new cases keep coming across their desks to deal with.

BTS is my most mature minded and most player directed RPG I run. The Players are free to choose their destiny, but every decision comes at a cost in some way. They can choose to deal with every new and immediate threat that comes their way, but their unsolved or ongoing cases sit idle when they do. They could decide to turn their backs on the immediate threats to focus on tying up loose ends with their ongoing cases, but there’s obvious costs and dangers to that decision as well. They can split into teams /groups /couples and try to do both, but resources and backup is strained or sometimes unavailable in this manner. There are no easy answers to these decisions and that’s the intent. There is SO MUCH Supernatural evil out there, and so few who can deal with it; it should all feel overwhelming.

I’ll be the first to admit that my approach as a BTS GM is not for everyone. I spend A LOT of time, energy, research, and resources in my GM work (and it is work). I take my GM duties for BTS more seriously than other games as I enjoy the darker, moodier, supernatural based, investigative aspects of the game. I have certain demands like no drinking at my table, no looking at cell phones or playing video games when it’s not your turn, you’re responsible for your own investigation notes, and so on.

My demands and my specific GM style are not always appreciated, and that’s completely understandable and okay. More than any other type of game, RPGs are personal experiences. Players design and invest in their characters, they role-play as their characters in the world as they see it. They are looking for a desired RPG experience, and when the GM can’t deliver on that experience, it is best the GM voluntarily steps down.

It’s not the first time that I’ve voluntarily stepped down as a group’s GM, and it probably won’t be the last. I’ve seen what happens to groups that continue to play with a GM they’re not happy with, and I refuse to let the passive-aggressive commentary, resentment and eventual anger build up and ruin the group, and possibly friendships. I’m not irreplaceable, I’m just a GM with a particular style. There is another GM out there that’s better suited to their desired playing experience.

As for the podcast group, we’re all still friends of course. I’ve known Arnie all my life (he’s the guy who introduced me to RPG’s nearly 30 years ago), I’ve been friends with Nick and Shannon for about 15 years (since our ghost hunting days). And while I’ve only known Kirk for a year, I dig him a lot and I’m grateful to call him my friend. I truly hope they find a GM who meets all of their needs, even if it’s not me.

And who knows, they may see me at their table as a GM again some day, perhaps for an RPG that accommodates more singular enemies and situations to deal with, like Dead Reign (Zombie Survival) or Nightbane (superheroic horror).

As for me, I do not have another group to GM for currently and so I’ve have been kicking around what to do next. To that end, I’ve recently started poking around on Discord. I’ve considered starting a “pay to play” method of GMing with players who’ve have listened to the podcasts and dig my GM style, dig my published BTS articles, or just love BTS in general. I like the idea of adventures being run via messages as it allows more opportunity for flavor text and atmosphere.

My first adventure will likely be an intro game that I’ll run for free to gain experience with playing on discord. If your interested in this, send me a message, or comment below.
–H.P. Lovecraft

Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Jack Burton »

I'm very interested in playing.
Captain_Nibbz
Adventurer

Unread post by Captain_Nibbz »

As I said in the other thread, I'm fairly interested as well. Keep us updated!
A good friend will help you hide a body. A best friend will lend you the P.P.E. you need to resurrect the body as a loyal zombie servant.

"If I kept a list of all time worst Sound Off threads, this would be way up there." - Mack

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”