Rifts Conversion

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

pad300
Wanderer

Rifts Conversion

Unread post by pad300 »

Ok, in Conversion Book 1, p 37, it suggests that Natural/Genius character From Beyond the Supernatural, should have their PPE doubled (presumably on character creation) when converted to Rifts. I don't have Beyond the Supernatural. I do have Between the Shadows, with it's Natural & Genius PCC, p121.

1) Is the Beyond the Supernatural class significantly different from the Between the Shadows Class? 2a) Is there guidance from converting the Between the Shadows class? Where? 2b) How different is it from the CB1 conversion?

As a parallel question, is there guidance out there for converting the Psi-mechanic PCC (also from Between the Shadows, p123) ?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Rifts Conversion

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

There are a total (that I could find) of three Natural/Genius PCCs.
One in each of the following, BTS 1st ed, BTS 2nd ed and NB:bts.
Base PPE: BTS1: 4d6+10, BTS2: 2d6+18, and NB:bts: 4d6+16.

Based on the Page number reference I am going to presume you have the orginal RCB1. As such the text is talking about converting the BTS 1st ed. as such I will drop talking about the 2nd ed BTSfrom my comments for now.

In BTS1 the per PPE point bonus is +5% to one skill. In NB:bts the bonus is only +3% per PPE point.

In the NB:bts PCC PB added two specile power sets and drops one. However, the mental one added one has aspects of the one dropped. And in my opinion is better then the one dropped.
The other one added is the Ex PE one.

As to the cost to get these power sets, most of them have been raised one or two points.
Only the Electrical, Computer, & weapons sets have stayed the same. While the bio was rasied by 2, Prowess by 1, Str by 3.
The drop and replace sets are different by 2.

Now in BTS 2nd ed, the PPE converted to skills bonuses are handled differently. And there are ways to raise the char's stats and to give bonuses to saving throws.
As to how I would apply the conversion tothe NB:bts Nat./Gen. ...I would make no changed to the conversion text.
Note, in the RCB1 revised, the text for the Nat./Gen. are copied and paisted. But the 1st printing of the BTS 2nd ed (2005) was printed after the 1st printing of the RCB1r (2002). [NB:bts: 1997]
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
pad300
Wanderer

Unread post by pad300 »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:There are a total (that I could find) of three Natural/Genius PCCs.
One in each of the following, BTS 1st ed, BTS 2nd ed and NB:bts.
Base PPE: BTS1: 4d6+10, BTS2: 2d6+18, and NB:bts: 4d6+16.

Based on the Page number reference I am going to presume you have the orginal RCB1. As such the text is talking about converting the BTS 1st ed. as such I will drop talking about the 2nd ed BTSfrom my comments for now.

In BTS1 the per PPE point bonus is +5% to one skill. In NB:bts the bonus is only +3% per PPE point.

In the NB:bts PCC PB added two specile power sets and drops one. However, the mental one added one has aspects of the one dropped. And in my opinion is better then the one dropped.
The other one added is the Ex PE one.

As to the cost to get these power sets, most of them have been raised one or two points.
Only the Electrical, Computer, & weapons sets have stayed the same. While the bio was rasied by 2, Prowess by 1, Str by 3.
The drop and replace sets are different by 2.

Now in BTS 2nd ed, the PPE converted to skills bonuses are handled differently. And there are ways to raise the char's stats and to give bonuses to saving throws.
As to how I would apply the conversion tothe NB:bts Nat./Gen. ...I would make no changed to the conversion text.
Note, in the RCB1 revised, the text for the Nat./Gen. are copied and paisted. But the 1st printing of the BTS 2nd ed (2005) was printed after the 1st printing of the RCB1r (2002). [NB:bts: 1997]

Thank you for your help. As a clarification about base PPE, the NB:BTS version has 4d6+16 + PE for base PPE. Is this also true for the BTS1 and BTS2 versions? Or is the NB version more powerful (and thus perhaps usable without a conversion...).
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

If I recall, the reason for PPE in BtS in character creation was to purchase "skill" sets to customize your character...and any "unburned" PPE was then locked at the end of creation. So, that would mean that the BtS human character would have a potentially (much) larger pool of PPE available than the average RIFTS human character.
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.

Return to “Nightbane®”