Related skills and bonuses

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Keith_gearlds
D-Bee

Related skills and bonuses

Unread post by Keith_gearlds »

This may have been answered before but... When o.c.c. related skills give a bonus such as +5% for sciences. Does that bonus apply just to the o.c.c. related skills or can it be applied to the primary skills as well. For example my o.c.c. has language and as a related skill there's a +5% bonus to languages. Can I add the +5% to all languages known and consequently can I add +5% for each language learned? Same for me with sciences can I add +5% to primary sciences plus add 5% every time I learn a new science?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Related skills and bonuses

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

The OCC skills already have their own bonuses.
The OCC Related skills' bonuses only apply to the OCCR skills.

The bonuses in one set do not effect the other set of skills.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Jack Burton »

Keith_gearlds wrote:This may have been answered before but... When o.c.c. related skills give a bonus such as +5% for sciences. Does that bonus apply just to the o.c.c. related skills or can it be applied to the primary skills as well. For example my o.c.c. has language and as a related skill there's a +5% bonus to languages. Can I add the +5% to all languages known and consequently can I add +5% for each language learned? Same for me with sciences can I add +5% to primary sciences plus add 5% every time I learn a new science?

Which game are you taking about? And what OCC?
Keith_gearlds
D-Bee

Unread post by Keith_gearlds »

Jack Burton wrote:
Keith_gearlds wrote:This may have been answered before but... When o.c.c. related skills give a bonus such as +5% for sciences. Does that bonus apply just to the o.c.c. related skills or can it be applied to the primary skills as well. For example my o.c.c. has language and as a related skill there's a +5% bonus to languages. Can I add the +5% to all languages known and consequently can I add +5% for each language learned? Same for me with sciences can I add +5% to primary sciences plus add 5% every time I learn a new science?

Which game are you taking about? And what OCC?

Sorry, I was referencing the Rifts rpg. My gaming group have just recently began to play.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:The OCC skills already have their own bonuses.
The OCC Related skills' bonuses only apply to the OCCR skills.

The bonuses in one set do not effect the other set of skills.

This.

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”